PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Haynesworth Press Conference

Status
Not open for further replies.
"........Just wait till we get our Haynes(worth) on you!........

If he does blow up...I hope its early so I wont get too disappointed.

Haynesworth: Chance to restore name - New England Patriots Blog - ESPN Boston

If he'd consider himself a high-motor player. "High-motor? A high-motor player is like Kyle Vanden Bosch, guys that run around non-stop like they got batteries up their butt. That's not me."

His view of Bill Belichick. "From being outside, I don't know, just the way he handled the team and everything. Now being inside, he's very detail-oriented and he demands perfection every single time. I've been with some really good teams, with a lot of great players, but I've never been in a situation where it's like perfection every time -- not for a person, but for a team."

How that will push him. "It's going to be awesome. I enjoy being here. It's a refresher, I love it, and it kind of revived me, playing football again."

What has surprised him most. "Just being here, how everybody takes you in, like I'm part of the family already. I met with Coach and we had a great conversation. I met with Mr. Kraft and we had a great conversation. Pep [Pepper Johnson]. Everything has been great, from the players, even some of the fans I ran into it. Everybody here has been awesome."

How much responsibility he takes for off-field issues. "I mean, it's all got my name on it, but I'm just going to leave that in the past, leave that in Washington, and have a fresh, new clean start here in New England."

Bolded my favorite part. Though, I didn't really want to know what Kyle Vanden Bosch puts in his butt.

edit: Haynesworth also strongly hints to the team switching to a 4-3 base.

Last edited by a moderator:
New England Patriots Blog - ESPN Boston

On his role on the defense. "Just to kill the quarterback."

The Patriots' scheme. "It's somewhat of an adjustment from what I was doing the last two years, but I'm kind of getting back to things I normally used to do. I just have to get my legs wet again and then I'll be OK."

Teaming up with Vince Wilfork at DT. "It's going to be scary, scary for other teams. ... I went to the Pro Bowl with Vince and the funny thing is, I said 'What if we were on the same team?' He was like, 'That would be crazy, there's no way that's going to happen.' But 2, 3 years later, here we are."

On a fresh start. "Of course. It's a new team, a great organization. I've been a fan of this team for a long time, other than when I was playing them. I always liked the Patriots."

Why he's been a fan of the team. "I always liked Coach Belichick, just the way he did things, the way the team performed. I came to games when I was in the pro's. I came in the AFC Championship when they were playing San Diego [in the 2007 season]. I was sitting up in the stands, freezing my butt off and sat down and watched them play. I've always been a fan of this team." [Rodney Harrison provided the tickets.]

If he feels in good shape. "Yeah, yeah, I feel all right [but] I'm still rusty. I haven't played hardly any, but now I'm getting to a role where I can play, so I have to definitely get my legs back under me."

On playing a 3-4 defense and possibly two-gapping. "I'm willing the attack the quarterback, kill the running back, and knock everything back. ... I don't care what it is. Whatever gap the ball is in, that's the gap I want to be in."

Last edited by a moderator:
Just came in from a long day and read this thread. It's a very nice thing to read, and I am more and more looking forward to the start of the season.

With the D-line it's looking like the Patriots will be using, I can well see a whole lot of QB's wanting nothing more than to get in the shotgun and hand the ball of to someone else so they can run for their lives. :D

Just came in from a long day and read this thread. It's a very nice thing to read, and I am more and more looking forward to the start of the season.

With the D-line it's looking like the Patriots will be using, I can well see a whole lot of QB's wanting nothing more than to get in the shotgun and hand the ball of to someone else so they can run for their lives. :D

I can see it now. Dirty Sanchez in shot gun, calling the cadence, looking at Wilfork and Haynesworth, he SHlTS himself, then hands the ball to haynesworth or wilfork, then runs off the field. He then tells Rex to put Brunell in!! Then to calm dirty sanchez down, Rex shares his GOD DAMN SNACK and gives him a FOOT massage!

I can see it now. Dirty Sanchez in shot gun, calling the cadence, looking at Wilfork and Haynesworth, he SHlTS himself, then hands the ball to haynesworth or wilfork, then runs off the field. He then tells Rex to put Brunell in!! Then to calm dirty sanchez down, Rex shares his GOD DAMN SNACK and gives him a FOOT massage!

If Rex tried giving me a foot massage I think I would be very nervous. We know that Sanchez loves his hotdogs, but every man has his limits.

Okay, this is all well and good but has anyone pulled up his first presser for the Redskins? I'd be curious to compare and contrast.

Last edited:
He certianlly said all the right things, it was good to hear him say "a fresh start" a few times and I really hope this is a fresh start from his time with the 'skins.
I am hopeful and think that VinceFork :)p) can be dominant.
Roll on week 1.

Okay, this is all well and good but has anyone pulled up his first presser for the Redskins? I'd be curious to compare and contrast.

He probably said some of the same things but this organization is different, I have no doubt they'll get one good year of AH, beyond that is anyones guess.

The video is now on the Patriots app if you have an Apple gadget. Very impressive interview.

Beyond one year...Who Cares !!

unless he takes a discount to get another longer term contract here...maybe getting to a SB will mean something to him.....

Can you say "Collapsed Pocket"

A great player who does not have a ring ... the carrot is there for him and I think he will give what he has in his quest to get a ring - that's all i need to know his play will take care of itself.

A GREAT player? Really?? Lol

Glad to see we are keeping the standards high around here.

He has been and can be a great player. Unfortunately he might be an awful human being.

A great player who does not have a ring ... the carrot is there for him and I think he will give what he has in his quest to get a ring - that's all i need to know his play will take care of itself.

No offense but I doubt he wants a carrot, hang a triple cheeseburger and he may tug at it a bit more... :p

A GREAT player? Really?? Lol

Glad to see we are keeping the standards high around here.

Dude was Defensive player of the year...

Defensive player of the year: Albert Haynesworth - NFL - Sporting News

No defensive tackle created more problems for opponents this season than Albert Haynesworth, a 6-6, 320-pound mountain of a man. He had 8.5 sacks, 75 tackles, 22 quarterback pressures and four forced fumbles despite missing the final two games with a knee injury.

Opposing player's take:

"When you play him, you've got to get your mind right first of all. We call him Heavy Lunch. He's just such a big, strong, explosive player that every play I have to bring everything I have -- and that's just to slow him down. There really is no way to stop him. They don't build humans big enough and strong enough to stop people that size." -- Texans guard Chester Pitts

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes