PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Has Watson become a liability?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alk...I don't honestly think you can put Watson and Faulk in the same sentence when it comes to TO's. Faulk has had horrific TO's at the worst, most pivotal, most important moments of KEY games....where that VERY play kills our ability to win the game. I am STILL cringing everytime he touches the ball. The guy is a phenomenal talent and can step in and make INCREDIBLE contributions.......but overall Faulk is a liablility in alot of ways......Watson...hasn't turned the ball over in the "serious" situations enough to be mentioned in the same category with Faulk. For example, Today...we ended up winning....vs last year against Denver when Faulk's fumble was one of the things that sealed our fate..........How many drops does watson have now.....will have to look it up....the guy will be alright though....needs some work...but will be ok.....didn't fumble that much in college did he? Faulk was known for it at LSU though I believe ....

With all do respect, this is bull.

Faulk is one of our most reliable players, who made countless big plays that have helped fueled the dynasty of the past few years. Watson is a young player who has done relatively little in the NFL, yet you're giving him the benefit of the doubt over Faulk?

Faulk's fumble against Denver sealed our fate? What? We were still in a position multiple times to win that game after the Faulk fumble. What sealed our fate was the fumbled kickoff by Hobbs, the muffed punt by Troy, and the interception in the end zone that went the other way for a touchdown. All of these plays took place AFTER the Faulk fumble.

I love Watson. I think he is a hell of a player. The same does to Faulk. But I can't agree with this double standard some fans have for the two. Kevin Faulk doesn't make the huge, freak of nature like plays that Watson does, but he does the little things that is what this dynasty is built on. I'm not saying Watson can't fix the problem, because he can. But if Faulk deserves the label of a "fumbler" then Watson sure does too.

I see it this way
Right now, I would not let Watson hold an infant

I would certainly not throw my infant to him if two 250 pound defenders were bearing down on him. If he was in the clear, maybe :)

Watson, sad to say, has become a drive killer, not saying we bench him, because god for bid a coulple posters will have heart failure, but you cant argue with the stats... 4 fumbles in the last 3 weeks, but he did recover his own fumble at Green Bay.. It gets scary between him , Kevin Faulk, and Corey Dillon who has put it on the ground the most this yr..

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes