PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Has your Patriots football enthusiasm dropped?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to watch every game --Thursday, Sunday, Monday. Now I only watch Patriots, or when friends are over whatever game is on the TV I will watch. Goodell and the League have sucked the love out of it for me. I am completely jaded on the league, disillusioned, angry, at what they did to Brady. It was total ******** and I will never forgive the owners and league, collectively, for what they allowed to happen. Including Kraft.

More generally, what they have done to the league is just sad.

Last edited:
I used to watch every game --Thursday, Sunday, Monday. Now I only watch Patriots, or when friends are over whatever game is on the TV I will watch. Goodell and the League has sucked the love out of it for me. I am completely jaded on the league, disillusioned, angry, at what they did to Brady. It was total ******** and I will never forgive the owners and league, collectively, for what they allowed to happen. Including Kraft.

More generally, what they have done to the league is just sad.

Exact same here. Used to watch every single game, and stream some that I couldn't get on TV. Now? I only watch the Patriots. And I'll even miss a game, or have to listen on the radio, if something else comes up with my kids or whatever. I just don't 'make time' for the NFL anymore. I have no clue who won/lost over the weekend until I catch up sometime on Monday or Tuesday with the scorelines. Mostly, I only care about the Pats, and their main competition, but even then, that's waning.

Goodell and his cronies, and the complicit owners, have sucked the life out of the game for me with the constant Patriots witchunts, the constant rules tinkering, the yearly 'points of emphasis' and the generally all around bad officiating.

youre admitting youre a bandwagoner/front runner? ;)

I get that you are not entirely serious with that comment, but there IS some truth to it.

I stuck with the Pats from an early age, enduring the futility of being a fan of arguably, the worst franchise in professional sports, but that was also a time when I respected the NFL* as a league, and an NFL* championship as something worth aspiring to.

I have now seen the Gr8est dynasty in the history of the NFL* and I will never see another one to rival it, unless it is a continuation of the current one under BB. So while it continues I will continue to revel in the Pats' glory.

Once it is finished, I will no longer feel the urge to follow the NFL* and hope my team can win a championship in a league whose integrity and fair play is highly suspect, and that I just do not respect enough to get any satisfaction from winning in.

Fixed your post for you. :)

Mos def. I mean, that 16-1 TD/INT ratio and 123.3 QB rating are surely precursors of bad things to come. I wouldn't be surprised if his arm just fell off entirely during the offseason.

"During the offseason"? Psh, Sheldon is gonna rip his arm off Sunday. :D

This last Jets game felt good, so there's that :D

Yes, mine has dropped. #1 reason: deflategate.

This is very pro wrestling for me now. I do watch the Patriots but not with the same enthusiasm.

Yup, you echo my thoughts well.

I have also stopped watching the NFL* games, but watch the Pats game whenever it is on prime TV.

Our message board is the only one I read to follow the Pats as my admiration for BB and the team is too high to be influenced by deflategate.

Deflategate on the other hand pissed me off the NFL* so much because, as one of the guys still insisting on calling 'spy-gate' as 'Camera-gate' to give it the correct framework and context, I was just stunned @ the venom and hatred the NFL* had against BB and the team, and the length they would go to smear and tarnish TB.

Integrity my foot!:mad:

I have also stopped watching the NFL* games, but watch the Pats game whenever it is on prime TV.

Our message board is the only one I read to follow the Pats as my admiration for BB and the team is too high to be influenced by deflategate.

Deflategate on the other hand pissed me off the NFL* so much because, as one of the guys still insisting on calling 'spy-gate' as 'Camera-gate' to give it the correct framework and context, I was just stunned @ the venom and hatred the NFL* had against BB and the team, and the length they would go to smear and tarnish TB.

I just joined this board and am going to my first Pats home game against Ravens with my son. We are counting down the days.
I am from Colts territory and I have been to every Pats game in Indy outside of the 06 Championship game since the Grogan days. I have also gone to 2 losing Super Bowl games and hopefully a winning third try soon.

I have stood my ground in Lucas Oil and the RCA dome wearing my Brady jersey in the face of some volatile personalities who have threatened to injure me and it's a rush because we won many more than we lost in Indy

The election had an effect on me in a lot of ways and it found itself into football as well some how.
Also, events around the bye week diminished my enthusiasm for football. I really thought we were set at LB for the next 10 years.

Is it just me, or has anyone else's enthusiasm dropped for football and maybe even a little bit for the Pats? I mean I was pretty hyped about the week 1 win, but that's really all about it for me. The wins have been "Cool." The losses have been "Oh well." Even the AFCCG in Denver last year, while it sucked for about 2 days, didn't have a lingering effect on my mood like the 2010 divisional round loss did. I wonder if it's the Super Bowl win that has kind of "relieved" me as a fan and made me not so tied up in how I feel after a win or a loss. I wonder if it's because of Defamegate. Maybe I'm just getting old. There used to be a time where I watched every game and cheered like it was the Super Bowl. Now nothing really excites or bothers me. Apparently I'm not the only one (with the decline in NFL ratings) but it's weird that I'm less enthusiastic about the team and not just the NFL

Yup. That's been me for the past 2-3 years. When we beat Seattle in the Superbowl, a day or two later, I felt nothing. Sometimes I forget we even won it a couple years back. Knowing all the things I know now about the league, conspiracies and the whole betting thing, I'm no longer passionate about it. I fell asleep twice during the Jets game, I never thought we would lose, not because the Jets absolutely suck, but because I felt that if we came close to losing, some flag would bail us out or the other team's offense would go soft to bail us out or keep the game close. I don't feel like watching the Patriots play 3-4 hours during prime-time and that's never been the case with me, ever.

* Deflategate certainly didn't help the league, only changed opposing teams and their fanbases' perceptions about the Patriots, specifically Brady and Belichick, being untouchable.

