PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hawkins needs not to look back...If we are smart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Box_O_Rocks said:
Yeh, only you coaches should be the ones yelling to bench a player because he sucks. Fans should be talking about what he was or wasn't doing right and how it seems to be affecting the team. Of course if you cut & paste the same rant into each thread regardless of applicability you can become a forum legend.

There were a lot of people claiming Geno was doing a lousy job after the Jets' game, yet the same people were rather vague about why they thought that. Now we have folks insisting Hawkins is head and shoulders better than Geno - yet the coach who took this club to three Superbowls allowed him to play while Hawkins was riding the pine. I'm supposed to assume you know better and join your chorus? I prefer the approach of looking at the TV recording and trying to figure out what BB is seeing that the one play wonders aren't.

How many people were crying last night because Gostkowski didn't kick a touchback? I guess we should cut him and bring Paul Edinger in or Martin Gramatica? Or we could look at where the ball was being received and thinking about who was the returner and estimating hang time's effect on said returner as the coverage closed in. But it's so much more fun to insist we're fans and have a right to pee and moan instead of learning something about the game we claim to enjoy and how the team we allegedly follow plays the game.
Beleive me guys...this goof ball above 'rocks in his f*ck*ng head' duh was likely chanting in late 2001 season 'PUT BLEDSOE BACK IN ,PUT BLEDSOE BACK IN!!-THEN YELLING 'WHAT ARE YOU DOING BB,ARE YOU CRAZY???' -GUARANTEED BLEDSOE BACKER!!' While sitting in his little rocking chair with a beer yelling at the screen - Another As$Ho-e brain surgeon on here who does nothing but criticize everything his little tiny brain desires and does not agree with - Who gives a Fu^^ what you think? -Shove your insulting stupid opinions where the sun don't shine- NOW THATS CONSTRUCTIVE CRITISIZING - You don't like it,tough S##t - move on to the next post

Last edited:
PATRIOT64 said:
Beleive me guys...this goof ball above 'rocks in his f*ck*ng head' duh was likely chanting in late 2001 season 'PUT BLEDSOE BACK IN ,PUT BLEDSOE BACK IN!!-THEN YELLING 'WHAT ARE YOU DOING BB,ARE YOU CRAZY???' -GUARANTEED BLEDSOE BACKER!!' While sitting in his little rocking chair with a beer yelling at the screen - Another As$Ho-e brain surgeon on here who does nothing but criticize everything his little tiny brain desires and does not agree with - Who gives a Fu^^ what you think? -Shove your insulting stupid opinions up your A%%!! - NOW THATS CONSTRUCTIVE CRITISIZING - You don't like it tough S##t troll

:confused:

In the words of the great John McEnroe, you cannot be serious.

PATRIOT64 said:
Beleive me guys...this goof ball above 'rocks in his f*ck*ng head' duh was likely chanting in late 2001 season 'PUT BLEDSOE BACK IN ,PUT BLEDSOE BACK IN!!-THEN YELLING 'WHAT ARE YOU DOING BB,ARE YOU CRAZY???' -GUARANTEED BLEDSOE BACKER!!' While sitting in his little rocking chair with a beer yelling at the screen - Another As$Ho-e brain surgeon on here who does nothing but criticize everything his little tiny brain desires and does not agree with - Who gives a Fu^^ what you think? -Shove your insulting stupid opinions where the sun don't shine- NOW THATS CONSTRUCTIVE CRITISIZING - You don't like it,tough S##t - move on to the next post

I haven't even been around this forum that long and i can already tell you that box is one of the most objective, knowledgeable, and intelligent posters on this board - if you want proof i'd suggest looking at some of the game breakdowns he and pats1 do - you might learn some interesting stuff about the pats.

Lockdown06 said:
I haven't even been around this forum that long and i can already tell you that box is one of the most objective, knowledgeable, and intelligent posters on this board - if you want proof i'd suggest looking at some of the game breakdowns he and pats1 do - you might learn some interesting stuff about the pats.
That may be true and he probably can produce good informative things about our pats and all, but to make mockery and judgement out of a another persons post or comment and being arrogant to the point of ridicule is improper - To post counter opinion with a disagreement of ones own is healthy in a forum,but to judge,insult and ridicule just because you don't agree is not acceptible in my book..Despite all this I am not going anywhere and staying continuing to post-like it or not.​
My take on things is if you agree add something to the persons post,If you disagree,then post a counter opinion intelligently and politely as I assume most of us are adults here,If you want to ridicule and insult no matter how stupid you think the post was then simply just keep your trap shut and move on to another post or go join the kiddy forums where they bash each other over retarted stuff...On this forum we are supposed to be Patriot Nation AS ONE UNIT who stick together loving the team whether or not we agree with each other or the teams decisions ect: - And of course no one here has ever sat down with BB or Brady in a long conversation concerning the team and I see no person on here who has ever played for the pats in this era,so other than watching them play and maybe some knowledgeable people here going over stats week in and week out,year after year,reality says in the long run,we are all just another patriots fan voicing our opinions about this team-good or bad​
Playing mr. know it all is never acceptible with me-You simply don't know me to judge me and if you give it out,you get it back,I don't accept crap from anyone,especially people who I don't know personally or know me.....Whether you agree or not to this statement is YOUR opinion and Ill stick to mine,thats what any type of forum is about and thats the way its gonna be here as far as I am concerned.​

Last edited:
PATRIOT64 said:
My take on things is if you agree add something to the persons post,If you disagree,then post a counter opinion intelligently and politely as I assume most of us are adults here,If you want to ridicule and insult no matter how stupid you think the post was then simply just keep your trap shut and move on to another post or go join the kiddy forums where they bash each other over retarted stuff...
Then stop posting like you are 13 (post 21 in this thread), that post contradicts those words.

PATRIOT64 said:
I say as long as our secondary is playing well,why change it-just because he is 'the starter?'...Did you actually want Bledsoe back in when he got healthier instead of Brady?-Probably....Would not have worked out too well for us eh? - If it ain't broke don't fix it - the last few games show,Its not broken.
"As long as our secondary is playing well why change it" & "the last few games show it's not broken"

Wilson was out for Cincinnati, Miami, and Minnesota - Hawkins got the start - Hawkins split time with Hobbs for Miami. Wilson started Buffalo (both times), Jets, and Denver (Reiss's blog archives). Hawkins replaced Wilson for the final quarter of Buffalo (away) when Wilson reinjured his hamstring.

I have no idea what you consider the last few games, but two things are clear, (1) Wilson is starting when he's medically available, (2) Hawkins is being used as a Reserve. Any "change" here is 180 degrees out from your stated position. If you think Hawkins is the better player you might need to support your argument with some details, and you might need to prepare yourself to be disappointed when Wilson gets healthy again. Just my "insulting, stupid opinion."

Oh, details such as your imaginary history of my position on the Bledsoe/Brady debates of the past, don't support your position today. Your opening statement and personal attacks are entertaining, but lack substance, get your tape and game notes out and provide some details, something like; (Jets, 4th qtr) 4th and 1, Wilson misses the tackle, BB screams at him on the sideline and puts Hawkins in at FS - help us folks in our rockers know what you see and we miss through our beer goggles. :)

Hawk has played damn well but what has Gino necesarily done wrong on the field since Week 2 vs. the Jets where everyone was whiffing on tackles. He;s made a few good plays, when he did play vs. the Bills, he made a great chace to tackle Mgahee with his injured hamstring.

PATRIOT64 said:
That may be true and he probably can produce good informative things about our pats and all, but to make mockery and judgement out of a another persons post or comment and being arrogant to the point of ridicule is improper - To post counter opinion with a disagreement of ones own is healthy in a forum,but to judge,insult and ridicule just because you don't agree is not acceptible in my book..Despite all this I am not going anywhere and staying continuing to post-like it or not.​
My take on things is if you agree add something to the persons post,If you disagree,then post a counter opinion intelligently and politely as I assume most of us are adults here,If you want to ridicule and insult no matter how stupid you think the post was then simply just keep your trap shut and move on to another post or go join the kiddy forums where they bash each other over retarted stuff...On this forum we are supposed to be Patriot Nation AS ONE UNIT who stick together loving the team whether or not we agree with each other or the teams decisions ect: - And of course no one here has ever sat down with BB or Brady in a long conversation concerning the team and I see no person on here who has ever played for the pats in this era,so other than watching them play and maybe some knowledgeable people here going over stats week in and week out,year after year,reality says in the long run,we are all just another patriots fan voicing our opinions about this team-good or bad​
Playing mr. know it all is never acceptible with me-You simply don't know me to judge me and if you give it out,you get it back,I don't accept crap from anyone,especially people who I don't know personally or know me.....Whether you agree or not to this statement is YOUR opinion and Ill stick to mine,thats what any type of forum is about and thats the way its gonna be here as far as I am concerned.​

Kind of like what you did?:confused:

I am a pro Hawkins guy, if for no other reason than he is a tackling machine. I was a proponent of a Wilson/Hawk/Rodney/Hobbs starting secondary during the pre-season. With the way Samuels has played, I look like a fool for that thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes