Haynesworth gets 5 lousy games

Status
Not open for further replies.

RyanTheColtsFan

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Without pay.

5 Freaking games? That's it?

Let's see if Fisher steps up and adds to it. I agree though, 5 games just doesn't seem like enough.

Just In : Haynesworth gets a 5 game suspension

Albert Haynesworth was just suspended for 5 games..Does not seem much of a punishment..Should have been kicked out of the league at least a year...He gets no pay either during these weeks of suspension-Maybe they'll trade him to Cincy with the rest of the thugs.

I may have given him more but a third of a season is hardly just a slap on the wrist. That's a serious penalty.

I thought 6 games and a hefty fine was about right.

Eh, I thought 4 would be fair, just like a drug suspension. Our society is a results-based society and he didn't do the guy irreparable harm. Missing 5/16 of your games and paycheck is pretty big.

Last edited:
I was hoping for at least 6 games and some hefty fines.. Pfft. What kind of precedent is this setting for future ASSAULTS on the field? YES, that was an assault.

Fisher was just on NFLN discussing the suspension and didn't say anything about adding to it.

The possible penalty was discussed last night in this thread and I was one of the few not calling for his testicles to be excised. I originally said 4 games then upon reflection said 6 games would be better, and apparently the league thinks about the same way I did.

The guy was very remorseful afterwards (contrast that to the fake apologies or denials of responsibility we have seen many times from other NFL players) and the whole thing was in the heat of battle. Five games is a severe suspension by NFL standards and Haynesworth did not in any way shape or form got off lightly.

Fisher could probably give him 4 more games.............Behaviour detrimental to the team.

BelichickFan said:
I may have given him more but a third of a season is hardly just a slap on the wrist. That's a serious penalty.
Would you have felt the same way if it was Koppen's exposed head getting stomped on with cleats? ;)

Or try it the other way, what if Big Vince Wilfork did that to somebody? Would you want the Patriots to welcome him back into the 'family' after a 5 game suspension? Personally, I'd want him gone.

This is the longest NFL suspension for an on the field incident EVER. Almost half the season is more than sufficient.

I'm sure Tennesse will cut him after his 5-games are over anyway.

Why do Colt's fans always whine? Maybe they should change the rules again for you?

denverpatsfan said:
I would be shocked if the Titans cut him over this whole ordeal.

I think it's fair. What Haynesworth did was stupid, but he did it in the heat of battle. 5 games - that's a hefty fine.

This is a significant penalty that I believe is very fair.

denverpatsfan said:
This is the longest NFL suspension for an on the field incident EVER. Almost half the season is more than sufficient.

Why do Colt's fans always whine? Maybe they should change the rules again for you?

Blah blah blah. This has nothing to do with the Colts. Jeez.

Murphys95 said:
I think it's fair. What Haynesworth did was stupid, but he did it in the heat of battle. 5 games - that's a hefty fine.

Agreed. Unlike some others, I believe that nearly a third of your working year and nearly a third of your weekly paycheck lost sends a message. If he makes a million, this amounts to a 300,000 dollar fine. Further, this will affect his future earning potential in the NFL likely. Lastly, he did do it in the heat of battle and he copped to it and apologized. Bottom line, He's getting a huge fine for it, he's not playing now and he was contrite. Seems acceptable to me. Move on.......

I found Haynesworth to be sincerely and legitimately remorseful. He took the heat. While that doesn't absolve him from wrongdoing, it was on some level refreshing. And 5 games without pay seems pretty steep. Fair enough.

I know. Now go away till week 9.

Does anyone remember how long Brown's offensive tackle Orlando Brown was suspended for for attacking the referee that hit him in the eye with a flag?

Similar cases, no? In both cases you had an unprotected person being attacked.

I didn't know Haynesworth acted like a pr*ck after his assault on Gurode until I saw the full thing on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ay5BE-xVd_w

Watching that makes me believe his apology after the game was BS, just a PR move to lessen the suspension and fine. Five games still seems fair to me though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes