PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Has ne one ever backed out??

Status
Not open for further replies.

signbabybrady

Pro Bowl Player
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
I am one that says this AD thing is done and everything left is just a formality.

but for those who are pessimistic can anyone name anybody that has agreed in principle only to back out later?

something being reported wrong is one thing but I am talking agreed in principle and backed out.

I am one that says this AD thing is done and everything left is just a formality.

but for those who are pessimistic can anyone name anybody that has agreed in principle only to back out later?

something being reported wrong is one thing but I am talking agreed in principle and backed out.

I shudder to think about it:eek:

I'm sure it's happened. I do know that in these things the team and the agent talk. Then before flying out for a physical, a written proposal outlining the $, years, SB and guaranteed $ is agreed to and in some cases signed by both parties. That is not THE contract by kind of like a "letter of intent" There is also an unwritten code between teams and agents no to "jerk each other around"...Unless he flunks the physical or someone like Larry Luccino shows up and totally pisses off the other party, it's a done deal

I think that now both KFFL and ESPN are reporting the deal, it's safe to say that AD is here.

I think that now both KFFL and ESPN are reporting the deal, it's safe to say that AD is here.

It has been safe for a while but people have been acting a fool

kffl is just a place where you gather all the news up, so if its reported ESPN or Globe, then KFFL will post it saying: Boston Globe says Patriots-Thomas agreed to preliminary deal or w.e

ESPN said preliminary..thats not offical by any means..nothing set in stone yet

i hope something is done SOON because i cant take this anymore...i celebrated early but i have my questions so im saving it for 1 big celebration.

On a contract of this size,not that I can remember.But 2 years ago the Ravens had a deal done with a guard Cooper Carlisle who was coming from Denver,and he backed out and opted to stay in Denver.Oddly enough,Cooper is a FA again and there is talk of him coming to Baltimore this year.

Why do I get a nagging feeling that he's gonna be injured in training camp? For some reason, I always remember (maybe just cause they stick out in my mind), whenever the pats (or any team) make a HUGE splash in free agency, it somehow doesn't end up working out...remember colvin that first season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes