PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hate to say it-but it's time to deal Ells

Run DMC

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
We've got him locked up for 1.5 more years. Boras is going to try and get better than CC money for him, 7/140. It's time to trade him for a stud pitcher. We simply don't need him at this point with the commitment to Crawful and the great play of Ross and Nava. Kalish is also now in the mix. As much as I love Ells, I don't think he's happy with Beantown and he will be gone anyway.
Thoughts?

the only way you can trade him and maybe get something close to equal value in return is to wait till the off season. you cant get anything for him now while hes on the dl. and hes got to come back and show he can play at a high level. with the trading dead line at the end of july there isnt enough time to show that this year. i think the sox end up not trading him and get the compensation draft picks when a class A free agent leaves like ellsbury. other teams know about boras and how he operates. that will scare off teams. ells getting hurt really screwed up the redsox if they had any thoughts of trading him.

This guy has been injured just about 1/2 of the time in the past three years, as much as I like him.. do not need guys who cannot play.

Trade him either now or right after the season, he is a West Coast guy..

This guy has been injured just about 1/2 of the time in the past three years, as much as I like him.. do not need guys who cannot play.

Trade him either now or right after the season, he is a West Coast guy..

Im all for trading him because I think hes gone when his contract is done but trading him now is selling at his lowest value, you wait til he comes back this year and hopefully rakes then trade him in the off season for a stud starting pitcher.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back