PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

HBO Inside the NFL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah yes the Steelers. The brain trust experts will really hype this one because of the total domination that the Steelers have over us, particularly when we go into their house.

More than one poster recently has referred to playing AT the Steelers.
Has the game site been changed?

My schedule says the Patriots' remaining away games are
@Bills (SNF)
@Ravens (MNF)
@Giants (SatNF).

Then in Feb ... @Glendale,AZ

And hearing Collinsworth saying the road go's through Foxboro and the field will be watered by the pats and be sloppy. I guess he does not know there is field turf now.

Did he really say that?
Only a true POS would say that.

Both the path to perfection and the road to Glendale actually
run thru the zebras.

Now THERE is a reason to RunUpTheScore.

The whole "team x is beatable" phrase in sports has never really made sense to me. If a team has lost a game, well then the obvious is being stated. If they haven't lost, then they're not beatable at that point. If a team finally beats said team, well then we're back to stating the obvious. When coming from a player, it's a way to make themsleves feel better after losing.

In the case of the Pats, when they blow people out, they're running up the score, if they win a close game, they're "beatable".

(1) Were they actually saying Green Bay would give us a game if we were to meet in the SuperBowl, Greenbay? (2) The Patriots set a record for penalties committed. Do they actually think thats going to happen again.

(1) Yeah, because we all know the Patriots D hates playing one-dimensional teams. . . . :rolleyes:

(2) Actually, the record was for penalty yards, not penalty flags. Again, thanks, zebras.

And hearing Collinsworth saying the road go's through Foxboro and the field will be watered by the pats and be sloppy. I guess he does not know there is field turf now.

Did he really say that? He's pathetic. He's suppose to know that kind of stuff, isn't he?

OH MY GOD. YOU MEAN THAT THEY CONCLUDED FROM A CLOSE GAME WHERE THE PATRIOTS WERE DOWN 10 WITH LESS THAN A QUARTER LEFT THAT THEY MIGHT BE BEATABLE!!!!! OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD THE DISRESPECT BULLETIN BOARD INDIGNATION *puff puff* GONNA *puff* HEART ATTACK READY TO KILL EVERYBODY.

For god's sake. What, I mean WHAT about the idea that the Pats can be beaten if you pressure Brady is so outlandish? Enough about the zebras, take away the PI calls and who says that the Colts still don't drive anyway? Besides they only led to 3. The Colts D looked good: fast and aggressive. Yes, the Patriots can ABSOLUTELY be beaten. Will it happen? Hope not. But god damn already...are they supposed to just hand the Pats the Lombardi tomorrow?

What on earth does it matter who thinks we are or are not beatable?

For pete's sake -- these are opinion shows predicting the future. Nobody is claiming to be psychic. The games are going to be played. We will be beaten or we won't. 9-0 speaks for itself, but all it is is 9-0. Anything is still possible. Do we really need to get bent out of shape about the fact that the opinion sports shows are not monolithically saying, "they're the best team ever."

If we go 19-0 there will be plenty of time for that.

Last edited:
More than one poster recently has referred to playing AT the Steelers.
Has the game site been changed?

My schedule says the Patriots' remaining away games are
@Bills (SNF)
@Ravens (MNF)
@Giants (SatNF).

Then in Feb ... @Glendale,AZ

No, I should have worded it differently. It is at the Razor. What I was trying to say was we have Pittsburgh's number, even at their home field.

I don't think you people should be too hard on the people of Inside the NFL. Basically Chris Collinsworth has been on the Patriots bandwagon since the Dallas game and Cris Carter has basically said this team could match up with any of the dominant teams of any era.

The close game just gave them something else to talk about besides another Patriots route.

The only problem I have is their logic that teams other than the Colts can now have a chance when the week before they said it was a two team race. The only thing this past game showed was that the Colts are close to the Patriots. It says nothing about any other team's ability to stay close. Until another team challenges the Patriots, I'm not convinced any other team is that close.

Maybe because without Harrison the PAts were able to roll the coverage over to Clark and Wayne. Also 4 drops came from that side of the formation. Does Harrison drop them or not get his feet in? Also, the Colts not having Ugoh was critical, especially late. Maybe that's why they thought they were beatable.

Excuses, excuses, excuses. They lost. Go home.

ok come on what do you expect them to do? Whenever someone is atop the NFL mountain the experts talk about possible ways to stop them. What you prefer them to do, have a segment where every pundit just says
Costas-"Well no one is going to beat this team, its just not conceivable"
Collinsworth-"I concur. Well the 2007 season is over, who could possibly beat new england in the 2008 season any ideas anyone?"
Marino-"Oh no one the Patriots franchise will never be beaten ever again."
Carter-"You're right, the equation for winning in the NFL has been solved by the Patriots the NFL will now implode due to logical paradox, we're now out of a job."

kinda went on a rant there but you get the drift. they need SOMETHING to talk about other than how great we are.

Maybe because without Harrison the PAts were able to roll the coverage over to Clark and Wayne. Also 4 drops came from that side of the formation. Does Harrison drop them or not get his feet in? Also, the Colts not having Ugoh was critical, especially late. Maybe that's why they thought they were beatable.

In conclusion, are you saying Indy will finish the Pats off in January.
Injuries are part of the game. Did you noticed how Harrison (that would be Rodney) ate up Dallas Clark. I guess if Harrison (that would be Rodney) played last year, then Indy doesn't go to the Superbowl.
Hopefully, Marvin Harrison and any other injured Colt play in the rematch, so we do not have to listen to the excuses.

What game were you watching? Here's what I saw .1 fluke 73 yard TD, 2 FG's on BS PI calls and an 8 play 32 yard drive set up by your D' interception and a Personal Foul Penalty. BTW who's not on the injury list for the Clot's this week? Small, Fast Teams = Small, injured Teams
What are you, an eastsider??

I will never figure out why you guys are still watching this show?!?!?

It sucks!

Watch the NFL Matchup with Sal Palantonio, Ron Jaworski and Keyshawn Johnson. It is the best football show on TV.

"Inside the NFL"? You gotta be s h i t t ing me!

Why not just watch that Bryant Gumble dribble...what's it called? "Inside Sports" or some s h i t? A totally candy-a s s rip-off of "Between the Lines".

HBO is awful for sports, save for their documentaries (Brooklyn Dodgers, 1980 USA Hockey and this one coming up about Michigan v Ohio State!)

All they need is that stupid NBA show with the former wide reciever from the Vikings doing it, Ahmad Farrahkahn Al-Habeeb Al-Rashad (his momma named him Bobby Moore - what was wrong with that?!?!? Great name for a wideout. "Bobby Moore").

Tell me how an NFL wide reciever is suddenly qualified to be an NBA pundit? He's awful! A total suck-up interviewer and do-boy!

At least he bangs that babe form the Cosby Show, so his life is not a total loss!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back