PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Has the "Rex Ryan fired" countdown begun?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Rex Ryan will be fired . . .

• Total voters
Rex wont be unemployed for long, hes gonna get a DC job. Idzik on the other hand wont get the same offers, he may crawl back to Seahawks and Carroll.

I think Rex may go to TV next year. I think he can make more money doing TV and he certainly will be able to hear himself speak more. Then he will try to get a head coaching job in 2016.

How did that not result in an ejection?? (Or at the minimum, an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty.)

I can't wait until Winston gets ejected from a game for pushing a ref like he did on Saturday. That kind of stuff won't fly in the NFL.

florida-state-football-o.gif

stopjameis.0.gif

How did that not result in an ejection?? (Or at the minimum, an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty.)

According to the ACC, the ref felt the contact was incidental and insignificant. My guess is the ref wasn't going to eject a star QB on a top ranked team in a game where they are struggling to beat an unranked team unless he beat the ref senseless.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/11/jameis-winston-shove-referee-no-penalty-explanation

Funny, Belichick got fined a big fine just for grabbing a ref's arm to get his attention after the game.

After last night, the consensus in NYC today is that he can no longer save his job; his argument has always been that he is a "players' coach" and his players show up even when they get beat. Last night, they didn't show up and were humiliated on 15 days rest by a team that got to its plane by snowmobile and ATV.

As a Pats fan and inveterate disdainer of the Jets, I just hope that Woody keeps Idzik as GM. He is completely incompetent when it comes to personnel decisions and so keeping him will mean two things: one, no first class HC in his right mind would want to work for the Woody Idzik circus, so they won't attract anyone good; two, they will continue to think that guys like Geno Smith are their players of the future and trade for idiots like Percy Harvin who was so dumb running back kicks last night that the fans booed when he finally took a knee in the endzone because they wanted to see him get tackled well short of the 20 again.

Like, as a fan of the NFL and quality football in general I thought the way the Jets played last night was am embarrassment. I still think Rex has a chance to be a good HC in this league but just like BB after Cleveland he needs 3-4 years as a coordinator again or something to get a little more maturity.

I honestly don't know why Woody is keeping him around at this point, but maybe he wants the #1 overall and is afraid of the revitalizing impact of an interim head coach.

I think Rex may go to TV next year. I think he can make more money doing TV and he certainly will be able to hear himself speak more. Then he will try to get a head coaching job in 2016.

I agree. I think Rex would be great in the booth. He really knows defensive football, and he has first hand knowledge of the history of the game dating back to when his Dad was assistant coach on the 1969 Jets Super Bowl team. If he could master being an analyst, he'd be as good as Gruden.

Gruden is not everybody's cup of tea, but I enjoy listening to him do non-Patriot commentary. If he's in the booth for the Pats, I turn him off and synch up the radio. Rex could do the enthusiastic coach schtick, and bring insights into what teams are attempting to do.

Being a defensive coach and getting fired from a team that is terrible on defense, it may help him get his next job to go to TV, not coach, and let the misconception that he is a defensive genius come back.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back