PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Have fans considered the "Perfect Season" Exodus effect?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What strikes me as most curious is that the fan base of a team that never gets ahead of itself and takes it one game at a time cannot ever live remotely in the moment. The playoffs haven't started yet in the wake of a previously incomprehensible perfect regular season. And we're debating an exodus or the April draft or a cap crisis come 2010....

There is really something wrong with some of you people...:scared:

Song by Styx might apply here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntzCi1lu2ys

I expect and/or want most of the guys you listed to retire after this year. Each one of them is well beyond their peak. What's the big deal with these guys retiring? Do you not believe BB has contingency plans for everything?

If I had to put money down one way or the other I'd bet that Seau stays for another year regardless of this season's outcome.

Junior's energy and overall play are up. If he is having fun I can see him hanging around longer. In fact, out of Bruschi, Harrison and Seau I'd say Seau is the least likely to go with Harrison (who is also playing better than last year) being nearly as unlikely to go. Tedy seems most likely but that is not to say I think it will happen. If I was him I'd have my health concerns.

I hope we can keep most of those for a couple more years! This is too fun! But nerve-wracking also.

I hope we come out on all cylinders in two weeks!!!

Count me in the group who doesn't think our record for the rest of the season impact who retires. I think most of them, barring unforeseen injuries, probably have a pretty good idea a year out.

I always find it curious that Bruschi and Harrison are often mentioned as possible retirees, as if they are both likely to retire (and more or less equally so). I see no way Bruschi returns, but I see Harrison as 90% likely to return.

Agree. Harrison's playing like a beast, and he lives for this. If he's healthy, he's here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes