PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Has the NFL relased an "official" statement on cameragate yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobs My Uncle

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
......................................................?

No. They haven't. It's a non starter.

Anyone?

I'm wondering if the league has just sat idle by allowing this situation to sprout legs and manifest itself as it has or have they released any statement that would help suppress things until all the facts are known?

Of course not, Goodell is an idiot.

And if news was released, I guarantee you wouldn't have to ask for it. I would be posted right away.

Isn't Belichick's apology reason to believe that the NFL has found us guilty of this violation.

Isn't Belichick's apology reason to believe that the NFL has found us guilty of this violation.

No, the apology was just for the controversy. The Pats have endured enough PR punishment on this one. Goodell will not penalize the Pats for something every team does. Yet he won't say they cheated, in fact he'll outwardly deny there was any evidence of cheating.

No, re-read the apology.

Although it remains a league matter, I want to apologize to everyone who has been affected, most of all ownership, staff and players.

He was apologizing to those affecting by this episode, and it isn't the Jets he's referring to. He is talking about Kraft, the NE coaches and staff, and NE players for having to go through this.

Following the league’s decision, I will have further comment

I can't wait to hear what he will have to say!

I think the NFL has acted irresponsibly by not coming forth and saying, one way or the other, that the Patriots are guilty. If they are unable or unwilling to do so at this time then they should at least comment on something to the effect that "until all the points in this matter have been considered the New England Patriots are not guiilty of doing anything"

To not do so is forcing the media to have to opine on information that has neither been confirmed nor denied. Far too many scathing reports have been directed at the Patriots and are based on nothing but conjecture. Heck, even the nfl.com site has questionable articles on this matter.

Frankly, I'd be pissed if I were the Patriots and embarrassed if I were the NFL.

Maybe one of our local writers can take up issue with the league for seemingly failing to represent the Patriots during this matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back