Welcome to PatsFans.com

Hate Crime Hypocrisy

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Turd Furguson, Apr 26, 2006.

1. Turd Furguson

Turd Furguson Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

If this were a white on black thing, does anyone doubt that it would be all over the news with Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton leading the charge shaking down the MGM Grand for all they're worth?

http://www.klas-tv.com/Global/story.asp?S=4819138
  2. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +169 / 4 / -4

I doubt it. I'm not sure what percentage of hate crimes actually get the kind of attention you're talking about, but it's a tiny percent. I personally know people who have been victims of hate crimes against gays, but never saw a word about those crimes on tv or in the newspapers. I assume the number of white on black hate crimes is far higher than the occasional story would suggest, and I also assume the same is true for black on white hate crimes. This story will get legs if people like David Duke or similar celebrities get involved.
  3. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

There is not such a distinct thing as a "hate crime" in the real world. I'm aware there's a legal definition brought about by modern special interests, but those definitions are self-serving and bogus. Most crime is done out of desperation, socialization, or plain stupidity. Looks like these losers have all three going. I'm sure the "Department of Corrections" (one of my favorite euphemistic misnomers) prison is going to correct these traits.