PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Has our team fallen apart or can BB pick up the pieces?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those of us who dismissed the Miami blowout as some kind of ugly aberration were given a cold dose of ugly reality after the Chargers blowout. Our QB looked incompetent, our defense looked lost. Our OL couldn' block to save their lives, and Maroney as usual is hurt. Now Denver is coming to town with the #2 passing attack in the league against a rather clueless looking secondary.

I agree with the above points and don't know if our D can stop the Bronco's potent offense given our dismal performance against the Fins and Bolts. That's why I want to see how the coaches prepare and change their defensive schemes and not be as one-sided as they were against the Bolts.

Very disappointed with the overall performance of our defense so far because it is not as if one of the captains went down like Harrison did a few years back leaving them rudderless. Was Asante Samuel bringing so much to the table that his absence is making our entire defense look so hapless? :eek: Hope not...

I will continue to give a pass to our offense for a few more games so that the unit can get comfortable with MC's traits/strengths and also allow MC to get six/seven games under his belt.

Could this get any worse? BB news flash, you need to make some huge adjustments and make em fast! Can we survive this game without getting embarassed? Magic 8-ball says unlikely. If we manage to pull out a win, I'm a real happy camper, it will be nearly as miraculous as that comeback Sox win from down 0-7. But tell me seriously, how are we going to win this one??

I think some of the responses earlier to mine were assuming that you were addressing the entire season, which I don't think you are. Your point is just on this Broncos game and if I am correct, I agree with your point that unless our offense and defense show a remarkable transformation from what they displayed against the Bolts, we don't have a chance.

Can both units put up that kind of a performance on Monday?

I hope so! Praying for a 'miracle' to use your words.

GO PATS!!

Follow up query to more research oriented fans: Was our 2001 performance in the two losses (as at end of the fifth game) as uninspiring and dismal as how it seemed in the two losses so far this season? Thanks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back