PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Havent really had a chance to post this but...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanBruschi54

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
...Felger last night on FSNE was saying something about Jason Taylor that really caught my attention.

He was talking up Miami and this and that and then mentioned that this is probably Taylor's last year in Miami. Now this is nothing new to hear, but what Felger said next was quite intriguing. He said if Taylor's available in the offseason there's no way we dont acquire him. Belichick wants him and Taylor wants to be here.

That may not be his EXACT words but that's pretty much to the point of what he said.

With that being said i would have to completely agree. Taylor is a player who can essentially play anywhere for you and produces in any aspect of the game. Belichick would love to have another player with Taylors intelligence and overall play added to our defense. Now i understand he is not the spring chicken everyone likes but hes that incredible veteran that BB covets more than anything else.

So what are your thoughts on Felger's thoughts/opinions?

If Felger said it...it's most likely NOT so.

If Felger said it...it's most likely NOT so.

BUt in this case i tend to think it could be true. BB absolutely loves Taylor, he talks about him more than he talked about Welker when he was a Dolphin.

This could be the exception.

Brady and Taylor are very good friends, I've been saying for a while that Taylor wants to be a Pat.

Maybe Taylor could bring Zach with him too.

I think it would be in everyone's best interests for Zach to retire. He hasn't played in over 2 months because of migraines brought on by his most recent concussion.

Sure why not,as long as his contract is in the low figures.The Man
deserves to get a Ring.:cool:

If the Pats get Jason Taylor next season I'll have a sportsgasm. Can you say 38 and 0?:rocker:

Dude, your thread title is an all-time low for this messageboard. You just as easily could have said something like: Felger says BB wants Jason Taylor. You'd have gotten a lot more hits and contributions to the thread.

Last edited:
I would love it this would almost not be fair to the rest of the league especially the Dolphins.
I could see him and or Thomas as well as Keith Brooking from the Falcons, savy veteran people think is finished Atlanta's new coach goes through youth movement brooking is granted his out right release or traded for a mid round to late pick and becomes a pro bowler once again under BB's guidance.

The only way Taylor comes here is for the veteran minimum. Also ... if I had to choose between Taylor 7 Seau due to not wanting too many old guys I stick with Seau ... love JT ... I just don't see him coming here because of the $$$.

Dude, your thread title is an all-time low for this messageboard. You just as easily could have said something like: Felger says BB wants

Tune ... we have had some bad ones ... a few by me even.:cool:

I really don't believe the money is crucial for JT FBN whenever I see him on tv I see a hurt man.
A prideful man who can't withstand another loss and is at the end of his patience but has enough class to completely bash the organization.
The Dolphins are about 5 years away from becoming a serious contender.
He's already had a large contract multiple endorsements I really doubt he blew anywhere near half of his earnings.
I'm afraid the Dolphins might block him from coming here by attempting to require a pick.
My take on the situation this is completely different then our contract disputes with She and Branch.
He has been nothing but loyal to Miami giving his all every play in every game and every practice.
Only to have a dimwitted front office miss on multiple drafts, coaches, and free agents.
They should give him the old handshake thank you for being a good soldier exit and 15 minutes later he could have a 2 or 3 year deal with the Patriots maxed out on incentives.

I'm afraid the Dolphins might block him from coming here by attempting to require a pick.

I could see him retiring if the Dolphins do not move him. I also don't see him warranting anything more than a 2nd day pick because he won't help the team for more than 3-ish years.

They should give him the old handshake thank you for being a good soldier exit and 15 minutes later he could have a 2 or 3 year deal with the Patriots maxed out on incentives.
I agree. Hopefully Miami will make the right move. Taylor has no place in a rebuilding franchise. IMO he wants to go to a contender or retirement.

IN A ZILLION YEARS, - especially after the Welker trade fall-out - Miami will NEVER trade Jason Taylor to the Pats. It would take a #1 pick and we should NOT offer that. Please stop dreaming.

The only way Taylor comes here is for the veteran minimum. Also ... if I had to choose between Taylor 7 Seau due to not wanting too many old guys I stick with Seau ... love JT ... I just don't see him coming here because of the $$$.

who knows JT would probably be willing to take a pay cut to win a championship just like Moss did, if he becomes a free agent I wouldnt be surprised to see him in a Patriots uniform next year which would be awesome...

I don't think it'll happen but Aqua's reaction will be classic if it does.

As much as I dispised him I really do feel bad for Thomas, the guy was a balls out defender better than Urlacher is or will be IMO he just never had the pieces around him or a competent coach or QB or GM or Owner etc.

As much as I dispised him I really do feel bad for Thomas, the guy was a balls out defender better than Urlacher is or will be IMO he just never had the pieces around him or a competent coach or QB or GM or Owner etc.

Why would you despise Zach Thomas? It's not his fault he knocked Sean Jefferson out.

Team For Sale
Price cut due to Player moved north!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes