PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Has anybody ever faked going for it then punted?

Status
Not open for further replies.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I vaguely recall the Pats pooch-punting against the Jets in '94. They lined up for a long FG attempt, snapped it directly to Bahr who pinned them down inside their 5. That next set of downs the Pats had a pick 6 to seal the game. Can anyone help fill in the holes in my story?

They did do this with Rucci knocking the ball from going in the end zone. Three plays later Esiason was picked off by Ricky Reynolds for a touchdown. It was win 4 in the 7 to close the season out.

Brady did in 03 against the Dolphins in the game where Bruschi scored and threw the snow. Field position was at a premium in that game because neither team could move the all in the snow!

Yes we ran this play in College it was called the quick kick. Our version was a quick toss to the Tailback (me) and I took a step and punted it. Alot of NFL teams use the QB from shotgun but its the same principal. As an old HS punter and nobody back to return I set the school record with a 65yd punt since I got a serious roll going on astroturf.:D

~GiGGle~Guys I hate to be the one to tell you all. But that play has a name. When my son was a qb he did it so often other coaches always had a deep safety on 3rd. It is a "Quick Kick"

Glad I reread the title before answering...

I thought it said

"Has anybody ever faked it,Then grunted"

Glad I reread the title before answering...

I thought it said

"Has anybody ever faked it,Then grunted"

That's probably a real title line on the OTHER Patriots fan site.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back