PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hating on Boomer Esiason

Status
Not open for further replies.
I try and catch up with some work online before the games. I put on the NFL Network until noon, and then switch it over to the CBS pre-game show. I don't really watch it, just have it on in the background while I work, and check in on this board. It's sort of an alarm clock that let's me know when it's getting on game time, etc. If I happen to hear something interesting, i can check it out. otherwise, it's pretty much just background noise.

It doesn't matter (Esiason, for the record). The crowd wants its pound of flesh.

The crowd does. I honestly went through the thread and at first thought we were talking Esiason, who I have respect for, and then thought we were talking Berman (none). Only after I accidentally stumbled upon a textbook example of Merril Hoge having a job he is incapable of performing did I decide to comment.

The actual opinions of these fellas means little to nothing to me, and they are entitled. I am only bothered by the fact that many of these former players are dubbed experts while showing zero acumen and doing next to no prep work. I would not lump Esiason in with that crowd, however. He was a clever player, and is a decent enough broadcaster.

Agreed, but you usually have it on before the game. The spygate remark was classless, and I rarely care about that stuff.

I don't honestly get how Esiason gets so many jobs. He's just a really dull guy who brings nothing to the table.

No I don't watch any pre game from any network. I might tune in to NFL network after a Patriots win because Michael Irvin and Deion both crack me up. But all these other pre game or post game shows? Basura and waste of time.

No I don't watch any pre game from any network. I might tune in to NFL network after a Patriots win because Michael Irvin and Deion both crack me up. But all these other pre game or post game shows? Basura and waste of time.

Again, agreed. I just mean I turn it on so I don't miss the beginning of the game. Then once in a awhile, you see something that gets your attention. (And then you regret watching.)

All praise for Pats and BB by the pre game crew and he brings up Spygate as a scar on BB'a HOF career. Jack*ss.

Would like to stick a boomer in Boomer where the sun don't shine.

hes not the only one. ive heard the S word quit a bit in the last 24 hours. the hate is starting to bubble to the surface

hes not the only one. ive heard the S word quit a bit in the last 24 hours. the hate is starting to bubble to the surface
It will continue to surface until the Pats are eliminated. The largest fallacy in sports is that it will go away with one more SB win. Where the hell that idiotic idea came from, I'll never know. On the contrary, the more success you have, the more the haters will bring it up.

Haters gonna hate. It's the same jealousy that defines the whole faux "income inequality" meme. Lisa Kennedy defined the latter well in one of her tweets that said
"Inequality is a false notion propagated by those who are made to feel guilty for what they have by those who are jealous for what they don't"

Well, that's exactly why you hear some folks using that whole "spygate' cr@p. They latch onto it because it's a way of trying to make Patriots fans and Patriots players, FO, etc, feel guilty for having earned something that those others don't have. Because they DON'T have a ring, a Lombardi, etc, they figure that the ones who DO have one must somehow have cheated to get it. they must have some unfair advantage, etc.

Well, to heck with them. To heck with Esiason. Especially to heck with the mediot hacks who keep bringing it up in order to gain cheap website hits and stir the pot with their innuendo.

Okay /rant off.

But yeah. What reflexblue said. :D

The spygate situation was in 2007, I don't understand why people can't let this go. The Saints did something far worse and won a SB doing it but nobody seems to think their title is tainted. The haters and the media are obsessed with spygate and refuse to stop bringing it up because it's the only thing they have on the Patriots.

I've always felt Boomer was a Patriots admirer for a long time ...

I still think that ... the man was speaking the truth ... it is a scar of perception ... so what.

I say now what I've said for a long time ... some here are too thin of skin.

We bump heads, but, I totally agree with this statement.

I've always felt Boomer was a Patriots admirer for a long time ...

I still think that ... the man was speaking the truth ... it is a scar of perception ... so what.

I say now what I've said for a long time ... some here are too thin of skin.
He didn't say its a scar of perception. He's not speaking about the public's perception he's talking about his own. I can understand how some uninformed folks might think its a big deal, I can even understand how some informed folks might want to make it a big deal. Boomer gets paid for expert analysis, not for childish cheap shots... We can get those everywhere.

And I don't recall Boomer ever admiring the Patriots. Like most of the has been players he's always been jealous whenever the Patriots and Brady put his middling career to shame. He's got his excuse why he wasn't as good as Brady. Instead of being a mediocre has been he's now a jealous mediocre has been. He can get together with Marshall Faulk and cry about it- preferably not on TV while being paid for expert analysis.

And I don't recall Boomer ever admiring the Patriots. Like most of the has been players he's always been jealous whenever the Patriots and Brady put his middling career to shame.

Oh please.

Yeah -- he was so jealous that when Marino was waxing poetically about Manning some years ago, Esiason made a wonderful crack about how Manning had the stats but Brady had all the rings "just like you Dan" (or something to that effect) and got the death stare from Marino.

Or all the Monday appearances on WEEI over the years where he's praised NE over and over again.

Or, or or...

I believe Esiason's comment was that PayaTon Manning will be known as the Dan Marino
of this generation, whereas Tom Brady will be the Joe Montana of it.

I thought the comment was kind of snarky and uncalled for, particularly in the moment when others were praising the team---but whatever. If we're not used to it by now, we're never going to be.

It sure would be nice to win 2 more games and take a rest from all of this nonsense. The thing Boomer and others don't bring up is that we've still been the most winning team post-Spygate, but of course they'd somehow point to the two 3 or 4 point losses (forgetting that the first three were by the same amount) in the SB and say "see---I told you so," thinking that they actually have a valid point.

Unfortunately we had a bit more luck in other SB's than the last two, but sometimes that's just the way it goes.

6a00d83451b84f69e2017eeb34afa1970d-pi

It's time for Chris Berman to retire....actually, the time has long since passed.

I am so sick of hearing that guy's idiotic nick-names and his awful gravelly voice. Same goes for Tom Jackson.

All praise for Pats and BB by the pre game crew and he brings up Spygate as a scar on BB'a HOF career. Jack*ss.

Would like to stick a boomer in Boomer where the sun don't shine.

Rabbit ears.

Boomer should just go home and polish his Super Bowl rings....oh wait....never mind.

:der:

I did a double take when I heard about the comments because Boomer effusively praised BB and Brady in every interview I've heard. He picks them to win in every game and often sounds like a borderline fan. Condemn him for bringing up Spygate in one thing but insisting that Boomer has always been a BB/Pats hater simply isn't true.

The spygate nonsense sadly isn't going away, we should not give it more credence than its worth by being thin skinned at its mere mention.

I did a double take when I heard about the comments because Boomer effusively praised BB and Brady in every interview I've heard. He picks them to win in every game and often sounds like a borderline fan. Condemn him for bringing up Spygate in one thing but insisting that Boomer has always been a BB/Pats hater simply isn't true.

The spygate nonsense sadly isn't going away, we should not give it more credence than its worth by being thin skinned at its mere mention.

Agreed. Like I said we heard all this stuff the last time the Pats were in the SB and we're starting to hear it again. That's the way it is unfortunately, at least as long as BB is here.

This is the sort of Godawful thread that belongs on JI. Between people who didn't know the story commenting as if they did (Going off on Berman, really?), and the silliness of the shots at Esiason, it would fit right in over there.

yeah...I jumped the gun and took a swipe at Burpman. Don't let it haunt your sleep apnea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back