PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

He may not be your QB...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDoggfather

Rookie
Reaction score
But, I'll take a guy with heart like this anyday...

I apologize for initiating a thread and not being a "local", but, after reading this today, you've gotta give him his props. Not only did Rivers play on a bum leg, he played w/o an ACL!

By Kevin Acee
UNION-TRIBUNE STAFF WRITER

12:39 p.m. January 21, 2008

Philip Rivers' anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee is “totally gone” and he will have reconstructive surgery soon. The recovery time for the surgery is not known but Rivers said he definitely will be 100 percent by the start of next season.

Meanwhile, Chargers running back LaDainian Tomlinson said his sprained MCL will not require surgery. About four weeks rest should be enough to heal the injury that kept him out of all but the first two offensive series of Sunday's AFC Championship Game.

Rivers played the entirety of the Chargers' 21-12 loss to the New England Patriots with a right knee with no ACL. He revealed Monday he had arthroscopic surgery last Monday to clean out loose cartilage and enable him to play.

The San Diego Union-Tribune first reported Friday that Rivers had injured his ACL, but the extent of the injury was not known until today.
Until Sunday night, Rivers and the team said his injury was just a sprained MCL.

Last edited:
ugh....look, you lost, again, get over it. If your goal is to get us to say "Gee, if Philip Rivers was healthy the Patriots would have lost," you are barking up the wrong tree.

Last edited:
But, I'll take a guy with heart like this anyday...

I apologize for initiating a thread and not being a "local", but, after reading this today, you've gotta give him his props. Not only did Rivers play on a bum leg, he played w/o an ACL!

By Kevin Acee
UNION-TRIBUNE STAFF WRITER

12:39 p.m. January 21, 2008

Philip Rivers' anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee is “totally gone” and he will have reconstructive surgery soon. The recovery time for the surgery is not known but Rivers said he definitely will be 100 percent by the start of next season.

Meanwhile, Chargers running back LaDainian Tomlinson said his sprained MCL will not require surgery. About four weeks rest should be enough to heal the injury that kept him out of all but the first two offensive series of Sunday's AFC Championship Game.

Rivers played the entirety of the Chargers' 21-12 loss to the New England Patriots with a right knee with no ACL. He revealed Monday he had arthroscopic surgery last Monday to clean out loose cartilage and enable him to play.

The San Diego Union-Tribune first reported Friday that Rivers had injured his ACL, but the extent of the injury was not known until today.
Until Sunday night, Rivers and the team said his injury was just a sprained MCL.
the guy has a lot of heart but the problem with rivers is his head .he lacks poise in my opinion .but hes still a very good qb .hes no brady but who is

I agree. Rivers played his heart out. And he deserves the utmost respect. Yap, yap, but OK guy you showed up and you deserve respect.

The problem is -- a lot of people that post on threads are 20 and younger. They do not understand or respect the game of football. Not all, but most.

No problem from me. Rivers deserves all the respect he should receive. No question, no doubt, nada.

ugh....look, you lost, again, get over it. If your goal is to get us to say "Gee, if Philip Rivers was healthy the Patriots would have lost," you are barking up the wrong tree.

You need to read my previous posts before spouting off, Sport.

You need to read my previous posts before spouting off, Sport.

No need to get angry. I know what you what to say and you are right on the money.

Don't worry about it, Rivers did one heck of a job. No excuses, no nonsense, no nothing. He played his heart out, and if people have a problem with that, well, it is their problem.

I love the Pats, will be a Pats fan until I die, but I still can appreciate and respect another team's player. Rivers did that for me last night.

So, do not worry about the nonsense of the world. You know, I know.

But I wish some folks outside of NE would appreciate what Brady is. One of the best that ever played the game.

For anyone feeling the need to spout off like the previous tool, know this; I never came on here talking shyte and I never really expected the Chargers to win. I just wanted a fairly played game where the players decided the outcome and not the officials... and that's what we all got.

I never said Rivers was Brady... he's not in his class and will not be until he can lead his team to a Super Bowl victory. Even then, he'd still have to bag two more to be in teh same zip code as TB!

I was just passing this on as a little FYI due to the fact that I read several posts earlier in the week about how much of a punk Rivers was.

Emphasis on 'was'.

Some of you fans, not all of you that's for sure, need to take a page out of your teams playbook. You know, the one called humility.

For anyone feeling the need to spout off like the previous tool, know this; I never came on here talking shyte and I never really expected the Chargers to win. I just wanted a fairly played game where the players decided the outcome and not the officials... and that's what we all got.

I never said Rivers was Brady... he's not in his class and will not be until he can lead his team to a Super Bowl victory. Even then, he'd still have to bag two more to be in teh same zip code as TB!

I was just passing this on as a little FYI due to the fact that I read several posts earlier in the week about how much of a punk Rivers was.

Emphasis on 'was'.

Some of you fans, not all of you that's for sure, need to take a page out of your teams playbook. You know, the one called humility.

What I like is that you love your team. Me, I loved my team when we went 1-15. That is a fan.

You have an over the top great team and you will give us all we can handle in the next few years.

It is really hard to win the SB. You are close, but you have to fill some holes. Those holes are leadership, team first, otherwise you got it. Rivers may be the guy that gets your team united.

But, right now, we got it. Leadership, good (well great) coaching, team spirit, until you get there, well, what are we to say????

the chargers and rivers are very good everybody knows that.

I think he's an a-hole, but I gotta give him props for answering the bell.

Emphasis on 'was'.

Geez, sorry, didn't mean to hurt feelings....

you know what, I love Phillip Rivers! I'm going to go get a #17 jersey! Go Bolts!

And for all of his heart, he couldn't get them into the end zone. If you feel this way about Rivers, would that mean you think LT has no heart? He sulked on the bench the entire game with his helmet on and would not even bother himself to cheer on his teamates. What a jackass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes