Welcome to PatsFans.com

Has anyone heard?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Turk, Oct 18, 2006.

1. Turk

Turk Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

I thought that there was something about a threat in the news today, of several NFL games being the target of terrorist attacks, this upcoming weekend.
    Has it been discredited? Any links?

2. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +775 / 17 / -22

#24 Jersey

3. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

If someone detonated a dirty bomb in the Meadowlands, how would anyone be able to tell...?

All kidding aside, I heard the owner of the message board that posted the message was based in Scituate. He simply gave an alibi that "hey, it's an open forum where anyone can post anything so this isn't really my fault."

It was probably just some attention starved loser who bit off more than he can chew - like that chick in Vermont that was threatening the President's life. I absolutely support taking any and all such threats seriously because, God forbid something should happen, the first thing the Monday Morning Quarterbacks would do is say "Why didn't you investigate that lead that was on the internet...?!?"

People need to learn not to joke about committing acts of terror, assaulting people, threatening local schools or, for that matter, threatening the President.

4. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +441 / 11 / -14

I heard on the news (Fox I believe) that this is not considered a credible threat.

5. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,105 / 3 / -10

Bush knows whats going on, he's tapping their phones, no more learning how to fly but not land, that was all during the "Clinton Years".

6. Turk

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

7. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +892 / 7 / -3

Quick, someone check Karl Rove's internet activity.

8. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +805 / 26 / -33

The FBI is interviewing a person of interest in the Milwaukee area,

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2631676

WASHINGTON -- The FBI interviewed a Milwaukee resident Thursday who officials believe was involved in posting Internet threats about dirty bomb attacks on NFL football stadiums this weekend. The threats appeared to be phony.

The person, described as a 20-year-old man, did not appear to have any ties to terrorist groups, according to an FBI official in Washington who spoke on condition of anonymity because the investigation was ongoing.

"From the information we have, we believe he was involved to some extent, but we don't know at what level," said FBI special agent Douglas E. Porrini in Milwaukee.

"That person was released, but we're not saying that he won't be charged," Porrini said. "We don't know what his level of involvement was."

9. Sir Otilc

Sir Otilc On the Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

If a dirty bomb goes off in Oakland, and it takes out that idiot in the stands with the skulls on his shoulders, would that be such a bad thing?

NOTE TO NEM: THE ABOVE IS NOT AN ENDORSEMENT OF TERRORISM, DIRTY BOMBS OR EVEN THE OAKLAND RAIDERS. TRY TO HAVE A SENSE OF HUMOR.

10. Turk

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

One of my salesmen just came back from the Miami Dolphin Stadium and he tells me that there is a high level of security activity going on there. Bomb squads, dogs, cops with big guns, etc. all over the place.

11. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,105 / 3 / -10

You won't be told the truth because they don't want panic or fear, it's pssible that the threat was real and it's possible that it wasn't.

We are going to have to live with things like this for a long long time.

9/11 changed America forever, the Muslim Terrorist will never stop trying, I beg of you Liberals, don't help him, think of your children.