PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Has Tim Tebow earned a roster spot on the Patriots?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Has Tim Tebow earned a roster spot on the Patriots

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
let me ask all the detractors...is there any chance Tebow plays really good Thursday and changes your opinion? or is there nothing he can do at this point?

If he is a meaningful part of a super bowl victory for the New England Patriots I will get a tattoo of Tebow as Pat Patriot pointing to the sky. It might be on my ass but it will be there forever, right next to Tom.

Take a look over at JI, or go back to last year when Sanchez was sucking. Even large numbers of Jets fans were saying the same thing. Hell, people were screaming for "Anyone but Sanchez" to be the starter yet Rex kept sending Sanchez out there.

Right, so either Sanchez is actually better or there is a Sanchez conspiracy.

I do not recall hearing anyone but you say that...
Why are you playing the Tim Tebow "potential" propaganda card?

Prove to me thru three preseason games that Tim Tebow is a better fullback than James Develin.

Prove to me thru three preseason games that Tim Tebow is a better running back than LeGarrette Blount.

Prove to me thru three preseason games that Tim Tebow is a better tight end than Zach Sudfeld.

If he is a meaningful part of a super bowl victory for the New England Patriots I will get a tattoo of Tebow as Pat Patriot pointing to the sky. It might be on my ass but it will be there forever, right next to Tom.

At which point a will drag this back up and proclaim "PICS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN!"

let me ask all the detractors...is there any chance Tebow plays really good Thursday and changes your opinion? or is there nothing he can do at this point?

I like how you pigeonhole everybody as "detractors" but let's put down the gloves for a second and sit in our corners ....

is there a chance? yes

is it very high if the offensive sets are the standard Patriot offense...I would say no, given what I've seen this summer and watched on the tube..

there is plenty he CAN do, the question is, will we SEE any of THAT in a 4th preseason game? I think not...what would be the point? Give Buffalo or the Jets tape to study and prepare for? That would be something a moron like Schwartz would do...I think I'll stick to THIS side of the fence and say I think our coaching staff is EXCELLENT at preparation and well known for keeping plans close to the vest.

I could be wrong and Tebow is cut when they go down to 53. IF...IF..Tim Tebow is on the 53 man roster I'm convinced the coaches will have elements of the R/O they been practicing with him in play near the goal line. The reason why SHOULD be obvious to lovers/haters. He is another THREAT inside the 5 that teams HAVE to prepare for and with no tape to go on, I wouldn't want to be the fat slob in Jersey trying to game plan for it.

Prove to me thru three preseason games that Tim Tebow is a better fullback than James Develin.

Prove to me thru three preseason games that Tim Tebow is a better running back than LeGarrette Blount.

Prove to me thru three preseason games that Tim Tebow is a better tight end than Zach Sudfeld.

Propaganda? It's an opinion.

And as you so eloquently put earlier. I don't have to do anything. :snob:

At which point a will drag this back up and proclaim "PICS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN!"

At which point I will happily oblige, but I am quite confident in thinking that Tom will remain by himself for some time.

She is only makeing sence why we still have him he is beyond me, he is a third sting QB who is not that good,the thread is getting old.

My point is, if you don't like the thread, don't bother reading it or commenting in it. Just leave it alone for those of us who do get something out of it.

I like how you pigeonhole everybody as "detractors" but let's put down the gloves for a second and sit in our corners ....

is there a chance? yes

is it very high if the offensive sets are the standard Patriot offense...I would say no, given what I've seen this summer and watched on the tube..

there is plenty he CAN do, the question is, will we SEE any of THAT in a 4th preseason game? I think not...what would be the point? Give Buffalo or the Jets tape to study and prepare for? That would be something a moron like Schwartz would do...I think I'll stick to THIS side of the fence and say I think our coaching staff is EXCELLENT at preparation and well known for keeping plans close to the vest.

I could be wrong and Tebow is cut when they go down to 53. IF...IF..Tim Tebow is on the 53 man roster I'm convinced the coaches will have elements of the R/O they been practicing with him in play near the goal line. The reason why SHOULD be obvious to lovers/haters. He is another THREAT inside the 5 that teams HAVE to prepare for and with no tape to go on, I wouldn't want to be the fat slob in Jersey trying to game plan for it.

I know we have had monster differences in the past and you rag on some people I happen to like quite a bit , that being said...I think its awesome that the hate you have for the Jets (that can obviously fuel a billion suns for a trillion years) is not only something you and I have in common but its enough to clear your mind and let you see a bigger picture.

I really, really , really hope you are right.

jetssuck_patriots_zps51c5030a.jpg

Why should he, that's not how roster building works. BB will decide on the best 53 players that will help the team both this season and the 2 subsequent seasons after that (it's been reported that BB works to a 3 year plan. If he feels that Tebow is one of those 53, he'll put him on the team. If not, he won't. I struggle to see why you and others struggle with this concept.

Why should he, that's not how roster building works. BB will decide on the best 53 players that will help the team both this season and the 2 subsequent seasons after that (it's been reported that BB works to a 3 year plan. If he feels that Tebow is one of those 53, he'll put him on the team. If not, he won't. I struggle to see why you and others struggle with this concept.
So says the poster who has provided nothing but hypotheticals in defense of Tim Tebow.

So says the poster who has provided nothing but hypotheticals in defense of Tim Tebow.

Were you under the misconception that you are actually making a point here ? Or that you are scoring some internet victory ?

All you've done in this thread is make yourself look like a blithering idiot.

Re: Re: Has Tim Tebow earned a roster spot on the Patriots?

Robert Kraft rooting for Tim Tebow to make Patriots' final roster

Robert Kraft rooting for Tim Tebow to make Patriots' final roster - NFL.com

What is he going to say, cut the loser and I hope he gets hit by a bus walking out of Gillete. Its not like Kraft called a press conference to announce his hope for Tebow making the roster, someone asked him a question that an owner could really only answer one way.

Were you under the misconception that you are actually making a point here? Or that you are scoring some internet victory?
So says the poster who could care less about fielding the best 53 man roster for the New England Patriots.

So says the poster who could care less about fielding the best 53 man roster for the New England Patriots.

If BB adds Tebow to the 53 then you will agree he belongs right? or do you know more than BB?

Re: Re: Has Tim Tebow earned a roster spot on the Patriots?

I really don't see a reason to play Tebow on Thursday. If they keep him then it is for long term reasons, and something likely already determined, not because he showed up in the 4th preseason game.

There is more value in letting Mallett play the entire game and showcasing him for an offseason trade.

I see nothing to gain for Tebow or the team on Thursday, actually only detractors, you limit Malletts exposure, and if Tebow sucks again you setback his confidence even more.

He needs to go on IR, I don't care what for but I'm adamant that he needs a redshirt season and maybe he can be the backup in 2014, I pray we can recoup some of the value used to draft Mallett in a trade, even a 4th or 5th combined with 2 years of a backup makes that a solid draft value for a 3rd round choice.

If BB adds Tebow to the 53 then you will agree he belongs right? or do you know more than BB?
I'm not a mindless lemming that agrees with every transaction that has occurred with the New England Patriots during the Bill Belichick era. Pissing away draft picks for a fat lazy bum in Albert Haynesworth and a selfish egotist in Chad "Ochostinko" Johnson come to mind.

I guess you were completely satisfied with the "Three Stooges":

Josh Barrett
James Ihedigbo
Sergio Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes