PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Has Anyone Else Thought About This????

Status
Not open for further replies.
The day our owners act like Snyder and Jones is the day I become the fan of another team. Please do not mention our owners (one of the best FO's in the history of sports) in the same breath as these two scumbags. I've been a fan since 1979. I've seen several owners, but none criminal; classless yes (Kiam) but not criminals.

Perhaps, I went a bit too far. One thing a team can do is put a player in contact with media and sponsors so that the player understands his additional sources of revenue. This revenue is sometimes as much as the platers salary. For example, I supect that is the case in the case of Troy Brown.

No, I'm talking about the owners themselves...

Jerry Jones and Dan Snyder wouldn't do this????

Just research the career that Jerry Jones had before becoming a NFL owner.

He cooked the books as they say.

He royally screwed over MANY people in the state of Oklahoma.

I never said that the Kraft's would do this... but, you never know nowadays.

I didn't try to put the topic in a bad light either, I was just curious if this sort of thing really does happen.

After reading about what Jerry Jones did in the energy business in Oklahoma, I wouldn't be surprised if every owner doesn't do this sort of "creative financing"... "Just take a pay cut, and I'll slip you a check to your non-profit org after the season for the difference."

Its happened at least once in The NBA. Scroll down to near the bottom and look for Joe Smith. Too bad so great a player (McHale that is) has it attached to his legacy.

The day our owners act like Snyder and Jones is the day I become the fan of another team. Please do not mention our owners (one of the best FO's in the history of sports) in the same breath as these two scumbags. I've been a fan since 1979. I've seen several owners, but none criminal; classless yes (Kiam) but not criminals.

Perhaps, I went a bit too far. One thing a team can do is put a player in contact with media and sponsors so that the player understands his additional sources of revenue. This revenue is sometimes as much as the platers salary. For example, I supect that is the case in the case of Troy Brown.

Actually, it is the Pats players contracts that they are to try and work with the Patriots client list in terms of advertising spots. Players aren't supposed to go outside that list.

Its also a known fact that Dunkin Donuts wanted Troy for their spot last year and not anyone else. Yes, this was pointed out to Troy and I am sure this helped in his decision making. I doubt that Bob Kraft would put undo pressure on Dunkin Donuts to force them to get Troy a spot.

I think some of He Ban Me's remarks verge on slander. The rest are just stupid.

As he has amply demonstrated, he wouldn't know class if it bit him in the leg.

And I expect he will now give us another demonstration of his fine character.

Except that it would seriously violate the salary cap and the CBA? If any team got caught doing this there would be serious repercussions. Didn't San Fran get in big trouble a few years back because their books didn't add up? I'm not buying it. Any team that tries this would be at serious risk. And Goodell would come down seriously hard on them because the NFL is trying to keep a good rep at this point in time

I'm almost 100% sure that at least 1 owner did this, just to lower the cap numbers for his team...

Instead of paying the player their money, why not just "donate" the difference to the players "non-profit" organization... and pay them a little bit so it looks decent enough on the books.

That or just pay them under the table.

I'd be willing to bet that this type of thing already happened.

Or am I just too brilliant????

You're a total inept idiot.

This thread was NEVER based on the dolts. NEVER. Actually, I don't ever really think about that POS team.

But now that your putting the spotlight on the stink...

The funny thing about you freaks is that someone will start a thread, I'll respond, then someone will bring the Colts into it, then I respond again, and then the original poster will say, "well this isn't about the Colts anyway". Comical, you guys introduce it, and flame on the wrong guy! Follow the flow, people!

Musta said something to inflame you though?

The funny thing about you freaks is that someone will start a thread, I'll respond, then someone will bring the Colts into it, then I respond again, and then the original poster will say, "well this isn't about the Colts anyway". Comical, you guys introduce it, and flame on the wrong guy! Follow the flow, people!

Musta said something to inflame you though?

You were saying stuff about the dolts. Isn't that enough????

Leave it to a Bill Polian fan to conjure up a way to cheat and beat the system, and you wonder why people dislike you so much. :rolleyes:

How about free lifetime supply of razors?

NOW I can agree with the statement...:D

Last edited:
NOW I can agree with the statement...:D

Bwhahahahahahahaa!!

U are funny as ****, just like the others. I get it, you guys know how to go in, change a post, and then make a comment. Original, witty, you guys are awesome!!! Teach me, teach me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes