PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hats off & condolences to Ravens on a great game, great year

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no such thing as a tie in the playoffs, but that was about as close as you can get. One team needs to move on, and by inches, it was the Patriots.

These were the two best teams in the AFC, and they played like it. Stiff upper lip, Ravens fans. Your team did everything today but advance. Both teams were worthy of representing the AFC in the Super Bowl. One extra play, and it was us. The Patriots lost an AFCCG a few years ago, by having a series of plays going just barely the wrong way down the stretch.

Sucks, but that's football I guess.

Wow. The Ravens are some team...I really underestimated them. The Ravens and their fans have a lot to be proud of. Congrats on a great season.

Nice thread. They played hard today, and had a great season.

Baltimore is one strong, tough, well coached (except for that sideline altercation at the end) team. We had some tenacious play by our D (thank you Sterling Moore!) but we are damn lucky right now. I'm sure BB will use it to his full advantage over the next 2 weeks in getting them ready.

Damn, we always seem to play these kinds of games with them!

Aside from the playoff game two years ago, that is.

Ugly, grinding, physical, nail-biting, seat-squirming contests that go down to the wire. And we find a way to win.

The Ravens must really hate us now. :cool:

I do feel bad for Cundiff, though.

But not in a million years for Benard $#!@! Pollard.

Im a Ravens fan. Good game fellas and good luck in the Super Bowl. That was a tough loss and a hard fought game. P.S. I hope Gronk is OK

Flacco proved that he is a legit NFL QB. He made some excellent throws into very good coverage. His one really bad play was the throw to Spikes. But then TFB gave it right back.

Congrats to you and your team. It is tough when I think of all the opportunities (Smith wide open and overthrown, Leach wide open near the goal line and not thrown to him, Evans with the ball in his hands... atleast a fg for OT) but I know the Pats missed some opportunities too.

Unfortunately our team is not getting any better and Ray and/or Reed might be gone.

Congrats.

Hey, BFNT, my best wishes to you, I82Much and Dscola.

We've been in those situations before here that you are in tonight. It stinks. I still rememebr the AFCCG in 2006 and SB42 (hell, the 1976 playoffs).

You're franchise is in good hands. Bisciotti is only the second decent owner in the Balto-DC area (the guy who owns the Caps/Wizards is the other).

The future is bright when your team has a good owner, and you've got one.

Really? How many audibles did Flacco call compared to Brady?

I could go on.

But You morons show up and make it too easy!

Don't take the bad acid, dude. You're hallucinating.

Brady was way outplayed by Flacco tonight. His decsion-making was bizarre to say the least. To his credit, he knew it.

Did you NOT hear his acceptance remarks to Jim Nantz?

Last edited:
I really hope we face them again in the playoffs next season, some of our games in the last few years have been serious nail biters and great football games.
I really feel for Ravens fans, tough break their team really gave their all.

IT was fun having the Ravens fans here this week.

I was expecting an easy game and had predicted Patriots 26 Ravens 16. and if the Patriots offense hadn’t faltered in the 1st and we got up by 10 I think we were just a series away from Flacco being pulled and a potential blow out. Then this turned into an awesome game. Bravo to the Ravens for a great game. This was as close as a game can pretty much be.

Last edited:
Flacco played great but in no way will I say Brady choked. He was the first to say in his post game comments on the field that he sucked today but having an Un-Bradylike performance is a lot different than choking. Still threw for 239 and had two tough runs at the goal line and took quite a shot in the back on the dive over the top. He missed a few throws, his receivers dropped a few, he tossed a couple of picks but I wouldn't say he choked. The good news is that in the next game after a bad performance, Brady usually has a great game.

Last edited:
Appreciate all the kudos from the posters here (well, most of them anyway). It was a rough loss with a gut-wrenching ending for us, but other than a victory, you can't ask for much more than watching 2 great teams battle to the bitter end.

As I posted in my own forum, 80% of the fans in the NFL are just happy if their team makes the playoffs. SB or no SB, rooting for the Ravens is a joy.

Good luck to you all in 2 weeks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill