PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Have you had less confidence in a Pats team in the last 5 years?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, 2001. Once we were starting to be in contention, I kept waiting for the Pats bubble to burst, and only after the Pats won the Superbowl was I convinced they weren't in a bubble, they really were the best. I'm not expecting much from this team, but if there's one thing BB and TB have proven time and again, the Pats are never far from the edge of greatness, one way or the other.

Yeah, right. That's the blindness and memory loss of hindsight.

Back to week 15 of the 2001 season, you likely had little hope the Pats would go anywhere. You guys like to whine about our WRs today, but you forget our 1-2-3-4-5 in 2001 were Troy Brown, David Patten, Rod Coleman, who? and who, and our TE's were Rod Rutledge and Jermaine Wiggins. You prefer that to what we have today? Pokey Smith and JR Redmond?

We are already guaranteed a better record this year than 2002. Before you complain about Mike Wright filling in for WIlfork, remember Steve martin.

Go back to Week One of 2003. We had guys predicting 0-16.

By 2004 we were all so spoiled that we cry about any loss.

This years team is one of the top ten teams ever fielded in Patriots history.

So is this one, probably. LOL:D

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/nwe1964.htm

Pro Bowlers: Tom Addison (lb), Houston Antwine (dl), Nick Buoniconti (lb), Gino Cappelletti (wr), Bob Dee (dl), Larry Eisenhauer (dl), Larry Garron (rb), Jon Morris (ol), Babe Parilli (qb).

I root for a team that has been competitive for years, won 3 Super Bowls in 4 years, and is filled with guys that are actually a pleasure to root for.

"Filled with guys that are a pleasure to root for".
:rocker: :ditto: :rocker: See the Bengals (for one) as affirmation of the above. Thank You to BB and Patriot Organization.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back