PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Has Anyone Seen This Remarkable NFL Films Vid About the 2014 Team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shmessy

Phoenix, AZ/Retired
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I sure haven't - - it may be one of the best 21 minutes of video about the last season as you're going to ever watch!

3NCQZ.gif

I sure haven't - - it may be one of the best 21 minutes of video about the last season as you're going to ever watch!

That.Was.Awesome. Did NFL Films forget that they stink now? :p

Blessings and deepest good wishes to all the Pats fans out there.

Remember to enjoy every moment of this wonderful ride with this team.

Last edited:
Thank you for finding this Shmessy. I really needed it.

I loved that they focused on 3 guys who were peripheral guys....at the time. Guys who symbolize what the Pats are all about. People forget that losing Devlin has hurt the run game, and he was a good receiver as well. He's a "starter" whose loss never gets mentioned. Much like Brown.

And how can you NOT love Butler. My GOD he has his head on so straight. He is ALWAYS saying the right thing. Don't forget he's 25 IIRC, so it took him a while just to get his one shot at his tryout. Watching him play now, it is almost unfathomable that one of the top 10 CB's in the league this year, got just ONE tryout basically for a chance to be cannon fodder; to be the 90th man on the roster. What a f*cking journey.

Last edited:
Does watching Gronk be awesome in this video make anyone wonder how he'd do at CB? BB basically changed the game by using Gronk/Hernandez as receiving TE's more than anyone else had before.

Wonder how we'd do if we had 6'7" CB's playing defense. BB says Gronk is uncoverable - even if he's in the same spot as his defender, he can just get the ball. Wonder if same thing would be true as a CB. Sure, he's a bit slower and a bit harder to adjust on the fly w routes, but size could make up for some of that.

Perfect. Want that feeling again.

Funny you posted this as I stumbled upon it maybe a day or so ago.

So many great things in that video. Thank you Shmessy for finding it.

Great to get the background on Fleming, Butler, and Develin and it shows why they've fit in so well with this team.
Those rings are HUGE.. When a ring can make Gronkowski's fingers look small... OMG..
Love the tribute that the team has continued to do since Bruschi was was team captain.. The OH YEAH..
Loved they fact that they all opened the rings at the same time. Shows the solidarity that this team embodies.

And how can you NOT love Butler. My GOD he has his head on so straight. He is ALWAYS saying the right thing. Don't forget he's 25 IIRC, so it took him a while just to get his one shot at his tryout. Watching him play now, it is almost unfathomable that one of the top 10 CB's in the league this year, got just ONE tryout basically for a chance to be cannon fodder; to be the 90th man on the roster. What a f*cking journey.

Regarding Butler and his age. He didn't start college until he was 19. He then missed the most of the 2009 and all of the 2010 seasons due to an incident that got him kicked out of school. He returned to Hinds College in 2011. Then transferred to West Alabama in 2012 for his final 2 years. So, he was 24 when he graduated, unlike many who are 21-23 years old..

It was clear from the interview that he didn't like having disappointed so many of his HS coaches, friends and family by getting kicked out of college. That clearly humbled him and lit the fire that is the drive we see today.

anyone know more details about his "incident" that got him kicked out?

Wonderful stuff. Between this and 'Do Your Job', NFL Films has really outdone themselves.

What's the name of the song at the end?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey