OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Vote.

• Yes.

Votes: 33 30.8%
  • He's not as effective as he once was, but he's still a good playoff QB.

Votes: 24 22.4%
  • No.

Votes: 50 46.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Screw your "ad hominem" b.s. I encourage you to stop cluttering this message board with moronic referendums on star players. Brady, Woodhead -- who do you want to skewer next? Vince Wilfork? Mankins? McCourty?

This is a Patriots message board, and you don't want the posters to discuss Patriots players?

Sir, I think you might be confused.

This is a Patriots message board, and you don't want the posters to discuss Patriots players?

Sir, I think you might be confused.

Intelligent discussion of Patriots players always is welcome here. Which excludes your two recent thread "contributions." So far we have anti-Brady and anti-Woodhead threads from you today. Are you a Jets fan?

Intelligent discussion of Patriots players always is welcome here.

Then why don't you provide some in this thread?

Which excludes your two recent thread "contributions."
What is your basis for this claim?

So far we have anti-Brady and anti-Woodhead threads from you today.
You choose to characterize the threads in a manner consistent with your own biases. I merely want to discuss the players in the context of yesterday's debacle.

Are you a Jets fan?
Are you?

Last edited:
Intelligent discussion of Patriots players always is welcome here. Which excludes your two recent thread "contributions." So far we have anti-Brady and anti-Woodhead threads from you today. Are you a Jets fan?

Ditto. I asked this guy in another thread if he was Ron Borges, Mike Felger or a deviant little troll racking up nearly 1000 posts.

Don't answer a question with a question. Are you a Jets fan? Your anti-Brady/anti-Woodhead threads raise suspicion.
I've had enough of your personal attacks. Please don't post to me again. Thank you.

Crumpler and Welker dropped touchdown passes which Brady put right on the money. Brady is about as far from a choker as possible. This year he had no deep threat but made the playoffs.

I've had enough of your personal attacks. Please don't post to me again. Thank you.

It's not a personal attack, not at all. It is completely reasonable to question the interest and loyalty of a "fan" who launches negative poll threads on two of the Patriots' best offensive contributors. Just answer the question. Thank you.

Cost them nothing? Really? If that interception had not been thrown, do you think things would have played out the same?

It cost them something? And what was that?

My point was the Jets got no points off the pick. That would be a fact. I am not writing fiction on how that might have been the beginning of a 45 point offensive beatdown, and all was lost with that one interception. Live in the land of "what might have been" and lay it all on Brady, but I suspect there are 28 or more teams that would kill to have him as QB with the game on the line. If you don't see that, maybe we should trade him so you can see what the world is like for the rest of the NFL fans.

This was not a final drive and game ending pick. If that is the only portion of my response you can address, I will leave you to your angry, imaginary world.

The Colts forum said the same thing about Manning when they lost to the Saints in the superbowl and to the Jets this year..

Without Brady this team would have had a 9-7 record maybe..

The problem is the Pats are not a balanced team like the Steelers and the Packers..They both have a good offense and good defense and still playing and will probably both go to the SB...JMO

The Colts forum said the same thing about Manning when they lost to the Saints in the superbowl and to the Jets this year..

Without Brady this team would have had a 9-7 record maybe..

The problem is the Pats are not a balanced team like the Steelers and the Packers..They both have a good offense and good defense and still playing and will probably both go to the SB...JMO

This is a great post.

Yes, the team is almost Colts-like in its reliance on the QB position. They really have no answers if Brady has an bad game. Let's hope that deficiency will be addressed in the off season.

This is a great post.

Yes, the team is almost Colts-like in its reliance on the QB position. They really have no answers if Brady has an bad game. Let's hope that deficiency will be addressed in the off season.

Agreed !!! :rocker:

Cost them nothing? Really? If that interception had not been thrown, do you think things would have played out the same?

It cost them something? And what was that?

My point was the Jets got no points off the pick. That would be a fact. I am not writing fiction on how that might have been the beginning of a 45 point offensive beatdown, and all was lost with that one interception. Live in the land of "what might have been" and lay it all on Brady, but I suspect there are 28 or more teams that would kill to have him as QB with the game on the line. If you don't see that, maybe we should trade him so you can see what the world is like for the rest of the NFL fans.

This was not a final drive and game ending pick. If that is the only portion of my response you can address, I will leave you to your angry, imaginary world.

Answer my second question and you'll have your answer. Just because you refuse to answer it, doesn't mean that interception wasn't costly.

Anyone want to start the Giselle = Yoko thread?

If Samuel doesn't drop that INT, or Tyree catch that pass or the hundred other things that went wrong on that 2007 superbowl drive Brady is a 4 time super bowl champ and probably a 3 time MVP. People forget that drive to take the lead in the fourth. He played terrible in 09 and I didn't think he was that bad yesterday, not great, but he was hardly terrible.

Answer my second question and you'll have your answer. Just because you refuse to answer it, doesn't mean that interception wasn't costly.

I did. It is fiction, not fact and you have no clue whether the Pats would have scored, whether the Pats would have fumbled, or whether the Pats would have punted after taking a sack and getting bounced from field goal range if the INT was not thrown. You do not know the answer, so don't claim that you do Nostradamus.

Cost means something was lost. You have no clue as to whether something was or was not lost as a result of that play because we will never know. That is reality. The only fact from the game known from that pick is the Jets missed the field goal. I will not attempt to debate the fairy tale in your mind about the happy world in which Brady did not throw a first series, first quarter pick and all is right in the world as a result of that one play.

Last edited:
I did. It is fiction, not fact and you have no clue whether the Pats would have scored, whether the Pats would have fumbled, or whether the Pats would have punted after taking a sack and getting bounced from field goal range if the INT was not thrown. You do not know the answer, so don't claim that you do Nostradamus.

Cost means something was lost. You have no clue as to whether something was or was not lost as a result of that play because we will never know. That is reality. The only fact from the game known from that pick is the Jets missed the field goal. I will not attempt to debate the fairy tale in your mind about the happy world in which Brady did not throw a first series, first quarter pick and all is right in the world as a result of that one play.

If you can't find it in yourself to imagine the Pats taking a 7-0 lead there, and to further imagine how different this game probably would have been, so be it. I can imagine it. Here let's try this another way - what percentage of times would the Pats score 7 points in this situation? What percentage of times would they score 3 points in this situation? What percentage of times would they fumble? What percenatge of times would they throw an interception? You see, if you try, you can get your answer.

Last edited:
I love these recent fans. Believe it or not, no team is automatically granted a super bowl every year. You have to actually make plays. Yes Brady had his 5th interception of the year, but guys dropped some easy passes too. And the jets have a good defense and devised a great game plan.

I'm glad i saw decades of good and bad teams and realize just how good, lucky and consistent you have to be to win even one Super Bowl.

Makes me sick to see these spoiled bandwagon fans who don't realize how lucky they are to have a team that competes every year and builds for the future.

You, my friend, are the choker.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing