PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Has the FO Given Brady Enough Weapons?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Patriots brought in Darrelle Revis. As far as I am concerned, that is a weapon for Tom Brady.

Does anybody think this roster cannot compete for a championship?

I love the defense, but agree that the offense could use one more elite playmaker. Maybe White is that guy. Frankly, a significant number of skill position players have to prove they are NFL-caliber rushers and receivers. The only two who would start on other contending teams are Gronk and Edelman. The rest are question marks due to inexperience or injuries.

FWIW, here are the rankings of the past Super Bowl winners in terms of point scored (I don't give a **** about yards) along with where the Patriots offense ranked those years:

2013: Seahawks - 8th (Pats - 3rd)
2012: Ravens - 10th (Pats - 1st)
2011: Giants - 9th (Pats - 3rd)
2010: Packers - 10th (Pats - 1st)
2009: Saints - 1st (Pats - 6th)
2008: Steelers - 20th (Pats - 8th)
2007: Giants - 14th (Pats - 1st)
2006: Colts - 2nd (Pats - 7th)
2005: Steelers - 9th (Pats - 10th)

Last year was a gong show and we still finished in the top 3 but only 2 teams with top-3 scoring offenses have won a Super Bowl in the past 9 years. So I don't really know how much better the O needs to be to contend; it's the other side of the ball we are hoping for improvement.

With Gronk being held back, Hoo-man having setbacks, Dobson PU'ed for now, Amendola's injury track record and besides Julian who's had ONE great injury free season, Lafell who looks like he could be solid but not spectacular it's a bunch of relatively unprovens. How do you feel about this receiving core?

Never mind this great looking defense for a second. Let's take a look at the overall O.

RB-Fumble prone Ridley, injury prone Vereen, unproven 4th round pick White and perennial bubble guy Bolden.

OT-Solder and Vollmer are monsters, no doubt. But the latter has been injury prone. No denying that. Cannon is OK as a backup. Flemming is a 6th round ROOKIE. I like his potential, but an injury to SeaBass disrupts the protection vastly.

Interior OL-Who's at Center is like who's on first at this point. Guard with Mankins is solid, but the other? Sketchy at best right now.

I like our defense, but Tom can't do this alone. Is anyone else concerned about our offense, or is it all just pre-season sunshine, buttercups and unicorns right now?

With Gronk being held back, Hoo-man having setbacks, Dobson PU'ed for now, Amendola's injury track record and besides Julian who's had ONE great injury free season, Lafell who looks like he could be solid but not spectacular it's a bunch of relatively unprovens. How do you feel about this receiving core?

Never mind this great looking defense for a second. Let's take a look at the overall O.

RB-Fumble prone Ridley, injury prone Vereen, unproven 4th round pick White and perennial bubble guy Bolden.

OT-Solder and Vollmer are monsters, no doubt. But the latter has been injury prone. No denying that. Cannon is OK as a backup. Flemming is a 6th round ROOKIE. I like his potential, but an injury to SeaBass disrupts the protection vastly.

Interior OL-Who's at Center is like who's on first at this point. Guard with Mankins is solid, but the other? Sketchy at best right now.

I like our defense, but Tom can't do this alone. Is anyone else concerned about our offense, or is it all just pre-season sunshine, buttercups and unicorns right now?

It can't be worse than last season wrt injuries, and they ended up Third in the League.

BB spent on Defense; and O-line, at G, T and C, RB, TE, plus QB and WRs. Do you realize that he has drafted, signed or brought in Offensive newcomers at every Offensive position ?

He doesn't have but one First round pick. What do you want?

It's not about scoring 40 a game, it's how many times will Brady be forced to perform a miracle in the end. We all know he can do it, provided he's not dropped on the turf 40 times or his receivers drop the second most passes again.

It can't happen like that again and expect another piece of hardware in the trophy room. I think it's a legitimate concern.

That's why they gave him a top level defense for the first time in 10 years. So that he /won't/ have to perform a miracle at the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back