Welcome to PatsFans.com

Hate Being Mean but What's Wrong with this Picture ?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by BelichickFan, Jul 19, 2008.

1. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +438 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

They can't buy enough food but they could each lose 50 pounds and still be overweight.

The lady on the right is "disabled" - I'd like to know the disability, she looks like she can walk without assistance.

The 40 year old is getting Social Security ? Is this because of the "disability" ? How does someone who's "never worked" get Social Security ? And at 40 years old ?

Honestly, I want the best for all Americans but stories like this just make me wonder. I don't get it.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=92592545
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2008
  2. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +438 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

I'm starting to think I might be in favor of a government work program for picking up trash, etc, where people like this can get a very modest income from the government but only for an actual 40 hours of work. I really do want everyone to be able to sustain themselves but not by getting social security to sit at home at 40 years old.
  3. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0

wow... that is mean. :D

Let me ramp it up a notch....... :eek:

Perhaps being poor will help them out a bit, Perhaps they could use about 6-8 months of abject poverty. The perhaps their hungry emaciated forms would be "less" disabled.

Wow, I'm terrible............ I can't believe I just said that. Must be cuz I'm conservative.
  4. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +72 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

Whats wrong? like i've stated in the past there should be a law against fa.. big boned people waring spandex or anything tight in public. :singing:
  5. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +150 / 31 / -3

#75 Jersey

Go by any Bus Stop, and see how many people are on cell phones.

I have yet to kick in the door of a trailer, that DID NOT have a Big Screen TV in it.

America has no poor, the people who mooch off the government live better here, than the middle class of most other nations.

People are poor, because they have been conditioned and groomed by the government to be so. Think about it, you work, because your father worked, and that is all you know what to do. If you were raised by a single mother on welfare, and the more bastards she hadf, the more money she got from the government, how would you live your life.

All these social "saftey nets' have done is create a permanent lower class, who in turn reward the Democrats, with their unyeilding support, so why would the (THE DNC), wish to change the status quo?
  6. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

No arguement here...except it's total bullsh!t to lay it all at the feet of Democrats. Republicrats have been maintaining the welfare system together all along.

Their only "disability" looks like they are fat slobs.
  7. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +438 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

They're down to $250 a month on groceries - seriously I'm not sure my family of four pays that much a month. If we do it's not much more and that's for 2 adults and 2 kids (8 and 10 year old boys, they eat plenty) not just two obese adults.
  8. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

Lot's of "elitists" in this thread. Or is that word trademarked by the GOP?
  9. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +438 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

So you are just gonna name call instead of wondering about obese women wondering why they can't eat as much now ?
  10. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

Just pointing out the hilarious double standard of those that use the word. When it's Americans you criticize, it's valid and thoughtful, when liberals do it, they're "elitists." The story is about the economy in Ohio and not being able to work, the fact that they are obese and groceries are more expensive now has nothing to do with it, other than a way for you to dismiss their problems.
  11. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +438 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

Well you are making no contribution here so just move on.
  12. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

What's your contribution? They're fat? Brilliant insight, thanks.
  13. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +438 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

Sigh. Quit being an ass.
  14. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

Sorry, continue go back to kicking people while they're down. I'll stop being an ass and pointing out how "elitist" you are.
  15. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +438 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

If you can't see something wrong with this picture there's no hope for you. We might as well all stop working and just collect social security. These women needs to get off their butts and do something, anything, to contribute for the money they're getting. Go out and pick up trash for 40 hours a week. Something. Anything.
  16. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

So based on a waist up photograph you've concluded that A) She isn't really disabled and B) There's a job available for them. I guess you had trouble reading the article. Go "pick up trash or something," now there's a realistic solution. I bet if we just let them die by the wayside they'd be a much smaller burden on taxpayers:rolleyes:

What you, and all other conservatives ignore, or don't want to think about, is the fact that you love the free market system so much is why there are no jobs for these people. If it's cheaper to make it somewhere else who are we to question the almighty corporation. I look forward to the day when they outsource your job or the economy devastates your community and I can watch you picking up trash for your lucrative 600$ a month.
  17. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +438 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

I said nothing about job availability - just that they can both clearly eat about half of what they are and get along just fine.

Don't worry about me - I actually got a degree (cheap school, paid for myself don't worry my parents didn't pay $200K) and could get a job if I had to move.

And, yeah, if these women are gonna get $600 a month (not a lot I know) then they should be doing something for it. Phil Gramm was largely correct - whiners.
  18. ELOrocks17

ELOrocks17 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

So what is your brilliant solution Wildo? Give these porkers a taxpayer subsidized side of beef every week? Will that really help them? Because i know that i work 50 hours a week at my job so i can make sure these 2 ladies can sit on their azz collecting benefits for which thier not entitled to.
  19. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +438 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

Yeah, I feel good saying that. She's walking right ?

I have a friend who was trying to do a 360 on a bike when he was 15. Instead he did a 180. Ouch. Hasn't walked since. In his wheelchair he - got a college degree; then he got a law degree. Didn't really like law so he's now got a good, viable desk job - not because he's actually disabled but because he got an education and got a job. That is a disability and still he's working. Unlike this "disabled person" whose only disability is clearly in her head.
  20. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +278 / 10 / -26

The issue is bigger than this, when I worked in corrections there was a girl ( best girl basketball player I ever saw).. could not read, when she turned 18 they put her on disability with no caveats.. essentially disabled for life because she could not read..

How about we will put you on disability, but to continue to receive it for one year you must attend this remedial school which will teach you to read.. no show, no dough..

The problem is on the state level is there is an effort to put them on fed programs as the feds are paying for it.. not the locals.. it is a very bizarre way of doing business, but it is what it is.