PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Has anybody seen Tom Brady not smiling since last week?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FloridaPatsFan

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
It might seem like a minor observation, but every interview or photo of Brady I have seen since last week has shown him to look unusually relaxed. I know he's done all this superbowl stuff before and he's probably the coolest cat on the planet right now but I keep coming back to something Sal Paolantonio said on Monday about the Patriots.....That in all the time he's covered them, this is the most relaxed he's ever seen them.

I cannot see the Giants winning this game even for a moment. I have thought it was going to be close. I'm starting to think that this game has the makings of a Patriot blowout.......

It might seem like a minor observation, but every interview or photo of Brady I have seen since last week has shown him to look unusually relaxed. I know he's done all this superbowl stuff before and he's probably the coolest cat on the planet right now but I keep coming back to something Sal Paolantonio said on Monday about the Patriots.....That in all the time he's covered them, this is the most relaxed he's ever seen them.

I cannot see the Giants winning this game even for a moment. I have thought it was going to be close. I'm starting to think that this game has the makings of a Patriot blowout.......

I just hope they aren't overconfident. They have all been acting this way all week. It makes me very uncomfortable. They haven't won yet, they should be all stressed and playing their cards close to their vests.

I just hope they aren't overconfident. They have all been acting this way all week. It makes me very uncomfortable. They haven't won yet, they should be all stressed and playing their cards close to their vests.

They did that for 18 games to get to this one. I think these guys are focused but they are trying to stay loose and not put any more pressure on themselves than they need to. I've heard enough comments lately from some of the players to know that the pressure did get to them. Bruschi and Harrison both mentioned how "tight" they were in week 17. They admitted a little pressure did get to them in that game. They were probably a little wound up the last two games too. One loss and their season would have been over. Now they have reached the Super Bowl. There is no other game to worry about but this one. Why not relax and focus on the upcoming game? I'm glad that they are loose.

they know the drill! and those that dont, i'm sure are spoken to by the rest! they will be ready

the reason they are all relaxed, imo, is because the last time they played them they were screwing around. they know that if they play for real it will be humiliation.

the reason they are all relaxed, imo, is because the last time they played them they were screwing around. they know that if they play for real it will be humiliation.

Cheers to that!

I think people are right, they don't want to be so stressed they peak before the game.

yea ive noticed how happy the whole team looks including coach bill..i love seeing them extremely happy & excited..the only person i was nervous about was moss before i saw him but when he started crackin jokes & laughing that made me really excited..

We want the team loose. When they are tight, they don't play as well.

Besides, wasn't the big thing all year long how much pressure we were under to go undefeated and how "loose" the other teams were going to be? Being loose is a good thing.

I'm sure they are not kicking back in practice.

I wish flowers worked for me as well as they did for him . . .

Been there, done that counts for something in the SB. On Saturday, the game faces come back.

They just have him on a lot of morphine because of the ankle thing. :p

Actually, what I've rally noticed is ow happy BB is. I believe the master plan is in place. :rocker:

They are ready, confident - not over confident.

I think they see history right there for the taking and they have every intention of taking this game.

Having dodged disaster with Bradys ankle, they seem to be a very healthy and rested team.

BB's gameplan must be something very special - another Hall of Fame entry for the coach!!

As this week passes, evry so slowly, I see a blow out win in our future!!

...of course he'd just spent a few days housebound with Gisele in NY. I'd look like the Enzyte guy if that was me!

I've noticed this about Brady too this week. He was having a great time at media day, it just seems like he's really soaking every thing in. I can't remember him acting so, well, happy and relaxed in previous Superbowl weeks.

I'm gonna take it as a good sign.

Last edited:

I think they are confident, not overconfident. I think the Giants are more overconfident. We just see the Pats more this week than a typical week.

I am sure that in practice they are business as usual, but many of the players are more loose in front of the cameras even during the season. There are just far, far more cameras this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back