PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Have you seen "Fever Pitch"? What do you do for a week if the Pats lose?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisgruntledTunaFan

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Remember how the Jimmy Falon character would get depressed, hibernate himself, act anti-social(especially at his g/f), etc when his Red Sox would lose? Just curious-what do you do for an entire week after the Pats lose?

Me?

1) Watch the Lifetime Channel-at least they have some GOOD depressing ****.

2) Spend many hours on the CMB-even through 100s of meltdown threads, our fan base ends up bonding together closer.

3) Stay in my room for hours with the lights turned out and away from my family members.

4) Stay away from the national sports media, as well as one of my favorite shows "Countdown with Keith Olbermann"(b/c he'll likely put Jerry/Romo/TO in his "Worst Persons" honors with Bush and O'Reilly).

5) Watch "Law and Order: Criminal Intent" reruns.

6) Work more hours.

7) I should try what Jimmy Falon did-watch hours of videos of Cowboys playoff follies over the last 13 years.

7) I should try what Jimmy Falon did-watch hours of videos of Cowboys playoff follies over the last 13 years.

Well you've got a good three hours that's just a week old.

Dude, that franchise hasn't even hit rock-bottom yet. You better compile a long and comprehensive list for coping with embarrassing losses.

5 easy steps

1, drink heavily
2. pass out
3. realize the world is still turning
4. get on with my life
5. avoid sports sites and radio for a couple weeks

Last edited:
Remember how the Jimmy Falon character would get depressed, hibernate himself, act anti-social(especially at his g/f), etc when his Red Sox would lose? Just curious-what do you do for an entire week after the Pats lose?

I felt that way for about a week after the SB loss.

I don't feel that way now. I feel just the opposite - very very proud of what this team accomplished.

I find the best thing to do is to watch my tapes of Super Bowl 36, 38, and 39.

i'd feel crappy too, tho, if i were a cowboys fan

I felt that way for about a week after the SB loss.

I don't feel that way now. I feel just the opposite - very very proud of what this team accomplished.

I feel the same way. Very proud of what they did with what they had. If it comes down to a Manning vs Manning SB I might have a set back.

After the last 2 years, this is nothing... But after last year on Feb 3rd I learned to do the following

1 Do not watch any more Espn morning shows, except for the occasional Sports Center because like the Celts, and hannah storm is a keeper:D

2 I turn on more news and amc channels..

3 spend more time at the gym

4 watch alot of the dvd's I get over the holidays..

The 2 previous seasons were down right awful.. this was something I was preparing for since sept 7th.. But glad it was kept interesting..

You know alcohol sales in Boston went through the roof following February 3, 2008.

What to do?

1. Waste hours on season wrapup talk on Patsfans
2. Go to gym and do wicked pissah workouts, checking out any hot babes (it's NH, not many)
3. Read books...reading "Digital Apollo" right now
4. Spend quality time with wife...rack up mucho brownie points
5. Force self to deal with wreckage of financial portfolio year end crap
6. Come out of cocoon and see actual people for New Years (before NFL draft)
7. Rekindle interest in astronomy stuff
8. Watch LOST, Burn Notice, Life and Battlestar Galactica when they resume
9. Head off to Florider next week for 2 months, temporarily abandoning Patsfans

What I will NOT do is watch commie bastid moonbat Olbermann

Last edited:
Last year I was depressed for months as I was goign through some really bad personal stuff and the SB loss REALLY added to it. But this year I am quite happy, we didn;t make it but we won our last game, finished up way ahead of where I thought we would, developed a QB that is worth serious draft picks, and Yes, the jets cost us a playoff sport but Mangina lost his job...so it was so worth it.

This year was a great year in my eyes

Me?

2) Spend many hours on the CMB-even through 100s of meltdown threads, our fan base ends up bonding together closer.

3) Stay in my room for hours with the lights turned out and away from my family members.

4) Stay away from the national sports media, as well as one of my favorite shows "Countdown with Keith Olbermann"(b/c he'll likely put Jerry/Romo/TO in his "Worst Persons" honors with Bush and O'Reilly).

6) Work more hours.

After last season, it took me a week to go with the equivalent of your suggestion #2; there were occasions during that week that #3 was the case; have sworn to #4 for about a year now; tried #6 but that back fired since I don't live in New England; and thankfully never reached the catatonic state of Falon in #7.

I watch a boatload of college basketball--of course as a UConn alum, that did not help tonight.

I get stuff done around the house--this year we have our first child on the way, so I have a ton to do.

Work my second job a little more often since I have more time (basketball official).

Make up for sleep lost over the last five+ months.

The last few years have been rough, but honestly, around Favre's second pick, I realized that while the season is over, this isn't the kick in the nuts the last few seasons have been.

I will probably not pay attention for football until Conference championship week. Maybe do some extra prep work for the draft. Watch some hockey, play some 360 and relax.

I get up early to watch Channel 7 to see Dylan Dreyer, Anne Allred and Sorboni Banerjee. That makes me happy.

Oh wait. I do that anyway! :D

I rehab my knee and bang Gisele six ways to Sunday.

Oops sorry, I thought I was Tom Brady for second.:D

I cry myself to sleep every night:(

Nah, but I just think about how fired up Brady and the Pats will be next year, and start thinking about the offseason and draft:)

I rehab my knee and bang Gisele six ways to Sunday.

Oops sorry, I thought I was Tom Brady for second.:D

:rofl:

1. I log into Patfans.com, and read through 1,000 threads about "bad drafting", "made of glass", "cant find open recievers", etc.

2. Open 24 pk of Mich, or whatever else is available.

3. Proceed to play Madden 09 for 12 hrs, and after every TD scream at the TV, "see BB, thats how its done" (keep in mind im drunk at this point and don't realize what im saying about the "almighty" ) :D

4. Re-watch "3 games to glory" 1,2,and 3.

5. Turn on Monday night football, and make fun of someone elses team, because no matter what, their team sucks much more than mine :D

I couldn't bring myself to turn to the NFL Network yesterday and any sports shows in general. I figure by the time the playoffs start on saturday all should be semi-normal again. I will be rooting for a Manning led team and the Dolphins to lose.

Remember how the Jimmy Falon character would get depressed, hibernate himself, act anti-social(especially at his g/f), etc when his Red Sox would lose?

What woman forced you to watch that drivel? I was railroaded by an old girlfriend into seeing that schmaltzy excuse for a movie in the theater, and never forgave her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes