PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

"Hate Tom Brady and the Pats all you want, but they're not going anywhere"

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctpatsfan77

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Hate Tom Brady and the Pats all you want, but they're not going anywhere - CBSSports.com

The New England Patriots do not have a Super Bowl window. When you've been to a decade's worth of AFC Championship Games with Tom Brady and Bill Belichick already, and the rest of the teams in your division perennially struggle to reach .500, and you have no free-agent concerns and literally your entire roster under contract for 2016 (most at a bargain), windows do not apply.

A portal, perhaps. Or a specious veranda. Maybe a large, ornate garage door.

But a window? Uh, no way.

I agree. The roster is in great shape going into free agency and the draft. It is one of the best I can remember going into the off-season. Only starter I can think of that isn't signed is Blount. Miguel mentioned 5 moves they can make to free up 20 million in his article below.

Patriots Salary Cap

Nice article.

Not to be picky but Akiem Hicks was not acquired as a waiver claim.
We traded the legendary Michael Hoomanawanui to obtain him.

Nice article.

Not to be picky but Akiem Hicks was not acquired as a waiver claim.
We traded the legendary Michael Hoomanawanui to obtain him.

Some here (not me) would argue that it's the same thing. :p

The comments below that article are hilarious. America is truly becoming a massive derp-fest.

Schedule's tougher next year. This team needs to avoid injuries . Donkeys have been more healthier all year. I think bill has gotten a pass on how he played that miami game. HFA matters in the end. They could use OL, RB and WR help. Plz no more safeties

It was tough in 2007, too.

True but we need depth in certain areas if injuries occur again.

I think some teams in our schedule will be much improved. I am sick and tired of our team going to denver.

I think some teams in our schedule will be much improved. I am sick and tired of our team going to denver.
We have no control over the scheduling. Do you remember when Denver play @ New England for 3 seasons in a row? It's now our turn to play there 3 seasons in a row! The demon has to eventually get exercised!

La Canfora nails what so many Patriot fans fail to see, the Patriots are on their way up right now and as much as losing a big game sucks it's the price we pay for always being in them, and there are going to be more of them coming in the near future. They enter this offseason in a position of serious strength and I'm looking forward to seeing how they approach that? Having their first round pick stolen from them sucks but this is about as good a year to be in that situation as there could be. The team is loaded with young players and there isn't an old unit on the team. If anything they could use a few veterans to push young guys and add insurance for injury. Akiem Hicks is their top free agent concern and they have plenty of ways to free up money as they need it. On the other hand many of their opposing contenders are looking at serious problems, most notably the Broncos who will have to pay a marginal QB significant money to keep him, have their entire starting LB group entering free agency, and have the same issue with their RBs. And as LA Canfora pointed out the other contenders have their own share of problems. Belichick has always been motivated for upgrades after big losses and this off season won't be much different. I think he self scouts as well as anyone and will have a plan to get significantly better in place in short time. This isn't too suggest they don't have questions and needs. as they clearly do, they are just in great shape to address them.

We have no control over the scheduling. Do you remember when Denver play @ New England for 3 seasons in a row? It's now our turn to play there 3 seasons in a row! The demon has to eventually get exercised!

Yeah, like the Giants one was this year.

The reason the Pats lost the Denver game was the insane decisions to play off coverage on 3rd and long on that first drive. The second one too. Yes the schedule was tough in '07 but this feels different. How many 3rd and forevers did the Patriots give up this season? That first Jets game was a nightmare. The Philly game too. These weren't top flight QBs either and what they are facing next year rivals the '14 schedule.

The reason they gave up so many 3rd and super longs was the inability of a) the rush to get there and b) almost zero ball hawking skills. A team is more likely to throw it deep if they aren't concerned with a pick. This is something that actually lost them several games this year that hasn't really been discussed. It's a massive Achilles heel.

Denver won't be in the playoffs next year.

Hate to be that guy, but Brady is going to be 39 and just took the worst beating of his career this year. If they don't do something about his pass protection, he'll be going somewhere soon... and that's to IR.

Also our division is going to be worse next season. The Jets secondary will have an older Cromartie and Revis, and they are going to lose pieces on the defensive line. The Dolphins don't know what they're doing, and the Bills are kind of a joke.

Pats will open at Arizona I think on SNF.

Pats will open at Arizona I think on SNF.

Great guess and that would be a great opener. There is another more remote possibility - Pats open the season again Thursday night in Denver. If Manning really does retire, this game might not have as much appeal in November as it usually does. This assumes Denver beats Carolina, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes