he would be expensive, but he would be perfect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Ravens | McAlister might not be with team for 2006 season
Sat, 21 Jan 2006 09:05:15 -0800

Mike Preston, of the Baltimore Sun, reports Baltimore Ravens head coach Brian Billick recently warned team officials that CB Chris McAlister might not be with the team for the 2006 season. McAlister has five years left on his contract worth $36 million. He received a $10 million signing bonus in October of 2004 and another $7.5 million during the spring of 2005.

- Pats should splurge a little if this guy becomes a FA..

Chris said:
Ravens | McAlister might not be with team for 2006 season
Sat, 21 Jan 2006 09:05:15 -0800

Mike Preston, of the Baltimore Sun, reports Baltimore Ravens head coach Brian Billick recently warned team officials that CB Chris McAlister might not be with the team for the 2006 season. McAlister has five years left on his contract worth $36 million. He received a $10 million signing bonus in October of 2004 and another $7.5 million during the spring of 2005.

- Pats should splurge a little if this guy becomes a FA..

You don't think that Baltimore might try to trade him first? Just curious.

McCAllister is one of the most overrated CBs in the league. He does possess rare size for at CB and has the tools but doesn't have his head on straight. Steelers have been abusing him for years.

i love the guy. say all ya want about him, but the dude can play football.

Digger44 said:
i love the guy. say all ya want about him, but the dude can play football.

So can T.O. Doesn't mean he's a valuable player, though.

pats1 said:
So can T.O. Doesn't mean he's a valuable player, though.

Belichick wouldn't touch this jackhole. He is very talented...no doubt...but I wouldn't want to ride on that jet with him (you know the jet story, don't you?).

Terry Glenn is a cowgirl said:
Belichick wouldn't touch this jackhole. He is very talented...no doubt...but I wouldn't want to ride on that jet with him (you know the jet story, don't you?).
No, no... you spilled it, you clean it up. What's the jet story? :D

I'd rather have ed reed.

If we were to spend big bucks on a CB in FA, my guess would be that its Nate Clements.

Never liked this guy, as overrated as it gets. NM.

T-ShirtDynasty said:
No, no... you spilled it, you clean it up. What's the jet story? :D

There was an article a few years back. He was on a jet. Apparently he had WAY too much liquid courage...and...was yelling at the top of his lungs that he was a dominate player in the NFL -- and -- he was godlike. He demanded to the stewardess(s) that he get an unlimited amount of adult beverages.

I guess he is just MUCH better than everyone else.

He kind of reminds me of Ted Turner. Ego the size of USSR.

Terry Glenn is a cowgirl said:
Ed Reed is one of the best. They will keep him for awhile I bet.
For all the great plays Reed makes, he makes alot of bad ones you don't see either. He's a real gambler and has alot of blown coverages. Plus he's not the greatest in run support, he's a sure tackler, but not always as willing as you'd like. I'd rather have Rodney or Lynch, or even Milloy.

If you haven't read it, John Feinstein's new book Next Man Up is about the Ravens. He pretty much did the same thing as Michael Holley did, except he follows the Ravens. He does not paint that great a picture of McAllister. He's kind of a weird guy and a loner. The Ravens were reluctant to give him a big contract which is odd since franchise LT's and elite corners get paid so it should send out some warning flags about him.

drew4008 said:
For all the great plays Reed makes, he makes alot of bad ones you don't see either. He's a real gambler and has alot of blown coverages. Plus he's not the greatest in run support, he's a sure tackler, but not always as willing as you'd like. I'd rather have Rodney or Lynch, or even Milloy.
The football scientist backs you up on that point. I remember one of his columns pointing out how bad Reed can be in coverage and making the point that despite all the int's, qb's were not afraid to challenge him. Can't rememeber if it was on his site on or on espn.

Last edited:
The big bucks this offseason should go into getting Seymour extended which would proclude them signing someone like McAllister.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back