PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Have Wilson & Samuel forgotten how to tackle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

groundgame

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Their second half tackling was the worst exhibition by a Patriot's defensive backfield duo in recent memory.

Last edited:
Wilson has gotten increasingly worse over the last two years. Samuel is a very good cover corner but he drops a lot of potential int's and isn't a great tackler. He is a #2 or 3 cb. Thank goodness for Hobbs!

Chad Scott looked like crap today,more so than those 2 you mentioned..He got beat at least 3 times and was a part of that attempted failure to tackle Cotchery

PATRIOT64 said:
Chad Scott looked like crap today,more so than those 2 you mentioned..He got beat at least 3 times and was a part of that attempted failure to tackle Cotchery

You can't really blame him for that Cotchery play. He landed a big hit. It's kinda one of those freak things.

zippo59 said:
You can't really blame him for that Cotchery play. He landed a big hit. It's kinda one of those freak things.

Absolutely! If that paly happened 1000 times he would have gone down 999 times.

But, Gino's tackling was awful. He need to do some extra work on tackling.

i think both are still good tackles..Samuel taking some bad angles a lot of the times while Eugene i cant really give an opinion on today..if your talking about the Cotchery play..not his fault. I havent seen a bit hit from neither of them and Harrison aswell like we used to see. Samuel had a chance to drill someone but the guy stood on his feet out of bounds. Im giving them another week of getting ripped by BB, Peas before i really get pissed

Wilson did overrun LaTerd once but i dont recall him missing tackles. I dont know about the rest of you fat bastards that post on this site but tackling coles on that play would have been difficult for anyone in the league.

Gino looks like he's been taking lessons from Roy Williams lately... overrunning plays and going for killshots when solid, wrap-up tackling would do. He needs to pick it up in a bad way. That said, Scott was definitely worse.

I didnt see Geno having tackling problems. The thing was Geno got juked out and could barely lay a hand on Coles. Hobbs whiffed on Coles too, dont go and start signing his praises just yet.

From what I can remember seeing Wilson didnt have Coles down. It wasnt like he had contact with him and his hands on him in perfect position for the tackle. He got juked and might have barely scraped his hand on the back of Coles leg. It wasnt that he couldnt bring him down, it was that he missed the tackle and whiffed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back