PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

"Hate Tom Brady and the Pats all you want, but they're not going anywhere"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great guess and that would be a great opener. There is another more remote possibility - Pats open the season again Thursday night in Denver. If Manning really does retire, this game might not have as much appeal in November as it usually does. This assumes Denver beats Carolina, of course.
they will want denver/pats in november for mid season ratings. I think Pats at ARZ or maybe pats at SF, which has a slightly lesser chance.
I hope kraft doesnt have some stupid ice hockey games costing us a home game to end the season this yr and playing 2 road division games instead.

Great guess and that would be a great opener. There is another more remote possibility - Pats open the season again Thursday night in Denver. If Manning really does retire, this game might not have as much appeal in November as it usually does. This assumes Denver beats Carolina, of course.

Denver isn't beating Carolina.

And I would be all for going into Arizona to start the season, it means we have weeks to prepare for one of the toughest games on our schedule, and there's no time crunch to fit the long road trip out there.

Hate to be that guy, but Brady is going to be 39 and just took the worst beating of his career this year. If they don't do something about his pass protection, he'll be going somewhere soon... and that's to IR.

I think I've been more upset about the sheer incompetence that took place in protection than I was about actually losing the game..

Still so frustrated by it... you're up against a ferocious pass rush that is absolutely murdering Brady and making the offensive line look like Highschool players.. yet they insist on continuing to pass the ball nearly every single play with the tackles in 1 on 1 situations against the same pass rushers they had been losing to all game long. ..

Wtf? No adjustments? No moving the pocket like they did against the Panthers in their 2nd SB to keep them off their mark? No RBs or TEs chipping the DEs before starting their routes to buy Tom another 0.5 seconds?

Nope. They just sat there and watched their 38 year old legendary QB get violently assaulted all game long and changed NOTHING.. with the same results for all 4 quarters.

I'd be so pissed if I was Brady... at the offensive line, but more so at the inept coaching

I think I've been more upset about the sheer incompetence that took place in protection than I was about actually losing the game..

Still so frustrated by it... you're up against a ferocious pass rush that is absolutely murdering Brady and making the offensive line look like Highschool players.. yet they insist on continuing to pass the ball nearly every single play with the tackles in 1 on 1 situations against the same pass rushers they had been losing to all game long. ..

Wtf? No adjustments? No moving the pocket like they did against the Panthers in their 2nd SB to keep them off their mark? No RBs or TEs chipping the DEs before starting their routes to buy Tom another 0.5 seconds?

Nope. They just sat there and watched their 38 year old legendary QB get violently assaulted all game long and changed NOTHING.. with the same results for all 4 quarters.

I'd be so pissed if I was Brady... at the offensive line, but more so at the inept coaching

Denver's three techs were collapsing the pocket too. There was literally nowhere to move Brady. The worst part is they were doing that rushing 3-4 guys while the Pats at times employed max protection and still couldn't block to save their lives. There was nothing they could adjust to and it wasn't like they were killing it opening up holes in the running game either.

We have no control over the scheduling. Do you remember when Denver play @ New England for 3 seasons in a row? It's now our turn to play there 3 seasons in a row! The demon has to eventually get exercised!

Unless we have major injuries again, I expect we will win in Denver next year.

Denver's three techs were collapsing the pocket too. There was literally nowhere to move Brady. The worst part is they were doing that rushing 3-4 guys while the Pats at times employed max protection and still couldn't block to save their lives. There was nothing they could adjust to and it wasn't like they were killing it opening up holes in the running game either.

I was actually surprised at how much we tried to run, and happy we tried it--unfortunately, we got nowhere with it. Getting some 5-10 yard pops would have really changed the make up of this game.

Next season we will have a tougher schedule, might be difficult to get the #1 seed. Outside of our division we play.

Broncos
Cardinals
Seahawks
Bengals
Steelers
Rams
Ravens
Texans
49ners
Browns

Luckily everyone else in our division will have to play those same teams aside from the Texans and Broncos

Feeling down after a loss is in the big game is understandable. Lashing out initially is also understandable. But it has been three days now. Visceral, emotional -- even stupidity -- is now less and less understandable. The worst thing the Patriots could do (and they won't) is make wholesale changes. As the article points out correctly, most of the pieces are in place. They were actually in place last Sunday too. We got beat because our Tackles were made into turnstiles of epic proportion. If Denver had, Arizona had, Carolina had or will play OL like that? They will lose. Sucks but there it is.....we aren't in the SB because of the OL.

It looks obvious to me Brady has a few years left in him. He is a young 38 as I see it. But prudence suggests JAG be brought along. But get that OL in F'n order!! We take this team into next year's playoffs with a better OL? We should all really like our chances....

And that, dear folks, is what got the OL coach fired.

Schedule's tougher next year. This team needs to avoid injuries . Donkeys have been more healthier all year. I think bill has gotten a pass on how he played that miami game. HFA matters in the end. They could use OL, RB and WR help. Plz no more safeties
Unfortunately, avoiding injuries is not something you plan on during a season. It implies you can steer clear of them which in the NFL you can't. Look at how Lewis, Edelman and Amendola all got injured this season, non-contact injuries. Hits create injuries and since the NFL is about getting hit, those are tough to avoid. When you look at Denver and Carolina, they were very fortunate to escape the significant injury bug this season placing only 15 players combined on IR versus the Pats 19 alone! Sometimes it is just the way the ball bounces.

I just hope we don't open on Thursday in Denver :mad:
I hope denver doesnt open on thursday. Unfortunately it seems like their year

Becoming? You're a glass half full kinda guy, eh?

The sad reality is that America isn't any different than the rest of the world in this regard. A little time with the bottom half of Europe's soccer fandom will cause anyone to see even the Jets fanbase through a different lens.

Denver's schedule next year is easier than ours. I think we are going to have to beat them at Mile High to have any chance of clinching the 1 seed next year as that tiebreaker will. Some of the road games next season are pretty brutal and we are going to be playing the Seahawks and Bengals, but having said that, I like our chances at home against anybody.

I hate the thought of having to play in Denver again though with that altitude factor and their loud fans. It really is a real HFA and one of the toughest, if not the toughest place to play for visiting teams in the league. TB12 very rarely looks like TB12 when he plays there. The only other stadiums I can think of that rivals it are Arrowhead, Lambeau Field and Centurylink Field.

Historically and in the Brady/Belichick era @Denver @Miami games have been and are always very tough games for us, regardless of who is coaching and playing for those teams. Brady is 2-7 in Denver and 6-8 in Miami so I am hoping those records will improve in the near future. I will be honest though, I wish we never have to play in Denver EVER again. There is nothing but bad memories from playing there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back