Welcome to PatsFans.com

Have any of you used this website?

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by sebman2112, Feb 1, 2008.

1. sebman2112

sebman2112 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

The site in question is SpiralFrog.com. It's a free music download site, that's also (from what I understand) legal.

They allow you to download music using their download manager plugin (uses active X controls). The files come in WMA format (DRM protected), and you cannot burn them to disk. Before signing up I checked them out on Wiki, and everything seems legit, although Wiki articles aren't always factual...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spiralfrog

I signed up (They didn't ask for my credit card or anything), and scanned their setup file for viruses before installing it. So far I've downloaded three CD's that play fine.

Anyway, have any of you used this site, and have you had any problems? I generally buy my CD's, so I'm not entirely used to this type of site. Also, is there a better site offering the same free downloads?
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2008
  2. weswelker#83

weswelker#83 Rookie

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

No , thanks .

/ i dislike DRM.
  3. sebman2112

sebman2112 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Yea, I'm not really a fan of DRM either, but I don't know of any sites that will allow you to legally download free music without it's being protected by DRM? Heck, some of the pay sites out there use DRM.
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2008
  4. weswelker#83

weswelker#83 Rookie

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

5. sebman2112

sebman2112 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

That seeqpod site seems legit, but their content is limited, and I don't think they have many complete albums.

How do I know mp3grabber is legal? That page is just a search engine, and gives zero legal information. Really, it seems more likely to be an illegal service. Also, I'm not sure you can find entire albums on this site either. I know I found little over a handful of Megadeth tunes.

I didn't really bother doing any searches on "songerize" as in the left hand corner it said "powered by seeqpod", so it's probably safe to say their content is about the same...limited.
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2008
  6. Mitch OCastic

Mitch OCastic Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

no i have not