PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Has anyone heard of Maroney's reaction?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gopher22/39

Rookie
Reaction score
Just wondering is the New England media has asked Maroney's thought on the Gophers getting their new stadium back on campus? Just figured I would see

gopher22/39 said:
Just wondering is the New England media has asked Maroney's thought on the Gophers getting their new stadium back on campus? Just figured I would see

When asked about the Gophers getting their new stadium back on campus, Maroney replied "Who's this now?"

Yes, he said, "If only I stayed there one more year, risked carrer ending injury, didn't get paid like a #1 draft pick, didn't get picked up by the best franchise in football, I could have played in the new Golpher Stadium in front of all of those blonde haired , blue eyed, Swede's" who say "ya" every other word."

Sounded really disappointed. :eek:

PATSNUTme said:
Yes, he said, "If only I stayed there one more year, risked carrer ending injury, didn't get paid like a #1 draft pick, didn't get picked up by the best franchise in football, I could have played in the new Golpher Stadium in front of all of those blonde haired , blue eyed, Swede's" who say "ya" every other word."

Sounded really disappointed. :eek:

BTW, it's "Ja!"....

Just for the record.

And I love blonde-haired, blue-eyed Swedes!

Ja!:D

"The GOPHERS! Not the golfers!"

The Boston media has been ALL OVER this story the past 2 weeks. What a scene at the press conference the other day when Maroney kept trying to sidestep the questions. Borges yelled at him that he was hiding on the subject and that he is a closet "Dome Lover". Maroney got mad and claimed that this was not true and that he forever pined for wrought iron stadiums over the concrete. He said he was still on the fence about retractable roofs.

Then the press started pounding him with questions about how long Shannon Stewart will be on the Twins DL.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye