PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

hats off to Garrard

Status
Not open for further replies.

justinb

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
I really like his attitude and ability. He is emerging as one of the TOP 6 Qbs in the league. I think Jacksonville will be the 3rd best team in the AFC for a few years...

sorry Jaguar fans, the Jags are good...just not in Colts/Pats company

Re: hats of to Garrard

I agree. second time i got to really watch him play, and this guy scares me a little. He will be a good QB in the league....Great? We'll have to wait and see.

Yep...all week the assumption was made about Gerrard that he couldnt beat you, it would be their RBs. What I saw today was a guy with great ability thats underrated because, like Brady, he's great at reading defenses and takes what you give him...never really forces anything.

Totally agree, also Jack Del Rio had great game plans on both sides of the ball. He really surprised me, if Northcutt wasn't a chicken **** then they might have a had a better chance.

In end too much Brady...

Fellers,

I also agree. The guy is hands and away a good QB and will only get better with practice and time. Del Rio made a smart move in ditching Leftwich for Gerrard.

Again, I'll agree. Actually the whole Jag team impressed me, and have made a somewhat fan out of me. I'll keep track of them next season and hope they take over the AFC South. Good team, seems to be heading in a good direction

I think Garrard could be top 4 very soon. This guy is terrific. We figured all we had to do was stop the running game. He killed us for a while. There are two guys that I know for sure that are better than Garrard. Brady and Manning. I think that Garrard is better than Romo. I have seen recently how Romo does without TO. He is mediocre. Garrard has good running backs but thats really it. He is a really good QB. I have newfound respect for him.

garrard was pretty awesome.

If they improve in the offseason good luck to old Manning and the Colts having to play them 2 (or 3) times next year.

If the rumors of Chad Johnson getting out of Indy are true and he somehow ends up on Jacksonville, holy cow...

Jacksonville plays hard, doesn't seem to have a lot of idiots and plays generally mistake-free football. There's a lot there that makes me wonder if they are the next big rival for our guys. Especially if Dungy and Harrison are on their way out in Indy.

Garrard played a whale of a game and has nothing to be ashamed of. Ditto to most of the jags, 'though not Spicer, who got gashed by Maroney several times this evening. Hey Paul - "ha ha and **** off."

Garrard is a good one. I have a lot of respect for him after the game as well as for the Jags and their coaching on both sides of the ball. Good team against a better one. They battled the whole game.

amazingly, Del Rio chose to go with the other guy out of training camp

amazingly, Del Rio chose to go with the other guy out of training camp

They cut Leftwich before the start of the regular season. What more do you want from Del Rio? He was obviously taking his time in making the decision.

If you have ever seen the story about Garrad and his battle with Crohns disease you will see what a down to earth guy he is which is refreshing. I look forward to watching him play for many years to come, looks like Del Rio made the right choice.

Jags played a helluva game, it may not have been the closest game we have had score wise but it was the technically the cleanest game I have seen another team play against us all year. They didn't make many mistakes and played great on offense.

On defense, they did the only thing any team can do against the Pats offense, they slowed them down, avoided big plays and made the Pats methodically march down the field. Considering they were up against the greatest offense of all time, you can't ask for much more than that.

Considering they were up against the greatest offense of all time, you can't ask for much more than that.
Reggie Nelson was not impressed.

Reggie Nelson was not impressed.

Ahh well can't please everyone right? He can buy tickets to the circus if he wants to see a better show.

i have to agree; he playied very well

compliments from my side too

I'm liking this guy, so add my props to him, the coaching staff, and the rest of the team. Glad they're not in our division.

Bunch of flipping huge guys!

Good disciplined team. I'm not about to crown them though. Our secondary this year, whether it be by design or not, has made some very average QB's look better than they are for most of the game. Garard is a good QB, but consider

Boller
Feely
Manning
Pennington

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill