PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Has Tim Tebow earned a roster spot on the Patriots?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Has Tim Tebow earned a roster spot on the Patriots

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he'll make the cut for this roster, but will get released for the 53 man roster.

Was going to avoid commenting in this thread simply because it's moronic to have yet another Tebow thread, when this very question can be and is discussed in existing threads.

But, since you have chosen to use my name in a response, I felt the need to jump in and correct you.

Speaking for myself, I don't think Tebow should make the roster just because he's Tim Tebow and I happen to be a fan.

The only reason he should make the roster is IF Bill thinks he should for whatever reasons Bill might have.

Don't confuse "want" with "should". I WANT Tebow to make the roster. That doesn't mean I think he SHOULD.

I feel pretty safe in saying that most the people on the list you posted feel the same way.

but ...but... but...your name ISN'T LISTED....why the pre-emptive missile strike?

Check my posts in the other thread which I know you have because you've replied to a bunch of them, and you'll know why I think Tebow could be a Patriot. So I'd say that accusing me of avoiding the subject is BS because I've probably bored people to death speculating as to why.

Once again, i call bullsh.t. You justifying a spot for Tebow and Tebow actually earning his spot are two different things, and the FACT that you and the rest of the Tebow supporters are completely unable to say what he has actually done to deserve a roster spot tells us all just how bankrupt your position is and demonstrates fully that is simply hero worship and a cult like following that wants a guy on the team who doesn't deserve a spot on the team simply because you like him.

Was going to avoid commenting in this thread simply because it's moronic to have yet another Tebow thread, when this very question can be and is discussed in existing threads.

But, since you have chosen to use my name in a response, I felt the need to jump in and correct you.

Speaking for myself, I don't think Tebow should make the roster just because he's Tim Tebow and I happen to be a fan.

The only reason he should make the roster is IF Bill thinks he should for whatever reasons Bill might have.

Don't confuse "want" with "should". I WANT Tebow to make the roster. That doesn't mean I think he SHOULD.

I feel pretty safe in saying that most the people on the list you posted feel the same way.

Actually what is "moronic" is fans wanting a player who doesn't deserve to be on a team to be on it simply because they like him. The fact that not one Tebow supporter can make an argument for why he has earned a spot pretty much says it all.

but ...but... but...your name ISN'T LISTED....why the pre-emptive missile strike?

Touche. When I read the list through, I thought "Daemonblader " was just your latest bastardization of my name. :D

My memory might be a bit fuzzy right now, but iirc, you've come up with some rather interesting names/spellings in reference to me :D

Actually what is "moronic" is fans wanting a player who doesn't deserve to be on a team to be on it simply because they like him. The fact that not one Tebow supporter can make an argument for why he has earned a spot pretty much says it all.

You think it's "moronic" for a supporter to WANT a player to make the team ?

There's all sorts of people around here who WANT specific players to make the team for any number of reasons.

You are conflating WANT with SHOULD.

Yes, I WANT Tebow to make the roster. That doesn't mean I think he SHOULD make it.

Do you not understand the difference ??

heh heh heh...that's WHY I left Daemonblaster in there...heh...sneaky...heh heh...I figured you might trip up on that one.

I left you, SDI Gator and Ironhead out of it because you've all been rational....or..er...more rational than I..

and, I had to leave Remarker on there simply because I have no idea how many of his other logins there are on that list....:wave: Markus!

It was moronic for _______ (insert your team other than Ravens) fans wanting their team to win last seasons Super Bowl. And that team did not do anything to deserve it. Simply because they like a certain team. How moronic of those fans to want their team to win the Super Bowl.

Once again, i call bullsh.t. You justifying a spot for Tebow and Tebow actually earning his spot are two different things, and the FACT that you and the rest of the Tebow supporters are completely unable to say what he has actually done to deserve a roster spot tells us all just how bankrupt your position is and demonstrates fully that is simply hero worship and a cult like following that wants a guy on the team who doesn't deserve a spot on the team simply because you like him.

Both the silliest and funniest thing I've read. Why on earth would I "hero worship" Tebow? I'm not from Florida, I'm not religious, the only Broncos game I've ever seen where he played were the Patriot ones and I never saw him play at Florida. From the start, all I've ever said was that I was interested and intrigued by him and the reasons for BB signing him.

I cannot say why he should be on the team, all I can say is why I think BB might make the decision to put him on the final roster and I've done that ad nauseum. If he gets cut, I'll be spending the upcoming season following the Patriots and barely giving Tebow a second thought.

You think it's "moronic" for a supporter to WANT a player to make the team ?

There's all sorts of people around here who WANT specific players to make the team for any number of reasons.

You are conflating WANT with SHOULD.

Yes, I WANT Tebow to make the roster. That doesn't mean I think he SHOULD make it.

Do you not understand the difference ??

I understand it fully, what you are apparently missing is that in pretty much every case those fans are making an argument for them deserving to be on the team because they actually root for that team and want them to win, what makes this unique is that none of Tebow's fans can actually make that case but want him on it anyways. And the truth is that the vast majority are not even Patriot fans so they really don't give a crap if the Patriots win but rather just want their hero to have a team to call home.

Every player that i want on this team is based upon their ability to actually help them win, because that is what matters to me, you on the other hand were rooting for the Jets last season and Denver the one before that, and stopped rooting for those teams when Tebow left them, so you really don't care about who he plays for but only that he is on a roster, and that is an indisputable fact. So the person who "doesn't get it" is actually you. You want a guy you admit hasn't earned a spot to be on the team, that is moronic.

It was moronic for _______ (insert your team other than Ravens) fans wanting their team to win last seasons Super Bowl. And that team did not do anything to deserve it. Simply because they like a certain team. How moronic of those fans to want their team to win the Super Bowl.

That may well be the dumbest post not related to defending Aaron Hernandez' innocence that i have ever read.

I voted no.

From what we have seen, he has not earned it. But we have not seen everything, and I doubt we will ever get a straight answer from BB. No matter which way this goes.

I do want Tebow to make the team, because I am a fan. I can not justify it though, he has to date looked fairly bad throwing the ball in the preseason. His running is as advertised, but we all already knew that. That alone of course would not warrant a spot on the 53 as QB3..

My hope is that there is a bigger plan in effect that BB and JMcD have in the works. Most of it has been mentioned before in the mega-thread.

Hopefully this thread is closed soon, because ultimately whether or not Tebow makes the team could have little to do with how he looked in a preseason game.

I just hope some people can put away their irrational hatred if Tebow does make it.

Last edited:
His performance in the league, his starting experience, winning record as a starter, postseason win as a starter, all justify bringing him in for a season to see if he can be the backup after Mallet moves on. So yes, he's "earned" that shot in a tough league.

If the measure were based on his postseason statline, coming in and playing with the 3's, then no he's not earned anything. Not even a hot dog from the concessionaire.

That may well be the dumbest post not related to defending Aaron Hernandez' innocence that i have ever read.
Good. That was my point. I said exactly what you said.:)

His performance in the league, his starting experience, winning record as a starter, postseason win as a starter, all justify bringing him in for a season to see if he can be the backup after Mallet moves on. So yes, he's "earned" that shot in a tough league.

If the measure were based on his postseason statline, coming in and playing with the 3's, then no he's not earned anything. Not even a hot dog from the concessionaire.

I disagree, Going in as the number 3 and taking some hits that would have otherwise gone to your 1 and 2 is definitely worth a hotdog.:D

I understand it fully, what you are apparently missing is that in pretty much every case those fans are making an argument for them deserving to be on the team because they actually root for that team and want them to win, what makes this unique is that none of Tebow's fans can actually make that case but want him on it anyways. And the truth is that the vast majority are not even Patriot fans so they really don't give a crap if the Patriots win but rather just want their hero to have a team to call home.

Every player that i want on this team is based upon their ability to actually help them win, because that is what matters to me, you on the other hand were rooting for the Jets last season and Denver the one before that, and
stopped rooting for those teams when Tebow left them, so you really don't care about who he plays for but only that he is on a roster, and that is an indisputable fact. So the person who "doesn't get it" is actually you. You want a guy you admit hasn't earned a spot to be on the team, that is moronic.

I do care if the team wins. You know how hard it was to watch the Jests last year and that atrocious "offense" they had.

If Tebow never plays a snap, I will still watch every Pats game. I know that doesn't make me a "real fan" and to be honest, I don't give a damn if you think that's terrible.

I will watch for my reasons, I post here for my reasons, and really I think it is very bully like for you to make a new thread just to try and call people out on what you think they are saying.

I'd put you on ignore, but then I'd miss all the stupid things you say in the Tebow thread.

I picked yes because I am a fan of his and someone had to and I think its great we are adding yet ANOTHER poll !

Brilliant, the board needs about 9 more Tebow polls I think because 1 poll with 3000 responses was just not enough.

it is a valid question, players earn spots on teams they aren't supposed to have them handed to them in a popularity contest. If Tebow supporters believe he has earned a roster spot they should say so and say what he has done to eanr the spot.

Starting another brain dead poll is not valid, ESPECIALLY with a monster thread already dedicated to Tebow.

Talk about trolling...

You sir win the noble prize for trolling.

I do care if the team wins. You know how hard it was to watch the Jests last year and that atrocious "offense" they had.

If Tebow never plays a snap, I will still watch every Pats game. I know that doesn't make me a "real fan" and to be honest, I don't give a damn if you think that's terrible.

I will watch for my reasons, I post here for my reasons, and really I think it is very bully like for you to make a new thread just to try and call people out on what you think they are saying.

I'd put you on ignore, but then I'd miss all the stupid things you say in the Tebow thread.

I don't need to put any of you on ignore because as soon as he gets cut you will all disappear.

I don't need to put any of you on ignore because as soon as he gets cut you will all disappear.

If you're so sure, then why make a new poll/thread about it? It obviously bothers you quite a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes