Welcome to PatsFans.com

Has the US Government covered up information about space aliens?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PatsFan24, Feb 20, 2012.

?

Has the Government covered up info about space aliens?

Poll closed May 30, 2012.
  1. Yes

7 vote(s)
    70.0%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    30.0%
  1. PatsFan24

PatsFan24 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Your thoughts.

2. Titus Pullo

Titus Pullo Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -1

all due respect, but this is a sub-standard thread starter.

Offer more than "your thoughts," and you might foster real discussion.

I have no opinion on space aliens, because I have not seen enough concrete, direct and circumstantial evidence one way or the other. You could provide that with 4 or 5 of your favorite links on the subject.

I will say that there is a glacier of evidence that the U.S. government has covered up federal sanctioned drug trade, right wing death squads in Latin America, 9/11 foreknowledge, corporate pilfering of the former Soviet Union and fraudulent WMD claims that led to illegal war. So I'd hardly be surprised about NASA dishonesty.

3. cupofjoe1962

cupofjoe1962 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +155 / 20 / -17

You never know where you will find a space alien.
    Ian even let one slip past him and enter our forum.

If you see this space alien (picture below), you need to report him to
    authorities asap.

Attached Files:

4. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

This thread is just another way the government is preparing the population for the announcement about first contact. It's part of the desensitization process so there won't be so much of a shock to the culture.

...I'm pretty sure about that, but I have no proof or evidence...

5. Ilikehappyppl

Ilikehappyppl 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Can't trust our government at all, they lie,cheat,steal,kill.....

My gut tells me that there is life out there, that we are so very very small in the grand sceme of things...

If they are covering it up, i understan why....people are not ready yet but the time is coming when they will need to be, everyone says that if aliens were to come here they would come to enslave us or to distory us and take our oil lol

I doubt very much that they would be harmful to us, if anything they would just leave us alone and watch us, have to admit we would be good entertainment! Either way I don't really care, I have a family and a wife and a dog, if there are aliens.....cool! I hope we can all get along and learn but if I had a chance to talk to them I would tell them to go away, we are not ready yet.....maybe in a few 100 years or so will be but at the moment we are still fighting over gods,skin and oil.....

6. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +819 / 27 / -33

No... if there was any truth to this,which there is not, it probably could not be kept secret.

7. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Simple logic says that if advanced aliens existed they'd either announce themselves or use their massive tech advantage to remain undiscovered. Its a near certainty that if they can travel far enough to get here they've also got 'stealth' tech that blows the doors off of the best the Air Force has.

OTOH, if they had discovered signs of farming or industry by way of the Hubble or some other telescope, I could see some time passing while the government figured out how to announce it.

8. Drewski

Drewski In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +362 / 0 / -1

No Jersey Selected

I think the governments of the world (to varying lengths) have covered up the existence of aliens; I think one could argue they almost have to no?

Humanity has spent +/- 10,000 years using its existence and its verbal and written histories as examples of how we are the pinnacle of creation. We have countless organized religions that teach the faithful that god created us "in their likeness". To have other forms of intelligent life in some distant spec of our sky, while not invalidating what religion teaches us outright, would damage the psyche of humans beings as a whole.

That being said it is my personal opinion that aliens have been coming to our planet for sometime and interacting with our ancestors in the distant past sharing knowledge and technology to further our growth as a species. Ancient buildings (i.e.Pyramids in Egypt, Sacsayhuamán in Peru, Balbek in Lebanon ) ancient understanding of science and math (Mayan Calendars, Pythagorean triangles formed by the stones at Carnac) the development of language and writing.

Beyond that the picture linked below is a photo from Hubble of a sliver of the sky. Each speck of light is a galaxy. I find it mathematically unlikely, with as many stars there are in each galaxy, and how many galaxies there are in the known universe, that we are the only ones.

HubbleSite - NewsCenter - Hubble's Deepest View of the Universe Unveils Bewildering Galaxies across Billions of Years (01/15/1996) - Release Images

9. PatsFan24

PatsFan24 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Yeah, if you are a human.

10. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,130 / 3 / -10

Of course they are out there, how the hell can anybody be so pompous and dumb to think we are the only living thing in this gigantic universe.

They have been visiting this planet for thousands of years, they watch us then they go home for awhile, we are not ready for contact, we are all f-cking nuts.

Harry Truman scared the sh!t out of them when he straightend out Japan for starting their sh!t with us, another thing that sent them home to write books about us was The Invasion Of Normandy, they hovered high above in space and watched WWII they then decided that they wanted no part of this sh!t planet or those things that live there that are constantly killing each other.

They may return if those animals over in the middle east start to Nuke each other, they may even decide to "repremand us a little"

It will be millions of years before they decide it is time to drop in and say "hello" right now all they want to do is watch us, we must scare the sh!t out of them.

WWI, WWII, Michael Jackson & Lady Ga Ga set "The Contact Time" back ten million years, now they're studying Joe Biden.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2012
  11. chicowalker

chicowalker Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +431 / 8 / -4

well said, harry