Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Where are you on the Sudfeld bus?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Let's give the kid 81 and he'll make it his own! :rocker:

Yes, I don't know why APerp is bring "honored" by having his number semi-retired. You ought to be voted into the HOF in Canton, to even be considered.

But the Pats policy is screwy with "retired" numbers. We have a genuine Patriot HOF player in Canton, who does NOT have his number retired at all, while some relative unknowns do. They may not even be good enough for selection by the Patriot's own HOF. (Do you even know who our unrecognized HOF player is?)

I myself favor zero retired numbers; but rather inclusion on a "Circle of Fame"posting in the Stadium. Along with a modification of the re-issued uniform somehow, to note that this number was previously worn by a HOF player.

I love me some Suds! There's nothing better than when UDFAs and other cast-offs become core players on a team!

That said, his arms are wicked skinny, I'd feel a lot better if he started some Judo-type training to help with his blocking, and some yoga/gymnastic stuff to heal his body as well as throw on some functional muscle.

Yes, I don't know why APerp is bring "honored" by having his number semi-retired. You ought to be voted into the HOF in Canton, to even be considered.

But the Pats policy is screwy with "retired" numbers. We have a genuine Patriot HOF player in Canton, who does NOT have his number retired at all, while some relative unknowns do. They may not even be good enough for selection by the Patriot's own HOF. (Do you even know who our unrecognized HOF player is?)

I myself favor zero retired numbers; but rather inclusion on a "Circle of Fame"posting in the Stadium. Along with a modification of the re-issued uniform somehow, to note that this number was previously worn by a HOF player.

Isn't Tippet's number unofficially retired? No-one has worn it since him. But I agree it is about time they officially retire it.

#12 should never be worn again by anyone on the Patriots.

Isn't Tippet's number unofficially retired? No-one has worn it since him. But I agree it is about time they officially retire it.

Given the relative paucity of numbers available, the NFL doesn't want teams retiring numbers except in extraordinary cases (e.g., TFB, the Chargers with Seau's 55).

my only concern is his injury history of 6 surgeries.

He has been hurt more than Ras-I was hurt.

love his talent though

ihIy8OMDlRzaL.gif

I was already on board but after the concentration he showed... I got off the bus to rip off the mirrors! There is no looking back

yes !!!
si !!!

i'm on board !

Right now I'm viewing him like a bonus 3rd round pick. However, he still has a long ways to go before we can say he'll produce at a level close to Hernandez. The same can be said for all the rookies. So far many look promising but expectations for this year should be tempered. In the case of Sudfield it definitely looks like he needs a year in the conditioning program to pick up some size.

Yup,I'm on board,hope i'm not premature....like what I see so far.Hope he's not as fragile as he has been in the past...

From LOLPats:

tumblr_mrqjc4kVKq1qclcbeo1_500.png

Really though, a 6'7 255 LB TE that runs well, has solid hands, and is close athletically to Eifert/Ertz....how the hell did Sudfeld go undrafted? Injury prone is no excuse, a player like that is worth a 5th-7th round flier.

Can't wait to see Gronk-Sud together.

Ala Arian Foster.

Re: Re: Have you boarded the Sudfeld bus yet?

I also shared your panic when he didn't get up. I really, really, really hope this kid can stay healthy. Because I think he will be something special. Aaron?......Aaron who?

I too was terribly worried.

Then I found out he stayed down to relish the moment..

Thats when I stepped on the Sudfeld bus.

He has really good hands. Caught that 2 point conversion in traffic & deflection for a TD vs TB. If anything he will get better with playing time I see no reason why he would be a liability at TE. See how he does with tom in real game situatons.

Wait, who's Sudfeld?

If only this player you speak of could gather some sufficient media attention and fan hype, we may know more about him.

I was on the bus back in May. I hadn't even seen him play yet.. but I knew then, just as I know now. Dude's gonna be awesome! :rocker:

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back