Welcome to PatsFans.com

Head of Republican Party Endorses Constituents to Cheat and Lie...

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DarrylS, May 8, 2012.

1. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +358 / 11 / -27

Not surprising, but the self proclaimed head of the Republican Party, Rush Limbaugh encourages his constituents to commit fraud..

A caller called the show and put forth the idea that righties who are retired, students, or not employed but don’t necessarily have a need to be, should go to the nearest unemployment office and “register as unemployed” to help skew the unemployment numbers in this country — to make President Obama look like an economic failure.. it all harkens back to when Obama was elected, Rush openly proclaimed that he wished Obama would fail as president.

One might think that with the Right so confident that they're gonna thrash Obama at the polls on Election Day, fraud would be unnecessary. That Rush would have just laughed it off and assured the caller that Obama is toast anyway, so why risk federal prosecution?

Rush Echo

This takes place at about 12:45 CST of the May 7, Rush show..

2. The Brandon Five

The Brandon Five Rookie

Ratings:
    +215 / 0 / -4

#75 Jersey

If Rush is the head of the GOP it explains alot. Anywho, it sounds like the caller is suggesting that people skew the statistics, not falsely file claims. Anyone else ever been a survey subject for BLS? They came to my home periodically to ask questions about my employment over the last week or weeks. I assume that I was selected at random. Unemployment figures are not based on claims.

How the Government Measures Unemployment
    It's definitely dishonest (like voting in the other party's primary to help the weaker candidate win) but it is not actually fraud. Fraud would be falsely filing a claim.
  3. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +358 / 11 / -27

It is encouraging fraud.. which denotes intent.

BTW Ronald Reagan changed the way we count the unemployed. to make his administration look better than Carter's...
    Last edited: May 8, 2012
  4. The Brandon Five

The Brandon Five Rookie

Ratings:
    +215 / 0 / -4

#75 Jersey

I don't think a charge of fraud for lying in a survey would hold up in court. Falsely filing an unemployment claim would.
  5. cupofjoe1962

cupofjoe1962 Rookie

Ratings:
    +63 / 14 / -9

Here I was thinking that Acorn switched parties.

Attached Files:

6. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,024 / 8 / -19

#87 Jersey

A thread about politicians cheating and lying ... not exclusive sorry it's an epidemic.
    Last edited: May 9, 2012