Welcome to PatsFans.com

Have Wilson & Samuel forgotten how to tackle?

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by groundgame, Sep 17, 2006.

1. groundgame

groundgame Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Their second half tackling was the worst exhibition by a Patriot's defensive backfield duo in recent memory.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2006
  2. BradfordPatsFan

BradfordPatsFan In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Wilson has gotten increasingly worse over the last two years. Samuel is a very good cover corner but he drops a lot of potential int's and isn't a great tackler. He is a #2 or 3 cb. Thank goodness for Hobbs!

3. PATRIOT64

PATRIOT64 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Chad Scott looked like crap today,more so than those 2 you mentioned..He got beat at least 3 times and was a part of that attempted failure to tackle Cotchery

4. zippo59

zippo59 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

You can't really blame him for that Cotchery play. He landed a big hit. It's kinda one of those freak things.

5. PATSNUTme

PATSNUTme Paranoid Homer Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +247 / 2 / -1

#75 Jersey

Absolutely! If that paly happened 1000 times he would have gone down 999 times.

But, Gino's tackling was awful. He need to do some extra work on tackling.

6. Remix 6

Remix 6 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

i think both are still good tackles..Samuel taking some bad angles a lot of the times while Eugene i cant really give an opinion on today..if your talking about the Cotchery play..not his fault. I havent seen a bit hit from neither of them and Harrison aswell like we used to see. Samuel had a chance to drill someone but the guy stood on his feet out of bounds. Im giving them another week of getting ripped by BB, Peas before i really get pissed

7. PatsMan26

PatsMan26 Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Wilson did overrun LaTerd once but i dont recall him missing tackles. I dont know about the rest of you fat bastards that post on this site but tackling coles on that play would have been difficult for anyone in the league.

8. Richter

Richter In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Gino looks like he's been taking lessons from Roy Williams lately... overrunning plays and going for killshots when solid, wrap-up tackling would do. He needs to pick it up in a bad way. That said, Scott was definitely worse.

9. Kdo5

Kdo5 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +84 / 7 / -4

I didnt see Geno having tackling problems. The thing was Geno got juked out and could barely lay a hand on Coles. Hobbs whiffed on Coles too, dont go and start signing his praises just yet.

From what I can remember seeing Wilson didnt have Coles down. It wasnt like he had contact with him and his hands on him in perfect position for the tackle. He got juked and might have barely scraped his hand on the back of Coles leg. It wasnt that he couldnt bring him down, it was that he missed the tackle and whiffed.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2006