Welcome to PatsFans.com

Has The Left Moved A Few Posters Closer Their Way Here?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by IcyPatriot, Jun 6, 2006.

1. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,972 / 41 / -31

#24 Jersey

:rofl:

Not naming names...against forum policy in the lead thread.

But I sense the see-saw dipping a bit on the left side for a poster or two. :eek:

Is it my imagination?

Has the right just moved to far right for anyone to stay there?

Myself, i was an old fashioned moderate conservative when I came here 5 years ago. Bush and Co.
    have moved more right leaving me just slightly right of center {which is okay by me BTW.}

So then the question becomes has the right moved furthur right
    or are there some influential power lefties honing their craft here? :eek:

BTW...this post is meant to be light hearted so please keep it that way
    after all we are all Patriots fans and have at least 1 thing in common.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2006
  2. ELOrocks17

ELOrocks17 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I have pretty much maintained the same position i have since the day i started on this board. I just bring up Clinton alot more to counter NEM's arguments about Bush.

3. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +778 / 17 / -23

#24 Jersey

I'm still way to the right but typically vote (L) for now until the (R)s stop all their spending.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2005
  4. Blue Collar

Blue Collar 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Both parties to me are leaning to extremes. Im stuck in the middle looking at a third party vote..

5. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

I vote L whenever I can, I when there's no L and on a rare occasion, R or D. I'm not a pure Libertarian, but I lean that way 95% of the time. Like the Constitution - I think it's almost perfect, except for slavery, voting rights (originally), and the 14th Ammendment. Socially, we seem left-wing, but it's actually conservative in the pure sense and in the spirit of individual freedom and freedom from government tyranny which was promised us by the Founding Fathers.
    :eat3:

6. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +809 / 26 / -33

As much as I try to be an independent, I find the values of the left something I can align with...however, as the parties drift closer and closer on such issues as immigration, Iraq and the real important issues the differences seem to be closer when you get beyond the yakkety yak. I wish there was a 3rd party that was viable and could make a real difference.

7. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +563 / 22 / -19

With the possible exception of abortion, most of the conservatives here have never been right-wing with regard to social policy. Otherwise, I think the immigration issue has turned some conservatives away from Bush, and the war, coupled with the deficit, is hardly the rallying point for the right that it once was. I do think there are broad national trends that tend to make a society swing slightly between left and right, and right now we're probably a little less right than we were a year or two ago.

I'm pretty much where I've always been, though I have honed my reasoning here. The biggest changes for me are that I'm far more conscious of soldiers' issues and try to be more sensitive when posting criticisms of the war; that one can be a neocon without being a conservative; and that we don't really have and never really had a very democratic society. We're certainly no role model for anyone in that regard.