• why has it come to this, with Deion

Votes: 1 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Pa Patriot

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
I know another Branch thread, but have people realized that Deion Branch is basically done as a Patriot..

I think this same exact thread was made awhile ago, and my answer is still yes.

jaychamp said:
I think this same exact thread was made awhile ago, and my answer is still yes.

Sorry, but wanted everyones take, now that he will plan on suing the Pats...

Holy *****, you're saying "I know another Branch thread". Then why not stop making them? Most people know that he is coming back by week ten for the final six games or hes not playing ever again for the Patriots...geez no more Branch threads, PLEASE.

NEM said:
Chayut,. an inexperienced agent, trying to make a name for himself at the expense of everyone else. Blood sucking bastard, he needs to be put down.

All true, but at this point in the game it's all Branch's fault.

If Branch wanted to get this situation resolved he would. He would fire his agent and get this resolved amicably.

I'm starting to think this has nothing to do with Branch anymore and Branch has become a pawn of the NFLPA. The union wants to create a situation outside the CBA that will create precedent for renegotiations with players who have outperformed their rookie contracts and are bound to them long-term.

Between the fines he's incurred and the lost salary and bonus opportunities he's squandered, he'll never be able to reclaim that cash regardless of what contract he signs.

Another thing that makes me think. Branch as well as quite a few Pats players admit to talking to each other during this situation. I recognize the "union brotherhood" ideal, but wouldn't you think at some point, one of these guys might have said "Man what are you doing?"

Branch will never be able to return under the current circumstances. It's gotten too ugly.

Although I have to say listening to Brady on the radio yesterday, if you read between the lines and heard the tone of his voice, I think it was pretty clear he wasn't too positive regarding Branch's return.

Last edited:
Forget it, Branch is as good as gone. At this point do not even bother posting any Branch threads. The only one to post after this is where he was traded to or read about him being benched for the entire season.

Slagathor said:
All true, but at this point in the game it's all Branch's fault.

If Branch wanted to get this situation resolved he would. He would fire his agent and get this resolved amicably.

I'm starting to think this has nothing to do with Branch anymore and Branch has become a pawn of the NFLPA. The union wants to create a situation outside the CBA that will create precedent for renegotiations with players who have outperformed their rookie contracts and are bound to them long-term.

Between the fines he's incurred and the lost salary and bonus opportunities he's squandered, he'll never be able to reclaim that cash regardless of what contract he signs.

Another thing that makes me think. Branch as well as quite a few Pats players admit to talking to each other during this situation. I recognize the "union brotherhood" ideal, but wouldn't you think at some point, one of these guys might have said "Man what are you doing?"

Branch will never be able to return under the current circumstances. It's gotten too ugly.

Although I have to say listening to Brady on the radio yesterday, if you read between the lines and heard the tone of his voice, I think it was pretty clear he wasn't too positive regarding Branch's return.

Several posters have suggested the NFLPA is pushing Branch to continue this insanity. Is it possible they have advised him to not worry about the fines or the loss of salary because they will take care of him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back