PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Have the Wonderlic scores been released yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
They stopped releasing Wonderlic scores after the Vince Young fiasco where he was severly embarrassed by his results.

They stopped releasing Wonderlic scores after the Vince Young fiasco where he was severly embarrassed by his results.

WTF? :confused: That's ridiculous! What's next they stop releasing 40 times for CBs? Afterall this year's crop should be pretty embarrassed.

WTF? :confused: That's ridiculous! What's next they stop releasing 40 times for CBs? Afterall this year's crop should be pretty embarrassed.

It's annoying for draftniks, but I think it's the right thing to do. Think of it this way: hundreds of young men are invited to the combine, and many will be out of football a year from now. As they head into the world to find jobs, their 10/20 splits won't matter a whit. But a public airing of a crappy IQ score could haunt them.

It's annoying for draftniks, but I think it's the right thing to do. Think of it this way: hundreds of young men are invited to the combine, and many will be out of football a year from now. As they head into the world to find jobs, their 10/20 splits won't matter a whit. But a public airing of a crappy IQ score could haunt them.

It shouldn't, because as someone astutely noted, they take the Wonderlic after they go through their workouts, which means they're not only trying to "demonstrate" their "intelligence", but they're also doing it while hopped up on adrenaline.

That said, I would do it sort of the way Jeopardy! does with their auditions--say, give the names only for the top 5 scores at each position.

Last edited:
That said, I would do it sort of the way Jeopardy! does with their auditions--say, give the names only for the top 5 scores at each position.

I like that compromise.

Thanks for the information gang, I know to stop seeking them now. :mad:"Student" athletes....sheesh

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes