PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Has your Patriots football enthusiasm dropped?

Status
Not open for further replies.
would you care to expand on that answer, PJ?

If it has, get more hobbies. Mine hasn't because I have more hobbies than Patriots football!

My enthusiasm totally tanked, a couple times i sat there in the middle of the game and thought "wtf am I even watching this for", wandered away from a game multiple times this year, once just to fix a lamp. Havn't even worn one of my ***26*** jerseys this year. Stood there and looked at them all hanging up and had the urge to toss them all in a box and send them to the salvation army.

Goodell ruined it for me mostly, but kraft was right there to finish me off. I'm pretty much only watching partially these days because it's a two plus decade habit and feels like it's what i'm supposed to be doing.

The bright side is I'm pretty certain kraft and the nfl will never get another penny of my money, Used to but all sorts of crap with patriots logo's that I spot out and about, now I just walk right on by no problem.

Winning the SB two years ago has made the playoff games feel a lot less nerving. We finally got the monkey off our back.

That being said, time for another one!

Football in general just seems sort of blah this year to me, and I'm not really sure why.

Maybe its as that one poster said - getting older. Although I can't see how it could have changed so drastically in one year.

Maybe its because there's just really no great team out there (including ourselves). The whole thing about parity is that on paper it sounds good, but fans need great teams to hate/aspire to, and **** teams to be glad they're not as bad as the **** team... we really don't have that this year. I don't know, probably not explaining myself well. Plus a lot of games are just downright boring as hell for some reason this year. Hell I even kind of found the Pats/49ers game a bit boring.

You might have missed the point of the thread.
Keep up the love part, by all means.

What is the point? That since we won a Super Bowl lately the hunger is gone Because we are complacent?

Winning the SB two years ago has made the playoff games feel a lot less nerving. We finally got the monkey off our back.

That being said, time for another one!

Not for me, I will feel that way if TB/BB get #5. I really want number 5, 1 for each finger.

Yeah a little bit

I think mostly because I hate the NFL office so much. I want to smash Goodells face with a bat. Not because he suspended Brady, but because he's just a total douche. He's everything I hate about people who are "too big to fail."

Outside of the Pats, I just don't care that much. Games are a chore to watch with all the penalties, all the commercials, etc. You can't just watch football anymore.

I love my pats more than anything in sports, however my interest in the NFL had gone down hill the last two years... I use to watch multiple games a day, now I only watch the pats. Maybe I'll check highlights if other games here and there, just don't feel enthusiastic about it anymore.

I found myself these days watching soccer, and the NBA more than ever. Less ********.

I think Deflategate took a huge toll on a lot of Patriots fans. Think about it. We were talking about it every day for a year and a half. I logged onto Patsfans every day and would always spend some time reading about what people thought about the latest updates. That sucked. That was horrible. I think a part of my soul flew away during that whole episode.

When it ended, and Brady lost, it left a hole in my Patriots fandom. It's like when NHL teams lose a three OT playoff game. You're exhausted and it's a struggle to recover. It was nice that we went 3-1 but in the end we lost the draft pick (and Cyrus Jones hasn't exactly made up for it). As we all know, nothing happened, and it went against every sense of fairness we could think of, but we had no power and had to take the punishment.

I think it's pretty evident why we might be less enthusiastic after dealing with all that BS. If you get whipped because someone fights dirty and gets away with it, then you need some time before you go another round.

That said, I was at the 49ers game yesterday and had the time of my life. Tons of Pats fans braving the rain, great energy. I think our team can beat anyone when we're on our game and there's a lot of games to go. I predict that just when we thought we we're out, they'll pull us right back in again. And when Goodell hands the Lombardi trophy to Tom Brady this February, it'll be one of the greatest moments in all of our sports fandom.

I'm still enthusiastic about pats games. I used to watched every single game even browns games but now that I have a 4 and 1 year old, I'd say my enthusiasm for almost everything has been reduced.

I hate to admit it, but yes, the magic is fading.

Probably has to do with the inevitable decline of Brady as he approaches 40.

Think I may soon have to join a Bruins board with the name DevilFan79.

I hate to admit it, but yes, the Fitzmagic is fading.
Fixed your post for you. :)

Probably has to do with the inevitable decline of Brady as he approaches 40.
Mos def. I mean, that 16-1 TD/INT ratio and 123.3 QB rating are surely precursors of bad things to come. I wouldn't be surprised if his arm just fell off entirely during the offseason.

I only root for the Patriots while the NFL brand and the media disgusts me. If I watch any other game it's because that team might play the Pats later on in the season or because I'm rooting against them (if they threaten the Pats in some manner). When I watch games now, I turn off the sound because announcers annoy me too much.

I have to agree... But for me personally it has nothing to do with deflategate. I'm just so use to the patriots winning and I know they will be in the playoffs even before the season starts. So why even stress over losses in the regular season? Unless it has huge home field implications or something. I'm just waiting for the inevitable SB run.

Is it just me, or has anyone else's enthusiasm dropped for football and maybe even a little bit for the Pats? I mean I was pretty hyped about the week 1 win, but that's really all about it for me. The wins have been "Cool." The losses have been "Oh well." Even the AFCCG in Denver last year, while it sucked for about 2 days, didn't have a lingering effect on my mood like the 2010 divisional round loss did. I wonder if it's the Super Bowl win that has kind of "relieved" me as a fan and made me not so tied up in how I feel after a win or a loss. I wonder if it's because of Defamegate. Maybe I'm just getting old. There used to be a time where I watched every game and cheered like it was the Super Bowl. Now nothing really excites or bothers me. Apparently I'm not the only one (with the decline in NFL ratings) but it's weird that I'm less enthusiastic about the team and not just the NFL

That's exactly how I feel, 100%, but I'm dealing with some other problems in my personal life that might been affecting my mood for sports but anyway no doubt deflategate and the general low level of football being presented these days, bad officiating, poor choice of games in primetime (well what's not poor these days) are also part of the problem.

I regretfully dropped another 200 bucks on the NFL game pass subscription and I'm not even watching the games as most of the Pats games the local ESPN here broadcasts so this year I used only for the Dolphins and Bills games.

Football as a whole has gone to non existent for me, I used to play fantasy football and know who the good teams/players were and who sucked. I would watch NFL network for a couple hours every day. Now? Could care less and haven't turned on a sec of it in over a year. To the OP's question about the pats they are the only game I watch and I am on here on and off most of the day so I am still hooked on the team for the most part. The only down side where my fandom is not as devote as it used to be is working every Sun is not soul crushing to me like it would have been a couple years ago. If I missed a game I was depressed for the rest of the week. Now? Eh if it's a night game I get to see it live and that's cool but I get enough updates, views, and opinions on here that if I don't see it no big deal. Some of that is getting a little older I am sure but more of it is my total and complete disgust with the 32 and their hired puppet.

Football has also changed and not in a good way in the past decade. You watch old highlight reels and it's not as fast with wide open spaces with offences going up and down the field at will. You could actually play defense and a great punt was an exciting play. I get that I am likely in the minority who if I wanted non stop scoring I would watch the NBA. I miss the old NFL where scoring 20 was an accomplishment and more games ended 16-10. This is still football which is a sport I am obsessed with, as well as wanting BB and TFB to shove as large a foot up the 32's *** as possible, so I watch when I can but yeah my enthusiasm has definitely changed....sadly even for the patriots.

Its tanked somewhat, but thats because of the schedule.

It was extremely hard to get up for this SF game this past weekend. There's just so many bad teams in the league.

I still watch most of the games, but I am frustrated with the NFL. I hate Goodell, i hate some of the owners and Kraft has lost some of my respect.

My biggest frustration with the game is the lack of flow. We have a TD, commercial, kickoff, commercial, most timeouts commercial. I was watching a game recently and the team scored with 2:40 left, commercial, kickoff, commercial, 2min warning, commercial, they took a timeout with 45 seconds left, commercial it was ridiculous. Not too mention the amount of time it takes for replays. We need to speed this game up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing