PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Has anyone stolen your heart yet?

PATSNUTme

Paranoid Homer ex-moderator
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
By this time of the year I've all but given my heart to a player, but not this year. Hightower, Spikes, Matthews certainly had me looking for wedding rings. But, so far no one this year.

I kinda flirted with the Hunt kid from SMU. And I still have an attraction, but it doesn't feel like the real thing.

I guess by going by a consensus of the rankings, I have some fantasies of an offense with Tyler Efert & Gronk at TE. A.H. split wide or in the slot, with Lloyd and another WR. That could be a really potent offense. That's only if the Patriots can't trade out of the 1st round.

Then there is Phillip Thomas from Fresno who I like a lot as a 2nd rounder. Other than that I have no real feeling so far for any realistic Patriots prospects.

Anyone else in the same boat this year? Or, has someone already stolen your heart?

Last edited:
Markus Wheaton
Leon Mcfadden
Jonathan Cooper

Terron Armstead
Nick Kasa

Markus Wheaton
Leon Mcfadden
Jonathan Cooper

Terron Armstead
Nick Kasa

But, I thought Ziggy Ansah was your boy?:)

I thought he looked great. Same with Mayo's boy Dion Jordan. I like Datone Jones on the defensive line. Think he can be a strong-side LDE. Move inside in our nickel.

I like Wheaton and Hopkins. Honestly, wouldn't complain if we took them 1-2. If Welker leaves.

I thought he looked great. Same with Mayo's boy Dion Jordan. I like Datone Jones on the defensive line. Think he can be a strong-side LDE. Move inside in our nickel.

I like Wheaton and Hopkins. Honestly, wouldn't complain if we took them 1-2. If Welker leaves.

He is but you can't really include top 10 prospects in this type of list (even though I got on to him when he was considered a UDFA :) ).

Hopkins/Wheaton sets us up for a generation. Classic possession/deep threat receiver combination.

Hopkins/Wheaton sets us up for a generation. Classic possession/deep threat receiver combination.

With Gronk and AHern locked up at TE to long-term deals. And, Vereen coming out of the backfield to catch the ball. Them are some weapons.

I'll fall in love next year and then ***** about it.

Da'Rick Rogers. Size and explosion. His ten yard split wasnt the best but that was counteracted by his vertical and broad jump. Maybe he cant get off the line as quick as some others but hes a load at 217, uses his hands well to disengage from press and is very physical.

This is the type of receiver the Pats currently dont have. Hes a physical mismatch against most corners and can beat you over the top, over the middle or in intermediate zones.

Great measurables, solid 40 for a man of his size and excellent times in 3 cone and the shuttles.

Would take him as early as mid-late second. His character red flags dont bother me much as he seems accountable for his mistakes and will be in a locker room with lots of leadership.

DJ Swearinger!
And know he's saying he likes the patriots? :drool:

For WRs:

I like Hunter, Harper, and Moe (UDFA)

For O-Line:
Cooper, Frederick, Schwenke, L. Johnson. T. Armstead

TEs:
Vance McDonald, Chris Gragg, and Nick Kasa

For WRs:

I like Hunter, Harper, and Moe (UDFA)

For O-Line:
Cooper, Frederick, Schwenke, L. Johnson. T. Armstead

TEs:
Vance McDonald, Chris Gragg, and Nick Kasa

I like your OL and TE choices. Less keen on your WR's although maybe that's because Hunter, Harper and Moe sounds like an old time comedy act.

Interesting that you went all offense. I take it your not making decisions on a prospect until you see their combine numbers. Very wise.

I like your OL and TE choices. Less keen on your WR's although maybe that's because Hunter, Harper and Moe sounds like an old time comedy act.

Interesting that you went all offense. I take it your not making decisions on a prospect until you see their combine numbers. Very wise.

I think that Chris Harper has the chance to be similar to David Givens, though I think that Harper has better hands than Givens did at this point. I just can't bring myself to like guys with the character issues, such as Rodgers.

As for Hunter, he intrigues me because, I think living with the Juggs machine for 500 -1000 reps a day could do a lot to solve the problems this kid has with his hands. Much like Branch and Givens did after their rookie years.. And it's been awhile since a WR like him intrigued me. Most of the time I've gone with the most sure-handed of the bunch..

Not making a decision on the defensive guys until I go back and look again. But some guys I know won't make my list. Geathers, Jones, Ogeltree, Rambo..

Not making a decision on the defensive guys until I go back and look again. But some guys I know won't make my list. Geathers, Jones, Ogeltree, Rambo..

I see a pattern there :)

I see a pattern there :)

*LOL* Gee.. You think I'm being too hard on them for judging them based on a few games other than the one against Alabama????

I'll be honest. I wasn't impressed with the Georgia Defense. For all the talk of them being so amazingly talented, I thought that they looked mediocre.

I think Jones could be a huge steal if he continues to fall. He's a stud, and if the spinal injury didn't bug him in college, it's worth the risk.

Also, I love Jordan Reed. As I expected, his combine numbers were going to suck and teams are going to be down on him, but he's Aaron Hernadez all over again, without the marijuana. He should go in the last 2nd to 3rd round. He's even been mentored by Hernandez, so he'd be a great fit.

Jonathan Hankins and John Simon from OSU. You might say I'm an OSU homer, but every game I watched this year, Hankins was a stud and was running down plays to the sideline that he seemingly didn't have a shot at. I don't know why people are so low on him. Simon works his **** off. He's the perfect BB player. I think he could stand up and put his hand on the ground. Like this kid alot.

Would like to see Lattimore be picked up too. He's going to be a stud when healthy. We have enough depth at that position at the moment, but Lattimore could be a 1000 yard rusher if healthy.

Mathieu is a tough call, because I think he's undersized and not strong enough for the NFL, but if we picked him, I'd definitely be all for it. To me, it's all about value, and these guys have big skills and will go later in the draft then they should issues aside.

Johnthan Banks
Quinton Patton
Nick Kasa
Walter Stewart
Caraun Reed
John Simon
Connor Vernon
Cameron Lawrence

almost all of these guys we could get with our picks but a few trade downs could be necessary like 3rd for a 4th and 5th

My perfect draft would be
1. Banks
2. Patton
3rd traded for 4 and 5
4th. Nick Kasa/John Simon
5th. Connor Vernon
7th Walter Stewart
7th Cameron Lawrence
UDFA
T.J Moe
Mike Catapano
Caraun Reed
along with others

Johnthan Banks
Quinton Patton
Nick Kasa
Walter Stewart
Caraun Reed
John Simon
Connor Vernon
Cameron Lawrence

almost all of these guys we could get with our picks but a few trade downs could be necessary like 3rd for a 4th and 5th

1. Banks
2. Patton
3rd traded for 4 and 5
5th. Connor Vernon
7th Walter Stewart
7th Cameron Lawrence
UDFA
T.J Moe
Mike Catapano
Caraun Reed
along with others

Caraun Reed returned to Princeton.

Johnthan Banks
Quinton Patton
Nick Kasa
Walter Stewart
Caraun Reed
John Simon
Connor Vernon
Cameron Lawrence

1. Banks
2. Patton
3rd traded for 4 and 5
5th. Connor Vernon
7th Walter Stewart
7th Cameron Lawrence
UDFA
T.J Moe
Mike Catapano
Caraun Reed
along with others

Walter Stewart has a major medical red flag with that cervical spine abnormality.

Michael Williams had me at hello. He is #1 but there are a few I flirt with; Barrett Jones (yeah I like my big Bama boys), Justin Hunter, Da'Rick Rogers, TJ McDonald, Vince Williams, Matt Barkley.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back