* Manning taking HGH didn't help either. Now both of their poster boy QB, HOFs, are "cheaters."

* Brady missing 4 games, definitely did nothing to keep me, the viewer, engaged in their crappy games.

* Maybe I'm getting too old for this stuff, but I've seen much older Pats fans eating this NFL crap up. Perhaps they have a higher tolerance for garbage.

* see Brady blocking vs the Jets and no-one on that defense made an effort to block or tackle Brady. I usually scream at my tv for Brady's stupidity at times, but last night I didn't expect anyone to touch him. What happened to the passion?

* Lastly, maybe too much success has bored me. I mean all the teams absolutely suck this year, even the Pats have been suspect the last few games, but they still look like Superbowl contenders, compared to everybody else. Why would I wanna see the Pats beat up more scrubs, while they're already at the top?

Ok, now I'll have that root canal done and get that colonoscopy procedure.....WTF?
Being a Patriot's fan makes this the greatest time of my football life. The Patriots have 2 losses this season, one being a goal line pass that failed at the end of the game. This season that Patriots will be going for five Lombardis. I guess none of you losers will tune in to the Superbowl if the Patriots are playing? The most dominant team in the free agency era of football are the N.E. Patriots. BB and Brady are arguably the greatest qb and coach of all time and they will probably receive an extra first rounder if they trade their backup qb potentially making the team......better. Sheet happens.....maybe you can catch a rerun of Heidi if you've lost interest.

Is it just me, or has anyone else's enthusiasm dropped for football and maybe even a little bit for the Pats? I mean I was pretty hyped about the week 1 win, but that's really all about it for me. The wins have been "Cool." The losses have been "Oh well." Even the AFCCG in Denver last year, while it sucked for about 2 days, didn't have a lingering effect on my mood like the 2010 divisional round loss did. I wonder if it's the Super Bowl win that has kind of "relieved" me as a fan and made me not so tied up in how I feel after a win or a loss. I wonder if it's because of Defamegate. Maybe I'm just getting old. There used to be a time where I watched every game and cheered like it was the Super Bowl. Now nothing really excites or bothers me. Apparently I'm not the only one (with the decline in NFL ratings) but it's weird that I'm less enthusiastic about the team and not just the NFL

NFL and their ticky tack fouls is ruining it for me. Just watch the eagles packers game. It's hard to get into because theres flags everywhere for even the most minor thing. It's just awful and I don't see the NFL doing anything to improve it.

Ok, now I'll have that root canal done and get that colonoscopy procedure.....WTF?
Being a Patriot's fan makes this the greatest time of my football life. The Patriots have 2 losses this season, one being a goal line pass that failed at the end of the game. This season that Patriots will be going for five Lombardis. I guess none of you losers will tune in to the Superbowl if the Patriots are playing? The most dominant team in the free agency era of football are the N.E. Patriots. BB and Brady are arguably the greatest qb and coach of all time and they will probably receive an extra first rounder if they trade their backup qb potentially making the team......better. Sheet happens.....maybe you can catch a rerun of Heidi if you've lost interest.

Lighten up,Francis. You're the other side's version of butthurt.

My enthusiasm for the Pats began to wane when they moved our 20 plus years of season tickets in the 35 half way down up to last to next row off almost endzone. No explanation or chance to negotiate. I've still been a hard core NE sorts guy but found the few seasons I played fantasy took away from my enjoyment so I rarely attend games and definitely don't watch othe games unless I have money on them (not fantasy $).

Time.

I don't watch baseball at all anymore. They totally lost me because it's now - 0ne pitch, step out, adjust, walk around, pitch two, step out, adjust, walk around, step out and walk around before pitch three, pitcher throws to first 20 times, pitch four, etc. Games are almost five hours and all at night.

Cut to the NFL and it's becoming similar. Games were pretty much under three hours. Now they're easily three and a half with the extra time not given to the game, but to advertising, hawking the new NCIS: Des Moines, and announcers pontificating about how awesome some pretty despicable people are. Many games are also late night - tough to manage when you get to work at 6am - and there's not enough coffee in the world to blunt that potential headache.

Add to that the complete *&^% of the deflation debacle, the lack of fortitude of our own ownership by completely accepting it, and the rules changes to eliminate defense from the game's lexicon and they have succeeded in doing exactly what they set out to do - crush our support...but not in the way they intended. I don't give two you know whats about the NFL as a game anymore - only the Patriots and even that is no longer maniacal in nature like it used to be.

I used to be a fanatic Herr Goodell...you've reduced me to merely a casual fan. Nice work.

I watched the Packers/Eagles game last night and way too many commercials. In the first half i think there was a TO with 3 min left, commercial and then the 2 min warning. The only commercial in the last 5 min of a half should be the 2 min warning. Flow is important

I watched the Packers/Eagles game last night and way too many commercials. In the first half i think there was a TO with 3 min left, commercial and then the 2 min warning. The only commercial in the last 5 min of a half should be the 2 min warning. Flow is important
Well if a timeout is called a commercial is reasonable. The break that kills me is after the kickoff. You got a score, go to commercial, kickoff, teams go out to the field...another commercial? Drives me freaking crazy.

Well if a timeout is called a commercial is reasonable. The break that kills me is after the kickoff. You got a score, go to commercial, kickoff, teams go out to the field...another commercial? Drives me freaking crazy.

All we want is flow. We understand it's a business and the owners want to make money, but if you want people to be interested don't sell out

See no difference between the two. In '08, after everything, Kraft apologized to his fellow owners, basically asking for it again. Nothing "new" about anti-Patriots in league and media nationally, along with present and former players, coaches, fans, and including local fans who like to pick and choose what they dislike, and what they allow to be shoved up their keisters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye