PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

hats off to Garrard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: hats of to Garrard

I thought he was very impressive. Very clutch and cool.

I thought he played great too. HE put the ball right on the money a few times, and he also put it right in his WR hands on the goaline, a millisecond before Merriweather buried him on a blitz. Luckily the WR didn't come up with the catch, but if you look at the replay, the ball was right there.

Jacksonville did EVERYTHING they wanted in this game, they had long sustained drives, they took Randy Moss out of the game, they didn't give up any big bombs, and yet they still lost by 11 points. Thats how good this Patriots team is....................

Again, I'll agree. Actually the whole Jag team impressed me, and have made a somewhat fan out of me. I'll keep track of them next season and hope they take over the AFC South. Good team, seems to be heading in a good direction

Absolutely. I would love to see Indy as the Wild Card team, having to win on the road in the playoffs. We know Brady and company can do it (7-2) when they have to. What's Manning's record on the road in the playoffs???(2-5?)

Echo!
Hats off to the whole Jags team!
Just like the year(2003 or 2004,I forgot) when the Titans gave us a good game,I think this preps the Pats well for next week!

Good disciplined team. I'm not about to crown them though. Our secondary this year, whether it be by design or not, has made some very average QB's look better than they are for most of the game. Garard is a good QB, but consider

Boller
Feely
Manning
Pennington

I was thinking the same thing. If Belichick is keying in on something other than the passing game, a QB will be able to have some success. Why did Joe Addai have a great day against NE? Because Belichick took away the passing game.

I was thinking the same thing. If Belichick is keying in on something other than the passing game, a QB will be able to have some success. Why did Joe Addai have a great day against NE? Because Belichick took away the passing game.

Great point. I think it explains much of the Philly game, too.

Garrard played great. I wasn't expecting that. Hats of to Jack Del Rio on making that QB switch. It's going to pay off huge in the coming seasons.

If you look at Manning's number form that day, they look impressive. Take out Addai's long flukish catch and run before the half and his number were a pedestrian 15-26 152......

Last edited:

The dude made the throws of his life last night...esp. that first TD. That was sick. I don't think Tom Brady makes that throw.

Can we have Garrard in the "Classy Bowl"? :)

I really like his attitude and ability. He is emerging as one of the TOP 6 Qbs in the league. I think Jacksonville will be the 3rd best team in the AFC for a few years...

sorry Jaguar fans, the Jags are good...just not in Colts/Pats company

true, if he had better WRs game would have been very close.

Agreed, he played really well. He made some really good throws and bought some time with his movement.

The jags are not for away from being a great team if they keep improving.

I think Garrard really made a name for himself last night (and probably made some money for himself down the line too!).

The Pats seemed to focus on shutting down the run and dared Garrard to beat them and he almost pulled it out. He was great in the first half (fumble aside). If it wasn't for a few key drops he would have gone toe-to-toe with Brady.

Still, I think we'll need to see what happens if and when defenses specifically start gameplanning to stop him. Right now I think a bit of his success is that he's feasting on teams who are focusing on stopping the run.

Real good QB though. And real nice guy it seems.

Gerrard is good,the Jags are improving every year.....tougher to beat.They may take over from the Colts if that continues...

Although the play might have got overturned should BB have thrown the flag it was a quality throw from Garrard falling down for their TD. I think he's very aware and as we've seen, a pretty good arm.

If he can continue to improve who knows..

Although the play might have got overturned should BB have thrown the flag it was a quality throw from Garrard falling down for their TD. I think he's very aware and as we've seen, a pretty good arm.

I don't think there was enough evidence to overturn it. That was a spectacular play...I think the zebras would have given it to him anyway.

Plus, it was the opening drive. Why not save the challenge/time-out for later? Discretion was the better part of valor.

Where do I send my check for my dues to the David Garrard fan club?

That guy is for REAL. He truly opened my eyes last night. What poise.

We Pats fans are spoiled, but it's been a long time since we've seen an opposing QB other than Peyton Manning whom we could say "he has all the tools AND brains".

We Pats fans are spoiled, but it's been a long time since we've seen anyone other than Peyton Manning whom we could say "he is a tool".

Fixed it for ya! ;) :D

i forgot the jag WR, but he dropped a garrard pass at the goal line in 2nd half. garrard was under blitz pressure and held onto the last second, threaded the needle through double coverage and hit the WR in the hands. guy flat out dropped it as he got caught looking up to see where the safety was. best throw by either QB all night, in my opinion. and do it under that kind of pressure was very impressive. good thing WR dropped it as TD there would have made it closer. next play jags had to settel for FG

Last edited:
I wasn't sold on Garrard, but he played very well in a big game on the road and in frosty weather. He is unflappable.

I am a fan of his now. I hope last night was a big step in his development in his role as a starting QB.

Where do I send my check for my dues to the David Garrard fan club?

That guy is for REAL. He truly opened my eyes last night. What poise.

We Pats fans are spoiled, but it's been a long time since we've seen an opposing QB other than Peyton Manning whom we could say "he has all the tools AND brains".

I appreciate all the kind words about my boy Garrard. He did play very well and stood toe to toe with Brady for a while, but when you have a bunch of recievers like Dennis Dropcutt and Matt Jones you can only hang around so long with the best QB in the league. Ya'll played a great game and were just the better team. I just hope the Jags follow your lead and get Garrard some weapons next season and then we can see how good he can be.

I don't think there was enough evidence to overturn it. That was a spectacular play...I think the zebras would have given it to him anyway.

Plus, it was the opening drive. Why not save the challenge/time-out for later? Discretion was the better part of valor.

True, it was pretty tight though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing