PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Has anyone here tried out for an nfl team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nabwong

Vice President of Boycott NFL Club
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
I can only imagine how hard it must be but i'm curious if anyone of you had or had dreams and trained for that opportunity.

Nope. The closest I came to such an event was, I have a first cousin who was a football star in Walpole as a kid and played very well at Holy Cross. He got invited to the Seahawks for a "tryout." I assume it was like an undrafted rookie free agent tryout. I think he described it as he got there, there were tons of other guys, some low level coaches or assistants or whatever had them run around a bit then told most of them (or maybe all of them) to leave. That was it. NFL dreams crushed...

Yes.

Of course the judge called it trespassing, but you know how they are.

Ken went through a couple of training camps with the Broncos in the 1970s. Apparently he was too small to make the team as a LB and too slow to be a safety, or something like that.

Like most people, I'd love to give it a go - if only for the reason to see if a coach could get anything from a 6'8" body at DE or TE.

First stop though will be a team in the British league, because just playing the sport at any level appeals to me.

Ken went through a couple of training camps with the Broncos in the 1970s. Apparently he was too small to make the team as a LB and too slow to be a safety, or something like that.

Surprised they didn't try FB or something with a situation like that?

I know a guy who knows a guy who's brother's cousin's friend's friend's uncle tried out for an NFL team.

I once dated a sister of one of the Buffalo Jills, does that count? She may, or may not, have looked really nothing like this:

00-01jillsCalCov.jpg

I know a guy who watches NFL.

That's about it.

Wife's sister's husband went to BC and played RT for the Bills 2 years. Fred Smerlas' room mate.

Do you mean the National Flopping League....?

two of my great uncles were NFL champions in 1928

I've been to a handful of MLB tryouts (reds, phillies, padres, and Astros). It was more like an organized scrimmage with three of them. One was me and two other guys. I pitched really well in them and thought I was going to get drafted by the reds. In the end they wanted me to go to JuCo for a couple years. I didn't and now I'm a middle aged copier repairman. Didnt quite Work out just as my dumb 17 year old mind planned.

I was a very good punter in high school (42 yard average.. Without the wicked hangtime like the pros) and had some opportunities to play college football but I liked baseball better then.

Only in a few wet dreams ... it was great I caught everything thrown my way.

I'm on the horn with the front office as we speak. Can you suit up on Sunday?

I drove Patriot defensive back Tim Fox from Laguardia Airport to a hotel in Manhattan back in 1979-80. An interesting half hour conversation with a pretty impressively intelligent guy. Also drove a Giant linebacker but cannot recall his name.

Also drove Decathlon Champion Rafer Johnson all around the city. A wonderful guy--and good tipper.

Please just tell me you washed up thoroughly afterwards
afraid_frightened_scared_smiley_emoticon1.gif

No, but I slept at a Holiday Inn Express last night. :snob:.

...I know, weak.

Tried out last year for the Buffalo Bills, was offered a spot on the final 53 but turned them down. I only play for winners.

Yes, I was actually a first string starter for a while catching passes from TB, even won a couple of Super Bowls but then unfortunately I woke up....

I personally know people who have played for numerous teams for the NFL and the MLB. Whatever that means.:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes