PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Havent really had a chance to post this but...

Status
Not open for further replies.
never say never.

most people didn't think moss would actually be here, but here he is.

taylor is close with brady, and BB loves his veteran defensive stars.

wasn't it just last year he was nfl defensive player of the year?

don't underestimate what BB would do to get him. he's a difference maker, who has dominated games against the pats. I would trade a number 1 for him in a second, but I don't think BB would have to.

I think he'd find a way to make it happen if it was possible.
we'll see :)

I'm assuming this means no colvin resigning.

Wer'e already trying to force the round peg into the square hole with AD at ILB.

isnt taylor a DE?? wats that have to do with colvin resigning ...Thomas seems like a perfect guy for this system too..i think both these guys are a possibility and heres why:

- Both coming to end of careers

- Smart, seasoned vets that BB likes

- They just want to win a SB and could come here for cheap (see also: Moss, Seau, Dillon)

- Phins probably wouldnt win anymore games next year than this year i they lost taylor

If Taylor does end up in Pats jersey, BB will find a way to utlize him. I remember watching Pats video on on-demand and BB was in such glee watching Taylor play. Kept repeating 'You can't do that play against him. He burned us so many times when we tried.' Since BB has tendency of signing proven players against Pats, if opportunity presents itself, I'm sure Pats will get Taylor.

isnt taylor a DE?? wats that have to do with colvin resigning ...Thomas seems like a perfect guy for this system too..i think both these guys are a possibility and heres why:

- They just want to win a SB and could come here for cheap (see also: Moss, Seau, Dillon)

- Phins probably wouldnt win anymore games next year than this year i they lost taylor

He's about 50-60 pounds shy of a DE in our system.

What if we get the 2008 equivalent to the Moss/Welker/Stallworth/Thomas haul? Taylor doesn't want another rebuilding season, Ray Lewis is fed up with the Ravens, there's bound to be a few guys available in free agency...

I would love it this would almost not be fair to the rest of the league especially the Dolphins.
I could see him and or Thomas as well as Keith Brooking from the Falcons, savy veteran people think is finished Atlanta's new coach goes through youth movement brooking is granted his out right release or traded for a mid round to late pick and becomes a pro bowler once again under BB's guidance.

While I don't know how likely it would be, I'm a big Brooking fan. I think he still has something left and would definitely fit a need for us.

Dude, your thread title is an all-time low for this messageboard. You just as easily could have said something like: Felger says BB wants Jason Taylor. You'd have gotten a lot more hits and contributions to the thread.

Quite agree! I stumbled across this by chance.

Dude, your thread title is an all-time low for this messageboard. You just as easily could have said something like: Felger says BB wants Jason Taylor. You'd have gotten a lot more hits and contributions to the thread.

Next time ill make an EXTREMELY LAZY thread title.

Why exactly is Miami going to trade him to NE?

Why exactly is Miami going to trade him to NE?

If Miami intends to trade him then i wouldnt expect much. But some seem to think that Taylor would be an offseason cut.

AD would move back inside, Colvin would stay on the outside with Vrabel, Taylor and hopefully Seau alternating in the other two spots. That would be my guess.

I dont think a trade will happen, given the huge mistake the Welker trade has become for the Dolphins. If they release him outright, he will be here.

The problem is that the Dolphins want to rebuild and they will ask a 1st round pick for Taylor. The Pats are NOT going to give up the #5 overall pick for an aging DE that they would have to convert to OLB.
If they cut him for cap purposes however... then all bets are off. ;)

...Felger last night on FSNE was saying something about Jason Taylor that really caught my attention.

He was talking up Miami and this and that and then mentioned that this is probably Taylor's last year in Miami. Now this is nothing new to hear, but what Felger said next was quite intriguing. He said if Taylor's available in the offseason there's no way we dont acquire him. Belichick wants him and Taylor wants to be here.

That may not be his EXACT words but that's pretty much to the point of what he said.

With that being said i would have to completely agree. Taylor is a player who can essentially play anywhere for you and produces in any aspect of the game. Belichick would love to have another player with Taylors intelligence and overall play added to our defense. Now i understand he is not the spring chicken everyone likes but hes that incredible veteran that BB covets more than anything else.

So what are your thoughts on Felger's thoughts/opinions?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Back