Welcome to PatsFans.com

HD Jumbotrons at the game last night?

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by MooseKnuckles, Aug 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MooseKnuckles

MooseKnuckles On the Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I gave up my tix for the game last night. I was hoping to get some feedback on how much of a difference / improvement the new HD big screens made on the game / replays??

2. signbabybrady

signbabybrady Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +182 / 1 / -1

#24 Jersey

Re: HD Jumbotrons at the game last night ?

The new jumbo trons are spectacular almost to the point where they are distracting.

The difference is night and day. When I got home and turned on the TV I though my 50+ inch Panosonic Plasma was no good when I know it is fine it was just the descrepency that made it seem so.

As to the replays they seemed to be pretty much airing every single replay which I imagine will not be the case come regular season. Maybe Kraft overules and makes them play everything because of the investment but I would still think they would likely not want to air anything that could help the other team decide on a challenge or things of the like.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2010
  3. Rob0729

Rob0729 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,526 / 14 / -5

I remember when they opened Gillette and they bragged about the jumbotron they purchased and when I got in, I thought it was way overhyped. My season tickets at the time was in the opposite corner end zone and I couldn't see much of anything in detail. I am excited to see the new improved ones.

4. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,200 / 5 / -19

#61 Jersey

They are gigantic. They are the full size of the previous scoreboards. One semi-minor complaint: the actual "scoreboard" portion of the screen where they display the score, down/distance, etc., is sometimes hard to find until you remember where to look. It's sandwiched between ads that are the same size and brightness. I'd like to see that section a little bigger and made to stand out more.

5. Deus Irae

Deus Irae PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,786 / 79 / -77

Disable Jersey

Kraft probably has hundreds.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.