PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Headed to Miami?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willie55

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I'm to the game this weekend - leaving Saturday and coming back Tuesday.

Is anybody else going?

What is the area around the stadium like? Are there bars for the 4 o'clock games or is like Gillette out in the middle of nowhere?

I'll be heading down, going with my old man, cousin and uncle. We're leaving Thursday afternoon and coming back on Monday. Staying at a best western in south beach area. No idea what's around the stadium, I've never been to a game down there, but I'm hoping there are some good bars, etc. around the stadium.

I'd be a little careful as there are areas nearby that are high cime and unsafe. Do your homework and talk to those more specificly knowlegeable than I.

I'm to the game this weekend - leaving Saturday and coming back Tuesday.

Is anybody else going?

What is the area around the stadium like? Are there bars for the 4 o'clock games or is like Gillette out in the middle of nowhere?

*The stadium isn't in the best part of town, however there is a hooters about 10 minutes away where you can get your drink on and watch the 4pm games

*The stadium isn't in the best part of town, however there is a hooters about 10 minutes away where you can get your drink on and watch the 4pm games

Cool. Thanks.

the stadium is out in the middle of nowhere. There are a lot of places back in Miami and in Ft Lauderdale. I always stay in Ft Lauderdale with a friend.

The stadium is in the middle of no where so plan on just tailgating. Might I recommend Tootsies...a gentleman's club with a liberal backroom policy...nudge nudge. Not sure how far away their new club is from the stadium , but where ever thay put it...find it. People have been known to scalp their football tix and just hang out there for 3, 4 or 8 hours.

The stadium is in the middle of no where so plan on just tailgating. Might I recommend Tootsies...a gentleman's club with a liberal backroom policy...nudge nudge. Not sure how far away their new club is from the stadium , but where ever thay put it...find it. People have been known to scalp their football tix and just hang out there for 3, 4 or 8 hours.

Thanks for the info. I just tried to googlemap it but it didn't come up. We'll have to ask some of the locals.

edit: found it on normal google: http://www.tootsiescabaret.com/

Last edited:
I'm going with a group of 62 Patriots fans. I've been to the game down there 6 or 7 years in a row.

I'll be there, and it will be my first ever NFL game :) We should crash PatsSteve's tailgating party, I mean if it's ok with him :D

Will be there Saturday night too if anyone wants to go bar hopping. I live in Fort Myers now so I should be able to get some good info on places to go.

I will be there. I will be staying in Ft. Lauderdale from Friday to Monday.

I went last year also and was surprised at how out of the way in the middle of no where the stadium was.

My girl and I will be down there this weekend, staying along A1A in Ft. Lauderdale. Hope to see some fellow Pats fans around Sunday!

Last edited:
I'm sure there will be a good percentage of Pats fans down there, I know there are a few organized trips going. We put our own together and it was about the same price with better seats then what the one we looked into was offering. 2 more days until we leave and boy I can't wait! We'll definately have to check out that "club" ;)

I'm going with a group of 62 Patriots fans. I've been to the game down there 6 or 7 years in a row.

Setve, Mrs B et. al. I envy you folks. Really wanted to get back to my old Ft Lauderdale area haunts.

I'm headed down thursday morning with the wife. Stopping off in the keys a few days before. We are meeting up with a group of about 50 Pats fans sunday morning . We will be located in the Camry lot in the aisle directly east of the DHL sign fairly close to the stadium. We be there as lot opens. This lot is permit only (we picked them up as a package deal with the tickets on Ebay) but cash lot is a short walk away. Look for for two side by side Patriots tents with the guy working the grill wearing two knee braces (he is the host who is originally from Milton but now lives in Naples ). Last year after the game Bradys sister and Girlfriend stopped by. The call has been put into Bradys sister Pharmaceutical office to invite to her to stop by again if she is going. Hope to see lots of Pats fans just like last year.

Only thing I can think of is Tootsies on 441, malls, and beaches. :p

Ives Dairy on that side of town is pretty empty. Middle of nowhere stadium. Don't walk alone (especially if the Doofins lose).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye